Need CAGS, who sells it?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Need CAGS, who sells it? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Ok, lots of threads about CAGS, what it does, how annoying it is etc.....but is there anyone that actually sells ...
    Matt05V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Need CAGS, who sells it?

Ok, lots of threads about CAGS, what it does, how annoying it is etc.....but is there anyone that actually sells them? I know vendors have them for Vette's but what about the V's? Anyone know where I can get one? Will the ones for the Vettes work?...I don't want to make one and I'm not going to need a tune or anything til spring so this is why I ask.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

Re: Need CAGS, who sells it?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt05V View Post
    Ok, lots of threads about CAGS, what it does, how annoying it is etc.....but is there anyone that actually sells them? I know vendors have them for Vette's but what about the V's? Anyone know where I can get one? Will the ones for the Vettes work?...I don't want to make one and I'm not going to need a tune or anything til spring so this is why I ask.
    I beleive you are looking for a !CAGS... deleteing the use of it. Computer Aided Gear Selection (CAGS) aka
    1 > 4 skip shift is the most annoying thing GM has ever done, more than likely just to improve the fuel economy posted numbers... its been on all GM V8 since 1998... camaro, T/A, CTS-V, Corvette and others... any using the T-56 Borg Trans... even the NEW Camaro 2010 has it.. T-6060. Many others deal with the same shit. (Dodge Viper... etc)

You are crazy to buy a delete... its a 10cent resistor. 2200ohms.. you unplug the solenoid on the trans and stick the resistor in... tape it all up.. done. or if you have some tuning software to turn it off. OR just unplug the stupid thing and deal with the engine light. Or...
    If you like paying 1000 x more for a fancy resistor... buy one here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadil...Q5fAccessories

Thanks

Anyone ever use the ebay ones? It is just plug them in (existing male to new female and existing female to new male) or do you have to cut wires, etc.?

I may be crazy for spending the money but I just want a clean install and not have taped up ends for heat to melt and water and salt (MN dailt driver) to get in/corrode whatever the case may be.

CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

Those ebay ones appear to be plug and play... contact the seller to make sure.

verywhitedevil is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V

I have one that I do not need anymore since I have a tune. If you paypal me 10.00 I will send it out.

snipe_pipe is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I bought this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...#ht_1459wt_908

Simple install and it works. You don't need to know much other than how to open the existing connection and drop it in line. Also, no zip ties or home-brewing.

KaMaSuTrA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by snipe_pipe View Post
    I bought this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CADIL...#ht_1459wt_908

Simple install and it works. You don't need to know much other than how to open the existing connection and drop it in line. Also, no zip ties or home-brewing.
    Ditto...looks like they've gone up in price though since I last got mine. Had it for about 1 year and so far no issues or complaints.

Sublime69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Yeah, i bought that same one also about 2 weeks ago for 12 bucks. You can buy the resistor but for 12 dollars you get a nice stock looking water tight connector.... and it take 2 min to install.

CadzillaTN is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

you could also pm type911 if fleabay doesnt pan out however im not sure if hes makng them anymore. 13 or 15 bucks shipped.

Got the one Snipe suggested from Adaptive Performance. Works great, and super simple install. Just plugs in, in seconds. Finally, I don't have to drive my car "around" the ship shift. I shift when I want to where I want. Love it. Thanks Snipe!

bjv
    bjv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 cts-v

I've only had my V for a little over a week now. I've noticed the skip-shift engaging occasionally, but as I've gotten used to driving the car around the city I've noticed that it doesn't affect me.

The skip-shift seems to kick in for me at relatively low speeds, to the point where the rpm's in 4th seem too low to actually pull the car. Anyway, if I'm driving relatively sedately where the skipshift will kick in, I just shift 1 to 3 and it works fine. If I'm driving a little harder then skipshift doesn't kick in and I can go 1-2 like in a normal car.

Isn't it recommended that we just replace the entire shifter anyway?

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by bjv View Post
    I've only had my V for a little over a week now. I've noticed the skip-shift engaging occasionally, but as I've gotten used to driving the car around the city I've noticed that it doesn't affect me.

The skip-shift seems to kick in for me at relatively low speeds, to the point where the rpm's in 4th seem too low to actually pull the car. Anyway, if I'm driving relatively sedately where the skipshift will kick in, I just shift 1 to 3 and it works fine. If I'm driving a little harder then skipshift doesn't kick in and I can go 1-2 like in a normal car.

Isn't it recommended that we just replace the entire shifter anyway?
    The shifter is mechanical, the skip shift is software related. It can be tuned out or tricked with a resistor (!CAGS eliminator).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.