@#$^!* UUC Transmission Mount - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, @#$^!* UUC Transmission Mount in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; +1 Originally Posted by Hammar I took two minute to put small tack welds between the studs and the plate ...
    mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

Re: @#$^!* UUC Transmission Mount

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammar View Post
    I took two minute to put small tack welds between the studs and the plate last night. Problem solved Thanks for three pages of ranting so I knew to fix this before I had the car up on stands.

-Hammar

mpunklil is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Raven Black 2004 CTS-V. Broken Diff!

+2
    Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    What about drilling down a bit into the steel plate and tack welding the studs into place? That seems like an easy fix if UUC takes too long.

Slithering_Joe is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, Powered by Chevrolet

Quote Originally Posted by mpunklil View Post
    Everyone...real freakin easy. Take your mount to a muffler shop, have them throw a tack weld on it for ten bucks, and put it back in. End of story. They might even do it for free if you shmooze em enough
    Not the end of story. Still need to know what holds the mount together in the event the 'glue' lets go.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

There really isn't a giant marketplace out there for the V1 and their numbers dwindle every day as they are flipped and wrapped around trees.
    Even fewer people that have them even know what kinds of mods are available.
    UUC's products offer improvements over factory components but have proven not to be flawless and as with any new-ish product there are issues to be worked out.

From what I understand the UUC trans mount issue being discussed here is an installation issue, as the nuts were being tightened the stud started to spin.
    If the mount is already installed there is no need to take it out and weld anything, it seems a matter of getting it installed. From what I know UUC is fixing the issue.
    The original mount problem that so many people worried about affected only a few people and the ones that I updated from the original to the yellow were in perfect condition, one set was in a supercharged car.
    AFAIK the UUC does not use any kind of fail safe or what I think I see being referred to here as a "positive stop".
    I can't speak for the other product mentioned here as I know precious little about it other than it is an alternative, and from what I have seen posted, not without issues of it's own. The manufacturer seems to stand behind it's product there as well.

If the "glue lets go" then the mount lets go, pretty simple. That is a pretty big IF and it is also what happens when you do mods.
    Granted the factory mounts have some issues, but they do have stops in them if they fail. Re-engineering stuff isn't cheap or easy.
    We stand behind what we sell and so far UUC is standing behind what they give us to sell.
    I'd consider this a "work in progress" and report issues as you find them so Luke can address these issues with UUC.

Nobody promised perfection but we do our best to provide customer service.
    Not sure what UUC's deal is but I know Luke is working with them to address issues as they come up.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Man you bitch about eeeeeverything, you must work in an industry where there is NO proprietary information...
    Yes he does!

ProdigalSON is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): BLACK 05' CTS-V

Suscribed - my trans mount has been installed for that last 7K miles - so far so good but I'm bringing it in this Wednesday to make sure everythign is still holding up. I will report back later.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.