275/40 RE-11 on stock rim?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 275/40 RE-11 on stock rim? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; The tire/wheel search is enormous. RE-11s call for a 9" rim on 275/40s. I've seen plenty of guys on the ...
    crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

275/40 RE-11 on stock rim?

The tire/wheel search is enormous. RE-11s call for a 9" rim on 275/40s. I've seen plenty of guys on the forum get way with the stock 8.5". Or so they say. I'd like to run them in the rear only. Speaking of which, I started a thread along time ago asking about the handling bug a boos for wider rear tires. Push-understeer... and all that. Staggered wheels sets seem to be all the rage now with the new models. What suspension mods, if any, should you do with a staggered set up? Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Re: 275/40 RE-11 on stock rim?

Quote Originally Posted by crankedupforit View Post
    The tire/wheel search is enormous. RE-11s call for a 9" rim on 275/40s. I've seen plenty of guys on the forum get way with the stock 8.5". Or so they say. I'd like to run them in the rear only. Speaking of which, I started a thread along time ago asking about the handling bug a boos for wider rear tires. Push-understeer... and all that. Staggered wheels sets seem to be all the rage now with the new models. What suspension mods, if any, should you do with a staggered set up? Any thoughts?
    275s fit fine in the rear, front is asking for trouble. They bulge a little, but not enough to really effect handling characteristics on the street.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

I have 275's on the rear as well with stock rims...I can't tell any handling differences on the street. The Track is probably is a different story. IMO it looks so much better.

Alan F is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

you can read my recent post on this very topic. After several hundred miles I can tell you that if you air the rears up just under the max psi they'll do fine. If you air down 275s on an 8.5 rim it will walk side to side slightly in turns. Functionally its perfectly fine IF you go w/ a slimmer fitting 275. If you put a GY F1 that's made humongus, it may be too much side to side movement for aggressive handling.

soundexp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' CTS-V

I have 275/40 Nitto NT05 on the rear and 245/40 on the front with stock height suspension and no issues. No rubbing or handling woes and they look awesome. They offer more grip than the smaller 245 on the rear at essentially the same height as the 245/45 Goodyear. As for the track they work really well when the hot pressures are 35 psi front and between 38-40 psi rear.

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I love my RE-11s. I don't love the lack of traction they have in wet weather. Even if they are NEAR water they seem to watch to hydroplane. It someone is drinking water in my car they seem to hydroplane. Hell, I don't even allow people name Walt near my car because it kinda sounds like water.

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

Wink Re: 275/40 RE-11 on stock rim?

Quote Originally Posted by soundexp View Post
    I have 275/40 Nitto NT05 on the rear and 245/40 on the front with stock height suspension and no issues. No rubbing or handling woes and they look awesome. They offer more grip than the smaller 245 on the rear at essentially the same height as the 245/45 Goodyear. As for the track they work really well when the hot pressures are 35 psi front and between 38-40 psi rear.
    Hey Mike, any problems with squirm on the track. Does the car feel like it understeers at all? I heard wide rear tires can push. Although these are only about an inch wider in the rear, I wonder if it will make a difference. I think TBJS runs a staggered arrangement, but his mods are top secret and he stopped talking to the neophytes unless he's complaining about fawning over visual mods. BTW did you get those endlinks I sent?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    I love my RE-11s. I don't love the lack of traction they have in wet weather. Even if they are NEAR water they seem to watch to hydroplane. It someone is drinking water in my car they seem to hydroplane. Hell, I don't even allow people name Walt near my car because it kinda sounds like water.
    Haha

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.