Cadillac Owners Forum banner
3K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  nickr28784 
#1 ·
Finaly got these on.

Gotta say best mod so far as far as feeling a power gain.

The car rips now, its amazing how hard it puts you back in your seat.

I cant beat it to much cause it does need to get re-tuned. I can feel some dead spots at certain RPMs , and im not sure if its running to lean so I only opened it upalittle.

Just orderd my hendrix clutch kit tonight so after that is installed I'll retune.

Im running the kooks cat connectors along with a x-pipe and OBX mufflers that stay pretty quiet untill I get on it, which I like. And I think Im going to buy a electronic cutout down the road but for daily driving I dont like it to loud. I barly have any drone at all..

The only thing Im not happy about it how close the headers are to the steering rod...I think i can feel it touch on hard right hand turns...
My only thought is my motor mount isnt fully doing its job anymore ?
.. But im going to look into it more another day..

Im amazed at how tight everything is next to the connectors, but everything there seems ok.

I also need to upgrade the clamps that connect to the cat connectors to the stock catback, they are cheap ass autozone ones that I dont like , the kooks didnt come with them like I thought they did. .

here are some pics, and a very poor video I took tonight. But its got good sound :)

Was anyone elses 1 7/8 set this close ?? ( its about a 1/8 inch away from the pipe...)

I honestly dont like it that close but ill dealwith it till I have time to mess with it again..

heres the Video , volume up. My cam has a slight chop to it, the tune mellowed it out alot compared to when I first got it.

See less See more
1 3
#2 ·
That's a 112? I guess 110 is where I want to be.

#7 ·
Thanks. Cam comes this winter. Gonna go big. I don't really know much about cams so excuse my ignorance. I guess the low lsa doeant necessarily mean it's choppy. Aiming for 430hp/400tq.

Sorry for the thread jack...congrats on the instal!

#5 ·
I posted this in your other thread too, but figured I'd put it in here too for anyone that doesn't visit the other place...

Wow those 1 7/8s look really big,.

Here are some pics of my 1 3/4. I've seen some people with the same size as me that came a lot closer to the steering shaft, I think one guy even dented his headers a little to make room.

#9 ·
The G5X1 is what I have with the maggie and it sounds great and the car runs very well. Nice little chop too.

#11 ·
:histeric:

#15 ·
Sounds nasty. If Chuck Liddell were a car, that's what he would sound like.:thumbsup:

#22 ·
Ok, Ill clarify what I was saying here cause two people back to back didn't get it.

Longer duration, tighter LSA, higher lift numbers = more power.

Of course you wont see the true full potential of a 233/239 620/600 112 on a 346cid until you stroke the engine, slap on a set of stage 3 heads, bolt on some long tube headers and spend a ridiculous amount of money for a piece of plastic (lsx intake or similar) and throttle body to accommodate flow. Of course, at that point, power gains from the cam don't matter nearly as much as the total engine combination.

Do you still see power from a cam that aggressive without mods? Yes, of course, but the engine is a bit more difficult to tune and may have idle issues if your tuner doesn't know what they're doing.

Will the car lose power throughout the power range except for the high end? No, well at least not compared to the stock cam. HOT ROD did a great writeup a couple of months back, "LSX cam shootout" or something or other. Basically, LS2 with mild, wild, scary, track only cams and power outputs. Not surprisingly, all of the cams offered better power than stock across the entire RPM range.

Now don't get me wrong here. I've had lots of other motors that don't sound like they're popping popcorn while idling, but I always found myself wanting a more aggressive sound. Other cams with shorter durations and wide LSAs will produce more power lower in the RPM range, wont sound as "poppy," probably will pass smog and most likely can be driven without proper tuning. (I still don't recommend that last part though.)

Yes, the car will be a bit more of a monster to drive. No, that doesn't bother me. I look forward to the scared look other drivers get when your whole car shakes along to the lope of the cam.

LS1 Vette 233/239 112 - stock heads

Based on those two videos, I would say a set of LS6 heads with an LS6 intake would perform even better. :thumbsup:

#23 · (Edited)
The red vette sounds like it needs a tune.

My car sounds almost the same as far as lobe. I just have a quiet exhaust compared to that vette. If I ran no cats and muffler deletes with 3" pipes it would sound just like that.

but thats Just plain anyoing for a daily driver, on long rides you'd get a major headache, and you cannt even talk on the phone if you had to. Loud exhausts are nice , but realy to much of a pain for me.

I run the mufflers I have because i dont want drone and crazy noise..

I am thinking of gettin a cutout, just wonder if it will give any HP gains at all...

Now If I had a vette I would def want it to sound as beast as possible...

I would love to own a vette and a V :D
maybe someday when a c5 z06 drops to the high teens ;)

#25 ·
man im tryin to put my v on a diet not put more weight in it.

Ive got my eye out on a electric cutout but that will be down the road...

The police around my way arent very nice about loud exhaust.

Altough I think they wouldnt bother the cadi much, theres some dicks out here.

Got pulled over twice with my camaro and that was just a slp loudmouth on the stock headers and cats...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.