1 7/8 kooks Installed :D - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 1 7/8 kooks Installed :D in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; where are you located in CT? I wouldn't mind meeting up to check out your car sometime, as I'm thinking ...
    nickr28784 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 1 7/8 kooks Installed :D

where are you located in CT? I wouldn't mind meeting up to check out your car sometime, as I'm thinking about ordering these headers, also adding a cam and maybe down the road a maggie...

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I don't really understand, but have grown to accept, the fact some folks make exhaust modification decisions based soley on how it sounds rather than how it performs. But I will never understand choosing camshafts on that basis.
    I picked the cam cause it sounds like cars that I like's engine setups. Higher duration produces more power nearer the top end but falls off in the mid range, you can circumvent this by tightening the lsa's. I don't see why people worry about power under the curve when the "under the curve" power isn't really used for daily driving anyway. Whens the last time you were shifting hard at 3500?

Its apples and oranges friend, besides, my last car had a baby cam. This one is a race car (to me at least) and I want everyone to know its a little scary.

(sorry for threadjack)

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nickr28784 View Post
    where are you located in CT? I wouldn't mind meeting up to check out your car sometime, as I'm thinking about ordering these headers, also adding a cam and maybe down the road a maggie...

In in central CT, new britain.

Im on the pike once in a while but its to cold out now.

What color is your V ? and what do you have done ?
    Ive seen a few V's out this way recently.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    I picked the cam cause it sounds like cars that I like's engine setups. Higher duration produces more power nearer the top end but falls off in the mid range, you can circumvent this by tightening the lsa's. I don't see why people worry about power under the curve when the "under the curve" power isn't really used for daily driving anyway. Whens the last time you were shifting hard at 3500?

Its apples and oranges friend, besides, my last car had a baby cam. This one is a race car (to me at least) and I want everyone to know its a little scary.

(sorry for threadjack)
    What do you mean under the curve doesnt matter , does your motor stay at 6,500 rpms all the time ? I think you forgeting a few things.

If your doing a second gear roll or at the track , you dont start the race at 6,500 rpms

And each time you shift the RPMS dont stay at 6500 either. They drop to the midrange area.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

(sorry for threadjack)
    I did not say anything about power under the curve. When is the last time you drove around all day at idle?

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I did not say anything about power under the curve. When is the last time you drove around all day at idle?
    From what i read I thought you were asking but power under the curve ment.

I cruise at idel each time I come to a light ..hehe

Ok, Ill clarify what I was saying here cause two people back to back didn't get it.

Longer duration, tighter LSA, higher lift numbers = more power.

Of course you wont see the true full potential of a 233/239 620/600 112 on a 346cid until you stroke the engine, slap on a set of stage 3 heads, bolt on some long tube headers and spend a ridiculous amount of money for a piece of plastic (lsx intake or similar) and throttle body to accommodate flow. Of course, at that point, power gains from the cam don't matter nearly as much as the total engine combination.

Do you still see power from a cam that aggressive without mods? Yes, of course, but the engine is a bit more difficult to tune and may have idle issues if your tuner doesn't know what they're doing.

Will the car lose power throughout the power range except for the high end? No, well at least not compared to the stock cam. HOT ROD did a great writeup a couple of months back, "LSX cam shootout" or something or other. Basically, LS2 with mild, wild, scary, track only cams and power outputs. Not surprisingly, all of the cams offered better power than stock across the entire RPM range.

Now don't get me wrong here. I've had lots of other motors that don't sound like they're popping popcorn while idling, but I always found myself wanting a more aggressive sound. Other cams with shorter durations and wide LSAs will produce more power lower in the RPM range, wont sound as "poppy," probably will pass smog and most likely can be driven without proper tuning. (I still don't recommend that last part though.)

Yes, the car will be a bit more of a monster to drive. No, that doesn't bother me. I look forward to the scared look other drivers get when your whole car shakes along to the lope of the cam.

LS1 Vette 233/239 112 - stock heads

Based on those two videos, I would say a set of LS6 heads with an LS6 intake would perform even better.

The red vette sounds like it needs a tune.

My car sounds almost the same as far as lobe. I just have a quiet exhaust compared to that vette. If I ran no cats and muffler deletes with 3" pipes it would sound just like that.

but thats Just plain anyoing for a daily driver, on long rides you'd get a major headache, and you cannt even talk on the phone if you had to. Loud exhausts are nice , but realy to much of a pain for me.

I run the mufflers I have because i dont want drone and crazy noise..

I am thinking of gettin a cutout, just wonder if it will give any HP gains at all...

Now If I had a vette I would def want it to sound as beast as possible...

I would love to own a vette and a V
    maybe someday when a c5 z06 drops to the high teens

Well actually the white one has xpipe and corsas. My V has cats, xpipe, magnaflows; I dont think it will be near as loud as that one. Heh, and if it is, Ill just sound deaden the whole car.

Oh and lol, Second Skin Audio is not one of my clients, though his search engine optimization is stellar.

Well actually the white one has xpipe and corsas. My V has cats, xpipe, magnaflows; I dont think it will be near as loud as that one. Heh, and if it is, Ill just sound deaden the whole car.

Oh and lol, Second Skin Audio is not one of my clients, though his search engine optimization is stellar.
    man im tryin to put my v on a diet not put more weight in it.

Ive got my eye out on a electric cutout but that will be down the road...

The police around my way arent very nice about loud exhaust.

Altough I think they wouldnt bother the cadi much, theres some dicks out here.

Got pulled over twice with my camaro and that was just a slp loudmouth on the stock headers and cats...

nickr28784 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    In in central CT, new britain.

Im on the pike once in a while but its to cold out now.

What color is your V ? and what do you have done ?
    Ive seen a few V's out this way recently.
    black/black w/ tints...

not much motorwork done... I'm still under warranty...

but I do have zoomers exhaust and get looks everywhere i go... sounds mean, i just want to add some kooks to it...and i also have the fg2 suspension setup

I'm in south windsor/east hartford, haven't been to the pike lately, but i get down there once in a while.. would def be down to meet up sometime tho

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.