UUC Motor Mounts Version 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, UUC Motor Mounts Version 2 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So before I went on vacation, I was working on the V, and was doing other stuff to it, and ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

UUC Motor Mounts Version 2

So before I went on vacation, I was working on the V, and was doing other stuff to it, and it's been on jackstands for a long time
    On shut off I would hear a (sometime faint, sometimes loud) clank on the passenger side....right where the motor mount is. So the hell with it, I'm REdid my Motor Mounts while the trans is out.

So called up Luke and he was nice enough to send me the new version of the UUC Motor Mounts. (I also got the trans mount.....more on that later )

I'm not doing a big writeup, but here's some helpful hints for you guys....and it just wouldn't be me if I didn't take some badass pics.

All motor mount bolts (on the block) are 15mm
    The bottom nut on the hex stud is 21mm
    I can't remember what size socket I used on the hex stud, but I know there's not alot of torque on it, and it came out fairly easy.
    The bolt holding the bottom mount to frame is 18mm

I didn't think I'd dig the yellow, but ehhhh it looks good under the LS6!

Newwwws teeeeaamm....asssemmmmbllleee.....

On the passenger side, you can get away with NOT taking the wheel off. Only 3 bolts on the mount to the block.

Front two bolts on the drivers side...DO have to take the wheel off

Back two bolts on the drivers side...there are 4 bolts on the block side mount

You can see the stud spin freely inside as the mount is held in place. I know my cell phone video sucks, but you can see I drew a line on the bolt so you could see it spin, and it's not just the vise grips twisting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajcp3RXzKs8"]YouTube - UUC Motor Mount Stud[/ame]

Thanks to Luke for hooking me up with the Gen 2 UUC mounts. I'm shipping the old ones back to you by the end of the week.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: UUC Motor Mounts Version 2

Great info, Thanks.

YoshiV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Nice, I really want these but my stockers aren't broken yet. This mount kit and ridding myself of the dual mass turd are my two must haves for my V. Headers and a Corsa cat back are on my dream list. I know...I'm cheap, most guys have a ton more. But I like the car the way it is and am lucky if I get a couple of road course events in per year.

Sublime69 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

How long is the install on these? Do you need to drop the cats to change the mounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime69 View Post
    How long is the install on these? Do you need to drop the cats to change the mounts?
    I don't know what the shop calls for, but it took me about 3 hours. Majority of the time was spent getting the bolts on the block side mounts to line up, and lowering/raising the jack and getting one started, and so on. I had an impact wrench this time around, geesh does that make things easier.

I think Ewill @ Linsday does this w/o taking the cats off, but I would highly recommend taking them off and making it easier on yourself. Plus it gives you an excuse to put headers on instead of the stock manifolds/cats

moabxj01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

How much are just the motor mounts?

vegasVowner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Hey Ewil, if possible, could you say how many lbr/hrs MM install is at your shop? I got quoted and ungodly amount here for all poly install.

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Good info and pics, KUDOS for this.

I am getting ready to crawl under my V and do some motor mount replacing (got gen2 pair sitting in a box).

I am just on the edge of ordering a clutch, flywheel and axles too.

Why, I have no idea other then I am a mod junkie.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Good info and pics, KUDOS for this.

I am getting ready to crawl under my V and do some motor mount replacing (got gen2 pair sitting in a box).

I am just on the edge of ordering a clutch, flywheel and axles too.

Why, I have no idea other then I am a mod junkie.
    Do the clutch/fw at the same time as the MM's. Alot easier to move the engine around while the trans is off it. Axles are pretty easy to do, and those could be done at anytime really. Just make sure your jackstands are waaaaay up there. The trans came out with enough room pretty easily, but almost didn't clear the frame rails

All I know is I am SO not doing a motor mount swap a THIRD time. If these Gen II's break, UUC's paying for someone else to put new ones in.

Oh, and that 12 point hex stud connected to the bottom of the mount (has a 21 mm nut on it, and you get to it from underneath the car) I used a 8mm socket.

Lindsay Cadillac Parts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): All of them

Quote Originally Posted by moabxj01 View Post
    How much are just the motor mounts?
    engine mounts are $270.00 (pair) and the trans mount is $115.00
    Luke Butler
    703-647-8670
    lbutler@lindsaycadillac.com

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

Yeah, I just changed mine too. It sucked getting the old MM off when the stud spins too. I hate changing these things, but I do have down to 2.5 hrs per side including changing the front brakes.

ak ctsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member

You can change the MM with the cats in the car, but be ready for a fight. I did it in about 3hrs too. I unbolted the upper and lower bracket on the MM while it was in between the motor and frame and then rotated the bracket and unbolted the lower bracket. Removed it from car, then rotated and removed the upper bracket, removed it along with the MM. I installed the Creative Steel MM instead of the UUC. I do like how the UUC mounts have the line up dowels to match the upper and lower brackets. I had to tighten the upper MM bolt, install the upper bracket with MM bolted to it and then install the lower brackets leaving the bolt loose till I got the whole thing bolted down and sitting on the motor mounts and then tighten the lower MM Bolts.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I think labor is about 4.6-5 hours, I charge a bit more for headers because they have to come off.
    With OE exhaust it takes nothing for me to remove the cats and I do so because it makes it so much easier.

Hey LG, the studs go in the bottom holes and the cable conduits attach to the studs with the little black clips.
    I see on the back you have the stud on top and in one pic the cables are laying low.
    If you were my helper you'd owe me lunch!

My hands never get that dirty...

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post

Hey LG, the studs go in the bottom holes and the cable conduits attach to the studs with the little black clips.
    I see on the back you have the stud on top and in one pic the cables are laying low.
    If you were my helper you'd owe me lunch!
    Well one bolt out of two ain't bad. ha. The pic was taken before the clips were put back on, so they are on now. Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    My hands never get that dirty...
    Slacker!

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I wear gloves religeously, and I got even less dirty when I had helpers

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.