Not impressed with KARS III...so far.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Not impressed with KARS III...so far. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I will make this short and sweet. I purchased a KARS III kit from a member here. Currently missing the ...
    CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

Not impressed with KARS III...so far.

I will make this short and sweet.
    I purchased a KARS III kit from a member here. Currently missing the middle diff brace, but its on its way.

Not happy about getting ready to install and having the FN thing off by 5/8" on the driver side... who the F made this thing? were you drunk? Cut the driver (front bar) off and extend 5/8" was missing in the instructions I guess... NO HELL IN WAY this is worth 600 new.

Drag out the cutter/welder and fix someones shit work. (im just bitter... 1hour turns into 4)
    I have SEVERAL PICS to show this was brutally not lining up and plan to post on my own website.

Not happy by this point.
    I know i dont have the center diff brace in.. but I thought I read a few members removed to reduce noise and still had little to no wheel hop... ?? is this correct?

Well.. this kit as it stands so far.. at BEST... 50% better. but NO 90... no way.
    I drive my 99 Ram air hard, get in this cts-v, hop hop hop hop... 3K drop. I do admit.. the BANG BANG BANG is gone.. but HOP HOP HOP is there to stay.

Is there something I am missing? does this kit ONLY WORK with the center diff brace in place?

I am really not happy driving this car knowing... i cant boot it from a light, tip toe cause the jerks at GM had the janitors design the rear in this 1st gen.

Anyone want a 2005 cts-v redline with 19,500miles ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

mikedi57 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Not impressed with KARS III...so far.

change the motormounts

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Have a Kars III on mine with poly mounts and there is no hop...did you get the metal spacers with your kit to replace the cradle bushings? Those make a huge difference too.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Have a Kars III on mine with poly mounts and there is no hop...did you get the metal spacers with your kit to replace the cradle bushings? Those make a huge difference too.
    SkullV... do you have pictures of these metal spacers? I guess those were not in the kit either.
    Where did you purchase the poly mounts?

Just so I know... you achieved zero launch hop by,
    1. KARS III bar
    2. Polymounts for what specifically?
    3. metal spacers for the cradle bushing on each side?
    or

As for the motormounts? From UUC Lindsay cadillac im guessing?

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

IMO I don't really think there's a maket for the Kars III anymore. You eother get the axles (more $$$, no hop), or the specter bushings (cheap, little hop).
    I can do a second gear burnout with very little, or no hop.

The metal spacers Skull is talking about are for the cradle bushings.
    I doubt the diff brace would help with the hop.

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

I have the Kars III, Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from Creative Steel (MotorMounts here), 8 total metal cradle "bushings". I also have a Hendrix Econo-Axle on the way.

Sorry, no photo's of the spacers, but if you can't get them from whoever sold you the kit, go with the Specter Works bushings. They will not be as "solid" as these all metal spacers, but people seem to like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    IMO I don't really think there's a maket for the Kars III anymore. You eother get the axles (more $$$, no hop), or the specter bushings (cheap, little hop).
    I can do a second gear burnout with very little, or no hop.

The metal spacers Skull is talking about are for the cradle bushings.
    I doubt the diff brace would help with the hop.

Tony
    The diff brace definitely helps with the hop because it does not let the diff itself jump around as much.

sigh...

so giving my situation.
    1. Get some motormounts... such as some from Lindsay Cadillac?

2. Hope I get that center diff brace

3. Purchase some Specter Werkes bushing?

Do the Specter Werkes work with the KARS III kit?

I would get motor mounts from Creative Steel (MotorMounts is their username here) for $160 its MUCH cheaper then the UUC stuff. The specter Werks bushings will work fine with the Kars III kit.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVmapper View Post
    sigh...

so giving my situation.
    1. Get some motormounts... such as some from Lindsay Cadillac?

2. Hope I get that center diff brace

3. Purchase some Specter Werkes bushing?

Do the Specter Werkes work with the KARS III kit?
    1.UUC stands behind their product not saying Creative Steel doesnt but UUC has proved it.

2. Its shipped they lost it in the mass of clutter in their office. I got it sent today. Send you tracking later.

3. Spectre Burshings will work but either you or me can have the spacers cut from SS exhaust tubing. There is a thread somewhere that shows them. I'll try and find it if u want. It shows height and diameter of the pieces. I can have them cut and sent to you or u can visit your local shop and get it done for next to nothing. just let me know what u want to do. The spacers transfer more noise but the spectre bushings cost more... let me know what u want to do.

Just if any are wondering HOW OFF this KARS III kit was...
    We cut it... bolted both sides in, and welded a solid piece in place where the nice space was... 5/8" ! thats not a TAD off...
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    1.UUC stands behind their product not saying Creative Steel doesnt but UUC has proved it.

2. Its shipped they lost it in the mass of clutter in their office. I got it sent today. Send you tracking later.

3. Spectre Burshings will work but either you or me can have the spacers cut from SS exhaust tubing. There is a thread somewhere that shows them. I'll try and find it if u want. It shows height and diameter of the pieces. I can have them cut and sent to you or u can visit your local shop and get it done for next to nothing. just let me know what u want to do. The spacers transfer more noise but the spectre bushings cost more... let me know what u want to do.

If I can find or get the height and diameter needed to make this, I will enjoy every moment of making them, if it helps eliminate this dam wheel hop.
    I can get a local shop to do it, that is fine.

Just spent almost an hour looking for this when I realized that it was in my bookmarks.......http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-bushings.html.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    I have the Kars III, Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from Creative Steel (MotorMounts here), 8 total metal cradle "bushings". I also have a Hendrix Econo-Axle on the way.

Sorry, no photo's of the spacers, but if you can't get them from whoever sold you the kit, go with the Specter Works bushings. They will not be as "solid" as these all metal spacers, but people seem to like them.
    randy has a pic of the set as 6. Just want to see which is right.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    randy has a pic of the set as 6. Just want to see which is right.
    It is 8. Just did the install....think about it, 4 cradle mounting points, 2 bushings per point.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.