Not impressed with KARS III...so far. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Not impressed with KARS III...so far. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSVmapper Just if any are wondering HOW OFF this KARS III kit was... We cut it... bolted ...
    tweeter81 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Not impressed with KARS III...so far.

Quote Originally Posted by CTSVmapper View Post
    Just if any are wondering HOW OFF this KARS III kit was...
    We cut it... bolted both sides in, and welded a solid piece in place where the nice space was... 5/8" ! thats not a TAD off...
    I had a shop install mine and they said it was off by almost 3/4" on both sides. So if you tried to bolt it up to one side, it would be 1.5" on the other, that ridiculous!!! I have a lot of heartburn about this Kit, and like I said before, it works great in most conditions, but it is not worth the headache.

If we could get enough people together maybe we could try and get some money back to cover the costs of modifying the bar, JUST TO MAKE IT BOLT ON THE CAR (and I know this is very unlikely, I am just venting). I spent an extra $300-$500 (over what it should have cost to install) at the shop trying to get the bar modified to actually fit.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post
    I had a shop install mine and they said it was off by almost 3/4" on both sides. So if you tried to bolt it up to one side, it would be 1.5" on the other, that ridiculous!!! I have a lot of heartburn about this Kit, and like I said before, it works great in most conditions, but it is not worth the headache.

If we could get enough people together maybe we could try and get some money back to cover the costs of modifying the bar, JUST TO MAKE IT BOLT ON THE CAR (and I know this is very unlikely, I am just venting). I spent an extra $300-$500 (over what it should have cost to install) at the shop trying to get the bar modified to actually fit.
    Like I said I just had to use a prybar to persuade my holes to all line up. I guess either it will all be fine and last, or something on the bar will bend/break and I'll weld it back up where it's supposed to be. Mabe 1/4" off on the mounting holes max.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Mine was close to an inch off. I just sliced it and bolted it up, then rewelded. Problem solved. Maybe 20 min extra work.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

so randy posted 3 sets of measurements for 6 of the spacers what is the rest?

CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    Mine was close to an inch off. I just sliced it and bolted it up, then rewelded. Problem solved. Maybe 20 min extra work.
    True.. the actual extra work was shorter than waiting for the coating to dry...
    but all our equipment was set up for aluminum work, not dragging out to the driveway... the clock ticks.
    WOW... an Inch off... like, you should be able to see that much off making the thing... someone was very lazy making these.

Why did I not see any postings of this sort prior?
    Guess more front end research is needed for anything with this car...

I was debating to take Red Durometer-95 RODS and coring them...to fit
    or just be lazy and buy specter werks. hmm...
    I dont suppose there is any group purchase or someone selling the Specter spacers for less than 250US?

CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

ON THE CAR (and I know this is very unlikely, I am just venting). I spent an extra $300-$500 (over what it should have cost to install) at the shop trying to get the bar modified to actually fit.[/QUOTE]

That was the first thing that came to my mind when dragging everything out...
    I feel bad for you and everyone else loosing 100's because of this.

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

I have the Kars III and I have no wheel hop. I added the MM and rear diff bushing after that (both were very bad). I removed the diff brkt on the Kars III, alittle loud for me, but still no wheel hop. Mine was off by 1/2 inch. I wonder if your KARS got bent during shipping or warpage after welding???? Anyways, I like mine...might try the cheaper axles down the road.

If someone pms me I can send the factory tab bushings to you. The measurements should be the same.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

So is this Stuckey's KARS kit? Did it fit on your V but not on Mapper's V? I'm just wondering incase I ever sell mine or something and get axles.

Quote Originally Posted by Den_93 View Post
    I have the Kars III and I have no wheel hop. I added the MM and rear diff bushing after that (both were very bad). I removed the diff brkt on the Kars III, alittle loud for me, but still no wheel hop. Mine was off by 1/2 inch. I wonder if your KARS got bent during shipping or warpage after welding???? Anyways, I like mine...might try the cheaper axles down the road.

Same goes for me. Mine works great. I had Lindsay throw mine on when I got my new 07 diff under warranty. I guess it depends on the car.

kpc01 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by tweeter81 View Post

Mine was very far off too. the people helping me install it couldn't believe I paid so much for it. I thought it was me but I'm guessing not now. we got it all on there but haven't had time to give it a good test. regardless I think they are worth about half what I paid and the install is not all too great either. I was able to do the prybar too but we had to pry like crazy, and now I'm concerned some of the stuff could be tweaked a little since we had to pry so much....oh well you live and learn.

where was this thread 4 months ago!!!

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Yes it was my kit. I never even took it out of the box after I purchased it. So can someone help me and mapper out and get some measurements on the spacers? Skull I'll paypal you the shipping cost of the bushings to mapper. I guess he'll either read this or I'll pm him to get in touch with you about his.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    Yes it was my kit. I never even took it out of the box after I purchased it. So can someone help me and mapper out and get some measurements on the spacers? Skull I'll paypal you the shipping cost of the bushings to mapper. I guess he'll either read this or I'll pm him to get in touch with you about his.
    Good deal, they can ship tomorrow if I have an address.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

My original KARS kit was off, too. Had to file a darn hole for 30 minutes to elongate it to get a bolt into the far driver's side mount.

And, yeah, I just sold my kit and included only six of the bushing spacers since that's all I ever got. Never installed them, but left my Specter Werkes bushings in instead, so never realized anything was missing.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    so randy posted 3 sets of measurements for 6 of the spacers what is the rest?
    Yeah that. I'd like to let the guy who bought mine know what the size of the other two pieces are at the very least.

Any body have 'em sitting right there and can take five minutes and post up measurements of them?
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

It sucks to see so many people are having trouble with their kits. It sucks that you spent so much $ on them and they don't even fit. It also sucks for Doug since so many peopel copied his product, then didn't make them correctly and still use his name he gave it. I love my kit, never said it was a full on fix, but I don't try to sit there and do a burn out. The OP has a TA, and that should be fine to do burnouts, but for about 5 years, it has been known you can't really or shouldn't want to do it in the V. Those with glass diffs shouldnt do burnouts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.