Cadillac Owners Forum banner
4K views 40 replies 23 participants last post by  StealthV 
#1 ·
Billy Boat Performance Exhaust, known for our exclusive line of high-end exhaust products, is currently looking at developing an exhaust system for the Cadillac CTS V-Series and would like feedback from forum members!!

As with all our exhaust products, the system would be backed by our Limited Lifetime Warranty and would include mandrel bending, T-304 stainless steel tubing, and fully-polished mufflers.

How much interest would there be for a system for this vehicle? Please post your questions/comments here or email direct!

We appreciate your support!

Sincerely,
Kelli Willmore
kelli@bbexhaust.com

#2 ·
I would be interested if:

1. It was not $1000... should be 5-700 range max
2. It had no highway drone
3. Improved flow over stock
4. Was not necessarily louder, but just increased flow
5. Looked good (no stupid tips)

Reed
http://www.cadillacfaq.com

#6 ·
A hair louder as stock is too quiet. Most important thing, B&B would actually have it available in a resonable amount of time. We've been waiting forever for that other brand to have theirs available. Build it and they will come.

#7 ·
What would be the preferred tip? You can only fit a single tip on each side without cutting the bumper, so would most be willing to cut in order to fit a quad tip? We currently build a system for the 3.6 CTS with a single tip on each side- check it out at bbexhaust.com

You can also check out the quad tip for the 3.2. The black one on the site is my personal car.

We have worked extensively to eliminate the drone on the 3.6, so I don't think sound on the V-Series would be an issue. I would be sure it sounded good and made power before it left.

If I had the demand I would do an internet only group purchase that would be less than $900.00.

Billy Boat

#8 ·
bbexhausts said:
What would be the preferred tip? You can only fit a single tip on each side without cutting the bumper, so would most be willing to cut in order to fit a quad tip? We currently build a system for the 3.6 CTS with a single tip on each side- check it out at bbexhaust.com

You can also check out the quad tip for the 3.2. The black one on the site is my personal car.

We have worked extensively to eliminate the drone on the 3.6, so I don't think sound on the V-Series would be an issue. I would be sure it sounded good and made power before it left.

If I had the demand I would do an internet only group purchase that would be less than $900.00.

Billy Boat
I'd be interested, but I wouldn't want a system that required any cutting.

#10 ·
Due to the design of the V rear bumper, it would take some major cutting to get in quad tips which would be a big no-no for me.

Thinking something along the line of the C5 Bullets would sound good on a V. A little more of a "refined" sound.

#15 ·
StealthV said:
You guys need the "+ 2 cylinders" mod for your 3.6's, not exhaust systems. :)

Back to the V exhaust, no resonance at cruise (55-80 mph).
what about the vortech huffer?

#17 ·
Billy,
First I have to thank you for 6 years of the best exhaust system I could have ever installed on my Trans Am:

I am not a CTS-V owner but will likely add one to the stable this October, so in that regard my voice might be a little more muted than the actual owners here. I agree with all the points above and actually the reason I bought a B&B for my TA is because it wasn't horribly loud, rather it gave a deep throaty tone to my car, and the tips are the best available.

At any rate, for the CTS-V I really am not a fan of the Yellow car you have on your site as the tips look rather small and I'm not sure a square tip would look good in the circular cut out. What I would like to see is an Oval slash cut with a dual wall rolled tip.

All,
After 100,000 miles on a B&B system, not only am I a happy customer, B&B will likely be my first choice for my next car.

-Adam, Happy Customer.

#18 ·
GTS21 said:
I'd be interested, but I wouldn't want a system that required any cutting.
FWIW I did have to cut my TA's rear valence in order to get the Quad tips to fit. B&B actually recomends the single tips for that reason. That said it was really easy, and you can only tell the rear has been cut if you have my car and a stock one both on a lift and under tight scruitiny. :shhh:

#20 ·
I've heard good things about BBexhaust. I like the 4" round double wall tips (single of course) If you can make this exhaust on a timely manner and has the all the above mentioned and it makes power I'm in!! I'm tired of waiting. I've never owned a car this long without having installed an exhaust system. I think all the manufacturers are slow dancing. I know I'm not the only itching....

#22 ·
I've got B&B from the cats back on my Z06 and I love'em.

I would be very interested in a group purchase without quad tips. I do like the way the tips look on my Z. Same thing without the quad.

#23 ·
I like everyone else am interested in an exhaust upgrade too but I would like the most bang for my buck.I don't want to sacrifice too much sound in the cab either. I saw a thread with dyno sheets and all about a STS that only added a set of Borla's and did a little Y-Pipe fabrication at his local exhaust shop and picked up 8 HP for around $350. So if this can be acheived for such a low dollar amount I need to be shown why I or anyone should spend $1000 or better for only 4 HP more.
-Sean

#24 ·
bryce3 said:
I like everyone else am interested in an exhaust upgrade too but I would like the most bang for my buck.I don't want to sacrifice too much sound in the cab either. I saw a thread with dyno sheets and all about a STS that only added a set of Borla's and did a little Y-Pipe fabrication at his local exhaust shop and picked up 8 HP for around $350. So if this can be acheived for such a low dollar amount I need to be shown why I or anyone should spend $1000 or better for only 4 HP more.
-Sean
Because a modification is only as good as it's most restricitve part. A nice Exahaust system shows gains, not just on stock application but also increasing gains as you move to other mods to increase the engine's breathing. From as simple as an intake to as complex as a Twin Turbo 427, Air in is only as good as air out. That 4 RWHP gain may only be 4 RWHP on a stock car, but once you add a Cam, Heads and Intake, the Exhaust could be as much as 20 RWHP of the final number. On my nitrous Dynos I saw 8 RWHP adding the B&B, but on the Juice the B&B was responsible for a 20 RWHP gain. This is through the cats too!

Finally keep in mind that it's area under the curve that matters. 4-8 RWHP across the board is much better and more noticeable than 20 RWHP at peak.

B&B does not make a "economy" brand exhaust. I've run both a $300 Cat-Back and $700 B&B. What's different? Why does it cost more? For one the quality of the welds, bends, hangers and flanges both make it easier to install, and keep the system looking good 100K miles later. At 100,000 miles my B&B looks like my old Flowmaster system did at 1,000 miles. And thats living on a beach in salty air. Pay now or pay later, it was well worth the ~$400 extra I paid and 6 years later I still get compliments on how good it looks on the car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.