Time for a clutch...What path would you go? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Time for a clutch...What path would you go? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct which stage and which fly ? 2.5 and 15lb...
    whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    which stage and which fly ?

2.5 and 15lb

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Re: Time for a clutch...What path would you go?

which stage and which fly ?
    He posted a review thread on everything just so you know.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    He posted a review thread on everything just so you know.
    ya i read it, but there so many people on here I cant keep track of who is who.

4 people recomend monster and hes the only one to give any info, i was just curious what setups the others are running to as far as stage any fly.

ya i read it, but there so many people on here I cant keep track of who is who.

4 people recomend monster and hes the only one to give any info, i was just curious what setups the others are running to as far as stage any fly.
    I am the first to run a Monster Clutch in a V. I know others have bought them, but not sure how many or if they have installed them.

As far as I know, Monster is the only aftermarket company to offer a complete set up for us. Clutch, pressure plate, flywheel, slave cylinder (that actually fits) ect.

I know Hendrix is working on one. Not sure where he is at with it. I think VooDoo is the one trying it out now.

Claimslngr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' cts-v infrared

I cannot help you with your question for a few weeks yet until my car is back up and running again. I ordered one of their units after a couple of conversations with Matt at Monster. If you call and talk to most of our vendors they are very helpful and will spend some time explaining their product and the virtues.

Good luck on your choice!

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

to all the guys that recomended monster clutches?

The monster seems good but they have had some issues, and for some reason all the F-body guys has problems with the master cylinder after install the monster kit, but guys just modified the stock one and they are fine with it. ( I personly dont want to deal with that crap)

The spec kit from what ive read just dont last, but you can get a stage 2 with steel fly for 615$

and the Ls7 kit seems like a awsome deal, but only if your making stockish power.

Still learning more about the hendrix kit but i like everything ive heard about his company so far.

The problem with Monster and the F-body's was an isolated problem and they got that all corrected. All the customers were tracked down and taken care of very quickly.

Another plus for Monster is they use billet flywheels that are made in the good ole USA !

Search and read, there are several reviews out there on the clutch companies.

Thanks
    Chris

SoJersey05V is offline Banned

if you want no worries or guess work... my vote would be for MONSTER!!!

I pm'ed hendrix on both forums asking about pricing and info on his kit and didnt get any response.

I dont think he has them ready to go out for sale yet or hes just busy ?

I like the idea of his setup better with the use of the stock ls7 Pressure plate.

But i might just go with the monster kit....

Those that have the monster did you have to replace your master cylinder as well or make it into a adjustable one ?

I pm'ed hendrix on both forums asking about pricing and info on his kit and didnt get any response.

I dont think he has them ready to go out for sale yet or hes just busy ?

I like the idea of his setup better with the use of the stock ls7 Pressure plate.

But i might just go with the monster kit....

Those that have the monster did you have to replace your master cylinder as well or make it into a adjustable one ?
    dont think they are ready for sale because the 2 he sent out... were both different and havent been installed yet to know what else they will need to make the puzzle complete...

Why do you like the LS7 pressure plate so much? Monster's pressure plate is superior to that of the LS7.

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Thanks for all the great feedback fellas. Who is a supported vendor on here that sells monster? I am also going to contact Hendrix and see what there deal is. I like there enthusiasm to support our cars, might as well see what there are about Much appreciated guys.

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Monster is a vendor on here.

Here is a recent thread by them on the Monster clutches

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ons-enter.html

I am also a monster dealer but you can call them direct.

Thanks
    Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    Thanks for all the great feedback fellas. Who is a supported vendor on here that sells monster? I am also going to contact Hendrix and see what there deal is. I like there enthusiasm to support our cars, might as well see what there are about Much appreciated guys.

let me know what hendrix tells you, i always forget to call/dont have time..

I like the Ls7 pressure plate idea because its made to engage smooth and handle the 500 hp Ls7 motor. That with a slightly upgraded disk would be perfect for extra power and smooth engagement.

G.M. test its products through thousands of miles, while aftermarket companies test for about 1k and then put the thing out for sale and hope it sells .

(not saying some dont test more, thats just the general idea of aftermarket companies.)

Im still keeping the moneter kit in mind, just want to know all the options....

let me know what hendrix tells you, i always forget to call/dont have time..

I like the ls7 pressure plate idea because its made to engage smooth and handle the 500 hp ls7 motor. That with a slightly upgraded disk would be perfect for extra power and smooth engagement.

G.m. Test its products through thousands of miles, while aftermarket companies test for about 1k and then put the thing out for sale and hope it sells .

(not saying some dont test more, thats just the general idea of aftermarket companies.)

im still keeping the moneter kit in mind, just want to know all the options....
    500hp on a 3000lb car.......

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.