LS2 Steath V & lingenfelter intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS2 Steath V & lingenfelter intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Wasn't going to buy a CAI so soon but just purchased a used one with a stealth V intake tube. ...
    tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

LS2 Steath V & lingenfelter intake

Wasn't going to buy a CAI so soon but just purchased a used one with a stealth V intake tube.
    Seeing as there isn't many options for us LS2 guys if you want to replace the tube also, aside from the new 400.00 K&N CAI, I figured I'd post this one up.

I used a 3/8" brass elbow purchased from a part store(Part Source), some 3/8" tubing, and some rubber form-a-gasket, for the valve cover vent hose.
    Just drilled a 3/8" hole in the side of the rubber elbow before the TB, I didn't reem it out much so the threaded side of the brass elbow would make a snug fit. I put some form-a-gasket on the threads and screwed it in. Then I put some more form-a-gasket around the outside of the brass elbow, just to make sure it had an air tight seal. I didn't put a nut on the inside of the rubber elbow on the brass fitting. It's secure enough for one, plus if the nut ever got loose, and came off I could only imagine the damage if it got sucked into the intake. I then used the 3/8" rubber hi temp line to replace the OEM line that went from the intake to the valve cover vent.
    I had some heat reflective tape and wrapped the aluminum intake duct, might not look as pretty, but should keep the air cooler.

I kind of don't like the fact that the valve covers vent into the intake, maybe there's a way to just put filters on the cover lines and plug the intake lines all together, not sure if it would trip a CEL, but I don't really see why the valve cover vents would need a vaccum line. Maybe someone can enlighten me?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Re: LS2 Steath V & lingenfelter intake

I kind of like the strut bar! Doubt it would fit over the maggie but were did you get that?

jedhead is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V

By creating a vacumn in the crankcase the pistons are able to move down with less resistance thus increasing power. Old time racers used to hook up a hidden vacumn pump to increase power. Yamaha used the same trick on the SHO engines. Some of the guys who supercharged thier SHO engines added a catch can to reduce the amount of oil going into the intake.

Bob

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    I kind of like the strut bar! Doubt it would fit over the maggie but were did you get that?
    I bought it off someone parting out when they sold their CTS. They are uber rare, once sold by Vouge and I believe made by Lund when the CTS was first introduced. As far as I know they are no longer being produced and haven't been for sometime. I hope it clears a maggie when I go that route. If not I'll be trading for an LS2 brace that does, seeing as I just sold mine to someone with a maggie.

Quote Originally Posted by jedhead View Post
    By creating a vacumn in the crankcase the pistons are able to move down with less resistance thus increasing power. Old time racers used to hook up a hidden vacumn pump to increase power. Yamaha used the same trick on the SHO engines. Some of the guys who supercharged thier SHO engines added a catch can to reduce the amount of oil going into the intake.

Bob
    Good learning, already have one catch can for crank case vapours. Not sure how much oil comes from the valve cover vents, maybe thats where people hook up their second catch can when they supercharge?

crankedupforit is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS V 07 ESCALADE

A few shots of the same set up on a LS6. I just picked this up from Dee Dub who has joined the Maggie ranks. I see you like the same clamps I do. I'm not crazy about how close the pipe is to the pulley. Other than that this thing can be a bear to line up. The center pipe does get pretty hot. I see you taped yours. My ass dyno says there is a slight improvement in power.

PS. I see you kinked your filter just like I did.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.