Magnaflow Mufflers
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Magnaflow Mufflers in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hi: Another newbie here with a lot of the same type questions, but I need help tonight. Looking at installing ...
    vinofyl is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS V

Magnaflow Mufflers

Hi: Another newbie here with a lot of the same type questions, but I need help tonight. Looking at installing just the Magnaflow mufflers without going the whole cat-back setup. My question is two-fold: will I get drone or reverberation with this setup?; and is there any reason I should pay more for the whole catback system? Just for background, I'm a former Corvette guy who ran Corsa because of the drone problem with other exhausts. Can anybody out there give me an opinion?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Re: Magnaflow Mufflers

I have a Magnaflow cat back. No drone. I would at least buy the x pipe to go with the mufflers if thats the route you go. Some guys here have done this and been very satisfied.

With hottexhaust.com selling the cat back for a little over $600 bucks as well as some other vendors I really don't see why you wouldnt spend a few extra hundred and keep your stock system intact.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

i've already hacked mine up with the cutouts so i've contemplated welding on just magnaflow mufflers to my stock exhaust as well, mostly because the tips are a hundred times better than the stockers and it would sound tame yet much better when i didn't want to be obnoxious.... i had the full magnaflow catback system on my car for about a week last year and ended up selling it as it wasn't loud enough for me and i missed my cutouts :/

Thanks for the feedback. I installed just the mufflers and tips and I'm very happy with the results. There is a little drone at low RPM's, guess I'll just have to keep her revved up.

Natedog is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS-V Series

glad to hear you like it... which mufflers did you go with (model #)? any pics or video?? thanks !

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

i just did the magnaflows on the stock exhaust, I think it sounds good. The drone is a constant reminder of what is lurking behind the go pedal

For NATEDOG: Sorry, I didn't get the part #. The shop said that the 14" was the one that fit best without showing a lot of muffler. Then I had them put on the 4" diameter tips, which IMHO look and sound good. Some day I'll learn how to load pictures into a thread.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
    i've already hacked mine up with the cutouts so i've contemplated welding on just magnaflow mufflers to my stock exhaust as well, mostly because the tips are a hundred times better than the stockers and it would sound tame yet much better when i didn't want to be obnoxious.... i had the full magnaflow catback system on my car for about a week last year and ended up selling it as it wasn't loud enough for me and i missed my cutouts :/
    If I already had cutouts I would just add the magnaflow tips to keep that quiet sound when I wanted it.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I guess this belongs here too....
    my 2004 LS6, xpipe, K&N CAI, W4M chip, stock exhaust manifolds with magnaflow 4" round #10416 mufflers
    I like it....especially on start up...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luS_wFnpAjQ"]YouTube - 2004 LS6 CTSV exhaust sound exterior) with Xpipe and magnaflow 4" #10416[/ame]

Jbawden is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS Vsport

I did the magnaflow mufflers with the stock pipes. I also replaced the stock resonator with a 2-in 2-out magnaflow resonator with built in X-pipe. In my subjective opinion I think it sounds great. I don't want my car to sound like a racecar and I've accomplished that. As a side bar, has anyone looked inside the stock resonator? It has a built-in X-pipe already, but that is probably common knowledge for the old timers. I found some posts back in 2003 where folks where speculating on this new super car, funny stuff. Some of you have been here a long time!

smokisnshellz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    i just did the magnaflows on the stock exhaust, I think it sounds good. The drone is a constant reminder of what is lurking behind the go pedal
    Are you running an x pipe

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

no, I am stock all the way back to the cans

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.