Hendrix econo axle hand delievered - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix econo axle hand delievered in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I would have had it installed and something broken by now....
    wgbanks is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix econo axle hand delievered

I would have had it installed and something broken by now.

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

smoothmarine187 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wgbanks View Post
    I would have had it installed and something broken by now.
    No kidding, what is taking this guy so long. I would have been up all night wrenching so I could try it out the very next morning.

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by smoothmarine187 View Post
    No kidding, what is taking this guy so long. I would have been up all night wrenching so I could try it out the very next morning.
    or that night...

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hopefully he has a full write-up ready to post....

BUT if not...

It is kind of ridiculous honestly that on a labor day weekend this guy couldn't get this axle installed and have some test results out. I know he's going to come in here with some sort of excuse that I'm a troll and that he was busy with his family on labor day, but the fact remains that he got a free axle and should have gone out of his way to get it in for Thomas and the V community.

malfeas99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Man you guys need to calm down.

I actually took the axle right from HE down to the shop that a friend of mine works at, where I'd gone through the first round of attempted installation. I got there and they'd cleared the shop out and were repainting the floor, so.. you know what they say, s**t happens.

I did manage to get up there yesterday, however, and had a painless and flawless installation. FYI if you have even a remote chance of getting access to a lift or air tools it makes this job a complete doddle.. half hour start to finish. Course I'd had the axles out before so it was that much easier. No extra bolt tightening or any of that nonsense necessary with these, like on the beefier $$$ axles.

I haven't had an opportunity to full shakedown tests but so far, what others have said about the other much more expensive axles goes for this one as well: on part throttle launches (2500 or so) you can still hear some hop. Keep in mind, I said HEAR, not feel. The difference even with a bit of stuttering contact patch is huge.. the axle keeps everything down in the drivetrain and you don't feel much if anything in the cabin.

I also had a chance to do a short 4000+ rpm launch or two after the axle was installed, and while I haven't had an opportunity to run it completely through the gears and do a full rip-roaring flat-shifting stampede down some asphalt yet, the short launches I did do had absolutely 0 hop.. just the sweet sound of leaving straight, long stripes of money down on the road.

Hope that helps for now. Any other questions or requests?

kirchbed is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Fo-shizzle!

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Hopefully he has a full write-up ready to post....

BUT if not...

It is kind of ridiculous honestly that on a labor day weekend this guy couldn't get this axle installed and have some test results out. I know he's going to come in here with some sort of excuse that I'm a troll and that he was busy with his family on labor day, but the fact remains that he got a free axle and should have gone out of his way to get it in for Thomas and the V community.
    It's funny you would phrase it like this, because about 90% of the posts I've seen from you have been nothing but uncivil, disrespectful, inflammatory, and lacking of any substance towards both Thomas and the V community.

Read my above post regarding the install, and see if you can behave like a real grown-up human being from here on out. I wash my hands of you.

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas99 View Post
    It's funny you would phrase it like this, because about 90% of the posts I've seen from you have been nothing but uncivil, disrespectful, inflammatory, and lacking of any substance towards both Thomas and the V community.

Read my above post regarding the install, and see if you can behave like a real grown-up human being from here on out. I wash my hands of you.
    Other then admittedly being somewhat disrespectful to you (welcome to cadillacforums), I have not been disrespectful to anyone else and especially not Thomas. I have heard things, everyone has heard things, but I kept my mouth shut and will continue to do so. In fact if you finish the testing and everything goes well I'll call him tomorrow and order an axle.

I also want to say that when I was giving people crap for not taking the axles to the drag strip it wasn't to be an ass, it was to try and light a fire under someones rear end to go out and do it. Also when i was giving you crap to get this thing installed and tested quickly it wasn't trying to be an ass, it was to light a fire under your rear end to get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Other then admittedly being somewhat disrespectful to you (welcome to cadillacforums), I have not been disrespectful to anyone else and especially not Thomas. I have heard things, everyone has heard things, but I kept my mouth shut and will continue to do so. In fact if you finish the testing and everything goes well I'll call him tomorrow and order an axle.
    What does that even mean, welcome to cadillacforums? Like that's somehow an excuse? Did you mean 'welcome to cadillacforums, I'm 9 years old', or 'welcome to cadillacforums, I've had a radical frontal lobotomy and am emotionally and socially handicapped?' Nobody in any medium at any time is better served by treating others with disrespect. Without our civility we are just animals.. and animals can't drive cars, that would be ridiculous.

Owning a Cadillac is supposed to usher one in to a world of gentlemen. Let's all give a shot, shall we?

What does that even mean, welcome to cadillacforums? Like that's somehow an excuse? Did you mean 'welcome to cadillacforums, I'm 9 years old', or 'welcome to cadillacforums, I've had a radical frontal lobotomy and am emotionally and socially handicapped?' Nobody in any medium at any time is better served by treating others with disrespect. Without our civility we are just animals.. and animals can't drive cars, that would be ridiculous.

Owning a Cadillac is supposed to usher one in to a world of gentlemen. Let's all give a shot, shall we?

No, what that meant is that people on here can be sarcastic at times, and being an internet forum where emotion, body language, and voice intonation are not able to be portrayed, things can come off differently then they are meant. Once again, there was no true disrespect meant to you, it was all sarcasm. I'm glad you got the axle in, and just like everyone else I am looking forward to the results.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Chill out...its the INTERNET.

jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

Seriously.... You should probably read more posts.

HartmanV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V

So are these ready to order?

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by HartmanV View Post
    So are these ready to order?
    We have enuf parts made to do 150 or so,i will not release these until i feel 100% that they are worth the Hendrix-Engineering name.We are one of the very few companys that TEST there stuff before it goes to market,we should have an answer one way or the other by the end of next week

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.