anyone running the K-sport coilovers ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, anyone running the K-sport coilovers ? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; just wondering if anyone is running these because im looking to decide between the kw's and the k-sports....
    lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

anyone running the K-sport coilovers ?

just wondering if anyone is running these because im looking to decide between the kw's and the k-sports.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: anyone running the K-sport coilovers ?

Havent read much about k-sports. But I noticed they cost 1/2 of what kw's cost.

On a side note , the cts and ctsv suspension parts are the same correct ?

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

I was considering the K=sports for a long time until I spoke with someone on this forum about them. i don't want to say who they are on here, but I'm sure they will chime in. Anyway the k-sports were more problematic then they were worth and he ended up ditching them for some lowering springs and QA1s. The K-sports will also not work with aftermarket rear sway bars.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quality shocks will cost more than the K-sports. That tells me they don't use quality dampers if you get those and the coilover hardware...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Quality shocks will cost more than the K-sports. That tells me they don't use quality dampers if you get those and the coilover hardware...
    you have a really good point

i agree with the bigjim.

These will not perform well. If your looking to upgrade handling these dont seem like a good idea.

If you just want the ability to go low, then these would do the trick .

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I would like to hear from someone who has them before we damn them as a bad product. In theory a set of gc's cost less then or close to the cost of normal springs/lowering springs even though they include adjustable perches and what not. doesnt make then low quality.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I would like to hear from someone who has them before we damn them as a bad product. In theory a set of gc's cost less then or close to the cost of normal springs/lowering springs even though they include adjustable perches and what not. doesnt make then low quality.
    I thought ground controls were low quality ?

But just from what ive heard about k-sport coilovers on other cars I wouldnt buy them unless they were free or super dirt cheap.. alot of ppl on my old maxima forum had strut failure just about 4-5k. But could be because ppl went to low. Not sure.

someone buy them and let us know.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    Actually, you pay a pretty hefty premium for the GC hardware. Replacement springs are about $240 for all 4. So it's $200-260 more for the collars and perches. Not exactly cheap.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

yeah, I researching Ksport/D2 coilovers and KW and QA1....there are some posts on this topic...
    I ended up doing...nothing......
    ....$1k on Ksport +$600 labor or $2k on KW + $600 labor or $1 on Qa1 + $400 labor
    .........I looked for anyone in the Dallas area who had them found no one. I did not want to spend anything like that BEFORE I feel the quality of the ride....
    the KW I HEARD is a BIG improvement..... but still I had no "butt" time....
    so I wait too....

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    yeah, I researching Ksport/D2 coilovers and KW and QA1....there are some posts on this topic...
    I ended up doing...nothing......
    ....$1k on Ksport +$600 labor or $2k on KW + $600 labor or $1 on Qa1 + $400 labor
    .........I looked for anyone in the Dallas area who had them found no one. I did not want to spend anything like that BEFORE I feel the quality of the ride....
    the KW I HEARD is a BIG improvement..... but still I had no "butt" time....
    so I wait too....

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

Try to research on how ppl like them on other cars, I know k sport makes coilovers for just about everything.. It will at least give you a idea since no one has them on a V.

my buddy mike with a stealth grey V has the KW coilovers and its like night and day from my stock V the handling is not even comparable to stock. Alot better ride in my opinion, i wanted to know if there were any good results from the k-sports cause they are pretty cheap, but i guess u get what you pay for

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    my buddy mike with a stealth grey V has the KW coilovers and its like night and day from my stock V the handling is not even comparable to stock. Alot better ride in my opinion, i wanted to know if there were any good results from the k-sports cause they are pretty cheap, but i guess u get what you pay for

sometimes you get what you paid for, but I noticed some stuff is over priced cause of the "cadi tax"

whihc means since you have a cadillac you have money and should pay more.

yea i noticed that to like headers for out cars being more then the G8 headers and i think ours are more then the GTO headers to but im not sure on that one.

Maximusthefarmer is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I am looking into this as well..my biggest problem is finding someone who actually is still selling the k-sport coilovers...any ideas? I did a lot of research on this as well, there were some members who had these. Like bigjimsho said you cannot do the aftermarkets sway so that is a negative, and if you are building a track car then these are not the way to go. But I don't track my car so I have been considering them. I personally have had the H and R with and without spacers and now the GC and have not been very happy with either setup. My hope is the KW will simply sit in the car better and with no GC "clunk" as it were because supposedly when you lower the GC very much it causes issues with the spring travel, that and they have camber plates on them... i'd love to get some more opinions on these i'm not putting myself forward as an expert by any means.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.