Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axles - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In my car, the more I try to do a burnout (high RPM clutch dump) the less wheel hop I ...
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

In my car, the more I try to do a burnout (high RPM clutch dump) the less wheel hop I get. If I take off, and the tires spin a bit, I get more hop.
    Some cars get more hop than others. I don't know how hard the OP tried to do burnouts before the mounts.
    But it's nice that he can now put his money towards other mods now.

Tony

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, right there everybody. Ultra urethane mounts are not a "solid" motor mount. Yes, we do also offer a solid motor mount that is made from billet aluminum, but the Ultra Mounts being offered to the V community are not solid in any way. The "steel" inside the urethane mounts is not connected at all from one end of the mount to the other. There are two separate steel frames that push and pull on each other, the urethane acts as the cushion between the two.

Now lets talk more about wheel hop
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I have the UUC mounts (ver. 1, which I need to replace) but it didn't help my hop at all

Maybe I need to get a set of these steel ones. I didn't catch it if it was posted, but did those steel mounts introduce anymore vibrations, noises, etc?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tormounts.html

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I have the UUC mounts (ver. 1, which I need to replace) but it didn't help my hop at all

Maybe I need to get a set of these steel ones. I didn't catch it if it was posted, but did those steel mounts introduce anymore vibrations, noises, etc?
    like the ones 2003RC produced for a while?? i have a set waiting to be installed when my stock mounts to start to leak.. i haven't read any reviews of them yet even though he made at least 20 sets

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    like the ones 2003RC produced for a while?? i have a set waiting to be installed when my stock mounts to start to leak.. i haven't read any reviews of them yet even though he made at least 20 sets

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I would warn against solid mounts bolted to a aluminum motor,save your self some money,put a tiestrap on your motor ,sinch it down tight,when you see that it does not help wheel hop you can undue the strap and not have had to buy anything
    I want to hear more about why solid mounts are bad. Tons of different applications out there running them. Is it because of the wheel hop problem on the V's? Not sure what else would be the difference.

It's not that solid motor mounts are bad it's more of a question of what the car is being used for. If a person is trying to get every ounce of power out of engine to propel the vehicle and is willing to sacrifice ride quality (race cars) or very young drivers (kids) that don't care about ride quality than solid mounts might be just fine for that application. If ride quality is higher on your list, than urethane mounts might be for you. The urethane will absorb some amount of power transfer but for most people driving street driven cars it's a better choice. Everything is a compromise. The engines of today (especially imports) spin faster and run smoother than the engines of yesteryear so vibration levels aren't as bad as one might think. Over the years we have sold a TON of solid mounts to the young import guys and very very few have wanted to send them back due to excessive vibration levels. It's all a matter of personal preference, the nice thing is that if you decide you don't like what you have, no matter what it is, you can change them out.

Yo Platinum, didn't mean to derail the topic of your thread.
    maxx@creative-steel.com

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    It's not that solid motor mounts are bad it's more of a question of what the car is being used for. If a person is trying to get every ounce of power out of engine to propel the vehicle and is willing to sacrifice ride quality (race cars) or very young drivers (kids) that don't care about ride quality than solid mounts might be just fine for that application. If ride quality is higher on your list, than urethane mounts might be for you. The urethane will absorb some amount of power transfer but for most people driving street driven cars it's a better choice. Everything is a compromise. The engines of today (especially imports) spin faster and run smoother than the engines of yesteryear so vibration levels aren't as bad as one might think. Over the years we have sold a TON of solid mounts to the young import guys and very very few have wanted to send them back due to excessive vibration levels. It's all a matter of personal preference, the nice thing is that if you decide you don't like what you have, no matter what it is, you can change them out.

Yo Platinum, didn't mean to derail the topic of your thread.

Are these mounts still avialible?
    Im interested in a set.

whats a email I can reach you at ?

And Whats the exact price now ?

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    Are these mounts still avialible?
    Im interested in a set.

whats a email I can reach you at ?

And Whats the exact price now ?
    Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    maxx@creative-steel.com

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    Are heat shields required on the mounts if you have long tube headers? I assume yes? Im in for the whole deal, engine, trans. Ill call you tomorrow.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

If I get it tomorrow when it is still light out it will go in tomorrow! I was kind of hoping I would get it today since I was already under the car!

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Ill give you a call today. sounds like a good deal for some motor mounts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.