Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axles - Page 2
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 27 of 27
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axles in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; In my car, the more I try to do a burnout (high RPM clutch dump) the less wheel hop I ...
  1. #16
    Twitch's Avatar
    Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    43
    Posts
    3,992

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    In my car, the more I try to do a burnout (high RPM clutch dump) the less wheel hop I get. If I take off, and the tires spin a bit, I get more hop.
    Some cars get more hop than others. I don't know how hard the OP tried to do burnouts before the mounts.
    But it's nice that he can now put his money towards other mods now.

    Tony

  2. #17
    MotorMounts's Avatar
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Salem Oregon
    Age
    48
    Posts
    400

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    WHOA, WHOA, WHOA, right there everybody. Ultra urethane mounts are not a "solid" motor mount. Yes, we do also offer a solid motor mount that is made from billet aluminum, but the Ultra Mounts being offered to the V community are not solid in any way. The "steel" inside the urethane mounts is not connected at all from one end of the mount to the other. There are two separate steel frames that push and pull on each other, the urethane acts as the cushion between the two.

    Now lets talk more about wheel hop
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

  3. #18
    SkullV's Avatar
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Downtown Chicago
    Posts
    3,847

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I have the UUC mounts (ver. 1, which I need to replace) but it didn't help my hop at all

    Maybe I need to get a set of these steel ones. I didn't catch it if it was posted, but did those steel mounts introduce anymore vibrations, noises, etc?
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...tormounts.html

  4. #19
    shadybx7's Avatar
    shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    3,483

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I have the UUC mounts (ver. 1, which I need to replace) but it didn't help my hop at all

    Maybe I need to get a set of these steel ones. I didn't catch it if it was posted, but did those steel mounts introduce anymore vibrations, noises, etc?
    like the ones 2003RC produced for a while?? i have a set waiting to be installed when my stock mounts to start to leak.. i haven't read any reviews of them yet even though he made at least 20 sets

  5. #20
    lollygagger8's Avatar
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    4,929

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    like the ones 2003RC produced for a while?? i have a set waiting to be installed when my stock mounts to start to leak.. i haven't read any reviews of them yet even though he made at least 20 sets

  6. #21
    deedubb's Avatar
    deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Mile High
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,771

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I would warn against solid mounts bolted to a aluminum motor,save your self some money,put a tiestrap on your motor ,sinch it down tight,when you see that it does not help wheel hop you can undue the strap and not have had to buy anything
    I want to hear more about why solid mounts are bad. Tons of different applications out there running them. Is it because of the wheel hop problem on the V's? Not sure what else would be the difference.

  7. #22
    MotorMounts's Avatar
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Salem Oregon
    Age
    48
    Posts
    400

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    It's not that solid motor mounts are bad it's more of a question of what the car is being used for. If a person is trying to get every ounce of power out of engine to propel the vehicle and is willing to sacrifice ride quality (race cars) or very young drivers (kids) that don't care about ride quality than solid mounts might be just fine for that application. If ride quality is higher on your list, than urethane mounts might be for you. The urethane will absorb some amount of power transfer but for most people driving street driven cars it's a better choice. Everything is a compromise. The engines of today (especially imports) spin faster and run smoother than the engines of yesteryear so vibration levels aren't as bad as one might think. Over the years we have sold a TON of solid mounts to the young import guys and very very few have wanted to send them back due to excessive vibration levels. It's all a matter of personal preference, the nice thing is that if you decide you don't like what you have, no matter what it is, you can change them out.

    Yo Platinum, didn't mean to derail the topic of your thread.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

  8. #23
    maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    It's not that solid motor mounts are bad it's more of a question of what the car is being used for. If a person is trying to get every ounce of power out of engine to propel the vehicle and is willing to sacrifice ride quality (race cars) or very young drivers (kids) that don't care about ride quality than solid mounts might be just fine for that application. If ride quality is higher on your list, than urethane mounts might be for you. The urethane will absorb some amount of power transfer but for most people driving street driven cars it's a better choice. Everything is a compromise. The engines of today (especially imports) spin faster and run smoother than the engines of yesteryear so vibration levels aren't as bad as one might think. Over the years we have sold a TON of solid mounts to the young import guys and very very few have wanted to send them back due to excessive vibration levels. It's all a matter of personal preference, the nice thing is that if you decide you don't like what you have, no matter what it is, you can change them out.

    Yo Platinum, didn't mean to derail the topic of your thread.

    Are these mounts still avialible?
    Im interested in a set.

    whats a email I can reach you at ?

    And Whats the exact price now ?

  9. #24
    MotorMounts's Avatar
    MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Salem Oregon
    Age
    48
    Posts
    400

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    Are these mounts still avialible?
    Im interested in a set.

    whats a email I can reach you at ?

    And Whats the exact price now ?
    Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

  10. #25
    CTS-Voodoo's Avatar
    CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AutoRepairSEO.com
    Posts
    951

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    Are heat shields required on the mounts if you have long tube headers? I assume yes? Im in for the whole deal, engine, trans. Ill call you tomorrow.

  11. #26
    SkullV's Avatar
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Downtown Chicago
    Posts
    3,847

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    If I get it tomorrow when it is still light out it will go in tomorrow! I was kind of hoping I would get it today since I was already under the car!

  12. #27
    maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Age
    28
    Posts
    1,049

    Re: Wheel-hop eliminated/no upgraded axels

    Quote Originally Posted by MotorMounts View Post
    Yes, our motor mounts are still available. $160 a set which includes shipping. If you have stock exhaust, heat shields are required and they cost $15 a pair. Transmission mounts are now also available for $130. PlatinumCavette got the first one and seams to be happy with it. SkullV should be receiving his tomorrow or Thursday and will be giving a review once installed. The trans mount is super easy and quick to install so hopefully the review will come equally quick (no push Ted, really). Our phone number is 503-316-1811, my email is max@beartraplifter.com Give us a call, Max
    Ill give you a call today. sounds like a good deal for some motor mounts.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting