Amsoil Royal Purple etc. Noticable difference?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Amsoil Royal Purple etc. Noticable difference? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just as the title suggest, I'm wondering if you guys have noticed I big difference swapping out the factory fluid ...
    silver02stang is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): LS6 CTS-V

Amsoil Royal Purple etc. Noticable difference?

Just as the title suggest, I'm wondering if you guys have noticed I big difference swapping out the factory fluid to fully synthetic in the diff and trans. I've just turned 50k and I'm feeling as though some proper maintence is in order

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Re: Amsoil Royal Purple etc. Noticable difference?

technically a synthetic will do better, but the guys who spend the money on royal purple are wasting their time, well unless of course its a bracket eliminator car, then that extra few horses might make the difference...

In the real world 3 horses don't matter nearly as much as the caliber of the driver. Ive seen many a ferrari get destroyed until the top end saved them based on lack of experience.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

I picked up about two MPG highway and the trans shifts smoother.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

My buddy in my car club is an Amsoil dealer. We are doing a comparison on my V on nitrous between Mobile 1 and Amsoil's new dominator racing oil on the dyno NOV 7. Look for the article from Amsoil and I'll post it on here.

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

After I put in the Specter Werks bushings, I got some whine. So I changed the diff fluid to Amsoil. After a few hundred miles, it quieted down to the point where I'm happy with it.

Tony

LJisshorty is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V (Raven)

I just swapped out the factory fluid with Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140 and the LSD additive about 700 hundred miles ago. Still factory fluid in the trans. To be honest I havent noticed very much of a difference except at speeds over 45mph the whine might be a little less noticable. However it might just be my imagination.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

i switched over to amsoil in m engine i gain gas mileage and the engine is less shaky (or runs smoother)believe it or not.

Ferny is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I used royal purple last week at 52k. i cant really feel the difference. i also did the tranny. the tranny feels alot smoother.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

We have been working with a oil suplement company for a few years now and went threw several before we found what we were looking for,ALL warned to stay away from royal purple,very high chlorine content,said the other GOOD oils were fine.Mobile has changed its additive package and its not the thing to use anymore.We have a great oil we use ,pricey but saves us plenty of money in the long run.My 2 cents

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    We have been working with a oil suplement company for a few years now and went threw several before we found what we were looking for,ALL warned to stay away from royal purple,very high chlorine content,said the other GOOD oils were fine.Mobile has changed its additive package and its not the thing to use anymore.We have a great oil we use ,pricey but saves us plenty of money in the long run.My 2 cents
    Well what is the oil you use?

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    i switched over to amsoil in m engine i gain gas mileage and the engine is less shaky (or runs smoother)believe it or not.
    My car fires right up now as well. It had a little cranking delay that doesn't happen anymore.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Well what is the oil you use?
    It is blend ed for us,its a base 4 stock,amsoil is still a 3,we use 100% manmade ingredients,we dont make a prophit on it we just pass it on to our customers,ill get some specific info to you if your inrested,its not cheap .

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

i changed my diff fluid to Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140 with no LSD additive... no chattering, i never heard a whine from my diff before or after the new fluid... just piece of mind after the break in miles on the diff..

CTSVmapper is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 V - Procharged / N20 - yea, why not.

I changed ALL fluids to royal purple and RED Line - water wetter, dif, trans, oil and picked up 7 RWHP. SAE, Dynojet.
    horsepower TV did it and got over 8.
    http://www.royalpurple.com/rp-video/hptv1.html

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    i changed my diff fluid to Amsoil Severe Gear 75W-140 with no LSD additive... no chattering, i never heard a whine from my diff before or after the new fluid... just piece of mind after the break in miles on the diff..
    Lucky. The first time I had used Royal Purple I didn't have to put in the additive. Before a road trip I changed the fluid and put in new RP no additive. Then drove to Hilton Head, SC, and once I got there I herd the chatter (more like a grinding). Got the car home and changed the fluid once more with the additive. Now since I will only use AMSOIL, I do add the GM additive, but will be going with the Amsoil one next time. No chatter or grinding anymore. I also use 75w140. No matter what combo of what I use the whining comes back after 5000 miles. I change it at 10,000.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.