Hendrix Econa axle take two - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Econa axle take two in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SoJersey05V never had a 1st hand case with him... i have read many things on another forum ...
    T-bones Goat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Econa axle take two

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    never had a 1st hand case with him... i have read many things on another forum
    I will vouch for Thomas. He is a stand up vendor and goes way out of his way to help people including those that have never bought from him. If you knew my car and me you would know that I have dealt with many, many vendors as I have approximately $60000 invested in my car. Thomas is thetop vendor and is far above even the most prestigous vendors I have bought from. He WORKED FOR BOP and he is getting a bad rap because some of their customers had issues with their clutches. Thomas did not own that company. He just worked for them.

I have one of the 9 second GTO's you speak of and actually there are 4 9 sec GTO's in the Hendrix stable and 1 10 flat 6 speed GTO. Three of which have been running all summer. There are other very high HP GTO's that do not track their cars like myself. There were 36,000 witnesses that saw my car go down the track at Pinks All Out in Charlotte this spring. I have made 20 or so passes sinced then.

BTW your research sucks.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by T-bones Goat View Post
    I will vouch for Thomas. He is a stand up vendor and goes way out of his way to help people including those that have never bought from him. If you knew my car and me you would know that I have dealt with many, many vendors as I have approximately $60000 invested in my car. Thomas is thetop vendor and is far above even the most prestigous vendors I have bought from. He WORKED FOR BOP and he is getting a bad rap because some of their customers had issues with their clutches. Thomas did not own that company. He just worked for them.

I have one of the 9 second GTO's you speak of and actually there are 4 9 sec GTO's in the Hendrix stable and 1 10 flat 6 speed GTO. Three of which have been running all summer. There are other very high HP GTO's that do not track their cars like myself. There were 36,000 witnesses that saw my car go down the track at Pinks All Out in Charlotte this spring. I have made 20 or so passes sinced then.

BTW your research sucks.
    Wow, calling in the favors now? lol

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

I will say this forums lets the venders take alot more unsubstantiated bs than any forum i pay to be on.Its funny how a few bad apples can ruin it for the rest

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I will say this forums lets the venders take alot more unsubstantiated bs than any forum i pay to be on.Its funny how a few bad apples can ruin it for the rest
    d00d! Don't argue back. Put up quality products and let them speak for themselves...

DILLIGAF is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 ctsV platinum,maggied,rt cats,headers,corsa,stealth tune

I think most of us can spot a troll Thomas.Don't worry about it.My axles haven't broke yet,I should take them out of the box someday.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

If you have personally had a bad experience with Hendrix Engineering, we're all ears. Until then, keep the rumors and "I read something on some other forum" talk out of here. Also please remember that creative spelling to use obscenity on the forums will not be tolerated- this is a forum for Cadillac owners, so please at least pretend like you have some class when you're airing your differences of opinion.

There are a few people who have voiced their opinions that go against the majority here. We're not about stifling opinions here, but we're also not about letting off topic arguments ruin a vendor's thread. As such, all the bickering after their statement of opinion has been deleted. If you see a post that is extremely rude, offensive, or off-topic, please use the "Report Post" button, found at the top right of each post (it's the little red triangle next to the word "permalink"). Click that and let the mods handle it- don't take it upon yourself, because you're only making it worse.

Please carry on discussing axles now.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Wow, calling in the favors now? lol
    Honestly, the person I responded to claimed to do their research and it was all lies. He said that I had not made a pass in two years??? Hell my first 9 second pass in the GTO was May of 08 at Pinks in Atlanta (1 year 3 months). The other two GTO's in the nines didn't do so until within the past year or less. One being last October and the other was after that. Us 3 are the only known GTO's in the nines that are running at all right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    If you have personally had a bad experience with Hendrix Engineering, we're all ears. Until then, keep the rumors and "I read something on some other forum" talk out of here. Also please remember that creative spelling to use obscenity on the forums will not be tolerated- this is a forum for Cadillac owners, so please at least pretend like you have some class when you're airing your differences of opinion.

Please carry on discussing axles now.
    I cut 1.39 60' with Hendrix axles in my 4000lb lead sled.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Guns N Roses isn't the same without Axl...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by T-bones Goat View Post
    I cut 1.39 60' with Hendrix axles in my 4000lb lead sled.
    thats f-body type of a 60'

whats your setup or mod list?

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    thats f-body type of a 60'

whats your setup or mod list?
    Everything I have behind the tranny came from Hendrix. I have a 4" aluminum driveshaft, an 8.8 conversion that Hendrix designed just for the GTO, and his axles. The parts have been great. I have been trying to break them for two years now with no success. Here is my FQuick http://www.fquick.com/garages/Pontiac/GTO/2005/10852/

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

I feel compelled to chime in here. Everyone needs to take a chill pill. Tony is being far more understanding with you guys than most of us would. Not so long ago, a few of you from this thread would have been banned.

I have the HE pro axles. I have said it before, they ARE NOT the miracle cure for wheel-hop. But do they work? Absolutely. If you are looking to do burnouts (which, even with these axles, is still not healthy for your drivetrain) you can do it with zero wheelhop. There is still a little (for me anyway) on light launches, but I almost would not call it wheelhop. It's more like chatter. I gave CTSV_Rob a little demo this past weekend and he can vouch for it (assuming he still comes in here--which he probably does not--another highly valuable member pissed away by the immaturity of many members in this forum).

Bottom line, if you guys don't cool it, and let the vendors conduct their business, there will be no vendors here eventually, and this forum will be rendered useless. Then you guys will have to go post on romper-room.com or whereever the hell you came from. It IS NOT your job, my job, or even the admin's job to protect buyers on this forum. Caveat Emptor. And let people make their own decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I feel compelled to chime in here. Everyone needs to take a chill pill. Tony is being far more understanding with you guys than most of us would. Not so long ago, a few of you from this thread would have been banned.

I have the HE pro axles. I have said it before, they ARE NOT the miracle cure for wheel-hop. But do they work? Absolutely. If you are looking to do burnouts (which, even with these axles, is still not healthy for your drivetrain) you can do it with zero wheelhop. There is still a little (for me anyway) on light launches, but I almost would not call it wheelhop. It's more like chatter. I gave CTSV_Rob a little demo this past weekend and he can vouch for it (assuming he still comes in here--which he probably does not--another highly valuable member pissed away by the immaturity of many members in this forum).
    ottom line, if you guys don't cool it, and let the vendors conduct their business, there will be no vendors here eventually, and this forum will be rendered useless. Then you guys will have to go post on romper-room.com or whereever the hell you came from. It IS NOT your job, my job, or even the admin's job to protect buyers on this forum. Caveat Emptor. And let people make their own decisions.
    THANK YOU,i feel a little better about spending my hard earned money investing back in the CTSV market.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

And on the flip; to be fair to others Thomas, people have the right to voice their opinions. IF THEY HAVE SOLID EVIDENCE AGAINST YOUR PRODUCT. So far, no one has come through with any hard facts against your axles. If they do though, they will be allowed to post. That is part of capitalism.

But none of this "I heard from some guy at the track..." "I read on another forum..." "Some online magazine said..." None of that is going to fly here.

If you have a CTS-V with these axles, post your results. If you are in the market for these axles, read through these threads. If you don't meet either of these parameters, stay out of these threads.

JD03Cobra is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Platinum CTS V

H.E. keep up the great work!! Until you got here the wheel hop issue was a dead end unless you wanted to pay $10,000. This has been one of the most exciting threads in a long time IMO. I will be buying these after my headers are on. Thanks for the hard work!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JD03Cobra View Post
    H.E. keep up the great work!! Until you got here the wheel hop issue was a dead end unless you wanted to pay $10,000. This has been one of the most exciting threads in a long time IMO. I will be buying these after my headers are on. Thanks for the hard work!!!
    Thank you sir

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.