Which supercharger would you recommend? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Which supercharger would you recommend? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You bolt on a Mag, bring your V to me and for a few beers and few hours of cutting ...
    StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Re: Which supercharger would you recommend?

You bolt on a Mag, bring your V to me and for a few beers and few hours of cutting and welding fun, we'll have a strut tower brace on there.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

StealthV -

You, sir, have a Deal!

Blades is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): STS-V

Coming from an 03 Cobra.. I'd go with an Eaton or a Whipple Twin Screw.. Any pos-dis blower.. Hell no on centrifugals.. Too noisy.. when you dont want it to be.. The eaton friggin screams when you push the go pedal!! Not to mention, its much more reliable.. All the big auto makers use it on their factory sc'd cars.. And some idiots out there will put 87 octane in the GTP/SSEi, regardless of what the manual says. The 3.8 V6 in the GTP/SSEi isn't exactly a built for boost motor!! Even so, they are holding up well.

Oh.. and absolutely, without a doubt.. Get an intercooler.. Be it a FMIC on a centri or a small unit that sits under neath the pos-dis.. Hot boost is bad boost. Esp on a stock ls6.

Only prob is that you might have to change the hood..

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

If I could modify the Eaton on my 3.8 liter V-6 T-Bird SC to fit my V I'd do it in a minute. Problem is all the 3" aluminum heavy duty piping from the supercharger to the air cooled intercooler beside the radiator and back to the intake manifold. No room for this on the V. I would need to install a liquid cooled intercooler.

I love the sound of it when I'm @ 3/4 to full throttle. It sings like a jet turbine - just loud enough to know it's there. Plus it would drown out the engine coolant flow harmonics "singing" in my V which gets on my nerves.

Ford did modify the basic engine for the SC version. Beefed up the main bearings, added a modified crankshaft (forged or cast I can't remember), added capacity to the coolant system, and added a heavy duty clutch. Everything has proven extremely reliable - still have the car after 15 years with original clutch and no engine problems yet @ 85,000 miles. The supercharger will likely last longer than the engine.

wildwhl is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I have only owned one supercharged (and one turbo) vehicle so far in my lifetime. The S/C was a V8 Dakota pickup with a powerdyne(sp?) bolt on kit, no intercooler. I learned from this experience that an intercooler is a must in most instances. It made a bunch more power, but during hot days, continued driving, etc., the power likely wasn't much more than stock output. The kit went on without any trouble (a little tricky) and lasted the entire 6 months I ran it before I traded the truck in on a Jetta 1.8T to chip and mod away with. This goes back a few years, when I was far too poor to own anything like a V. Life's been good to me, and I can't wait for the right intercooled supercharge to come along for this car.

Guess all I have to add here is that in my mind, and with my very limited experience, an intercooler is a must. To me, I still the the i/c mag is going to be the way to go for the otherwise stock LS6.

CTSV_Scott is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It's looking like it will be November before the Magnuson kit will be ready!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.