Hendrix Engineering = QUALITY clutch/flywheel combo - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Engineering = QUALITY clutch/flywheel combo in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; So whats the final review? Everything fit ok ? I didnt read all 3 pages but I saw something on ...
    maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Engineering = QUALITY clutch/flywheel combo

So whats the final review?

Everything fit ok ?

I didnt read all 3 pages but I saw something on the first page about a fitment issue ?

Im trying to choose between this and the monster.

Post some info please.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Well to cut to the chase - the write-up, no matter who writes it, must reveal the type and source of all of the components used (in additon to those supplied dirctly by Hendrix-Engineering) to assemble the thing. Otherwise, the do-it-yourself readers will not be able to replicate the install and the result will be NO incremental sales for Hendrix-Engineering, which presumably is the purpose of this exercise.
    Actually no. The tech article can include whatever I want it to, Im using it for search engine rankings. Who cares about tech articles when you control every CTSV related term in google?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    Actually no. The tech article can include whatever I want it to, Im using it for search engine rankings. Who cares about tech articles when you control every CTSV related term in google?
    That's fine. A thousand google links to a dead end, is still a dead end. If Hendrix-Engineering is indifferent to the level of its clutch sales I am sure I don't care.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Unless I'm mistaken, CTS-Voodoo is not affiliated in any way with Hendrix beside being a customer of theirs.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    That's fine. A thousand google links to a dead end, is still a dead end. If Hendrix-Engineering is indifferent to the level of its clutch sales I am sure I don't care.
    I dont know why you continuly make coments,i dont care to rush a solution,i tested my clutches for a YEAR before i sold the first one.Itested my 8.8 for 2 YEARS before i would sell the first one.I know this clutch works,honestly anyone that can put in a clutch can figure out the shim size needed ,its about as simple as it gets.What i will not do is Guess,untill i do one myself or till i personaly work with someone(thats why i GAVE a setup to lolly and got no where and as yet have not recieved payment or the clutch back)Im looking to sell 1000s of clutches over the next 20 yrs not to quickly sell clutches this week

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post

I dont know why you continuly make coments,i dont care to rush a solution,i tested my clutches for a YEAR before i sold the first one.Itested my 8.8 for 2 YEARS before i would sell the first one.I know this clutch works,honestly anyone that can put in a clutch can figure out the shim size needed ,its about as simple as it gets.What i will not do is Guess,untill i do one myself or till i personaly work with someone(thats why i GAVE a setup to lolly and got no where and as yet have not recieved payment or the clutch back)Im looking to sell 1000s of clutches over the next 20 yrs not to quickly sell clutches this week
    I glad you asked. My commentary on your clutch offering is not a request that you sell an untested product. Rather, my comments on your clutch is simply a request for information - If no one knows what other clutch components are required to make your clutch work in a CTS-V (not an F-body and not a a GTO) folks are not going to buy them.

Other clutch providers such as McLeod, Spec, and Textrailia will tell the potential customer exactly what they need for a CTS-V installation - if you do not believe this call them.

I am a Hendrix-Engineering customer - I bought your axles and I am on you list for a rear end kit. My comments are NOT intended to hurt Hendrix-Engineering, they are intended rather to provoke the remedy for a glaring deficiency in your marketability in this niche market - which is the lack of installation details.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Well that solves it,call one of them see what they recomend and then you will no what you need to put mine in.They had no idea what to use eithier untill they worked with some one and figured it out,they just got a head start.My clutch bolts in no different than a tex,spec,ls7 etc..they use the same style pp.I do thank you for your purchase as well as your future purchases

LOL like I said, I will be taking pics, and Im sure Kushan will be doing the same, obviously he wants to get some free press out of this as well, and I don't think he would half ass free advertising - especially after I told him I wanted pics of every step for his website and Hendrix Engineering. The car goes under the knife now on monday probably, though I will wait till hell freezes over if I have to.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

LOL like I said, I will be taking pics, and Im sure Kushan will be doing the same, obviously he wants to get some free press out of this as well, and I don't think he would half ass free advertising - especially after I told him I wanted pics of every step for his website and Hendrix Engineering. The car goes under the knife now on monday probably, though I will wait till hell freezes over if I have to.
    Ahhh now it makes sense... your installer has some skin in the game! That's why you know it'll be a decent write-up.... ahhh I missed that important detail! That's great news

Voodoo.... you are still supplying your own slave right? you get a stock C6 slave? (Or should I be patient and wait for the write up )

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    Ahhh now it makes sense... your installer has some skin in the game! That's why you know it'll be a decent write-up.... ahhh I missed that important detail! That's great news

Voodoo.... you are still supplying your own slave right? you get a stock C6 slave? (Or should I be patient and wait for the write up )
    Im leaving the intelligent decisions to the guy who works on hopped up corvettes all day for a living. I figure he probably knows better than a web marketing geek lol.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Good idea.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post

I did not read ALL the postings, (and pardon me for asking again)
    Hendrix was the price for your clutch kit for the CTS-V?
    what what parts are included?

Monster does sounds like is has some nice parts, but prices are too high. LS7 clutch kit from Luke sounds pretty good for me, but I like to know all my options and prices..

--Jerry

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

I believe Hendrix is making a group buy deal at 700 bucks with the 15lb flywheel like I got. Supposed to hold 525 rear wheel (with ease) and still be able to shift smoothly cause its carbon/ceramic. Ill let him fill you in more though.
    bump. any word on when this group by is going to happen?

Seems like alot of people are clutch shopping!

and im just tired of searchin and like the hendrix kit!

The car keeps getting pushed back lol. Theres a blue C6 with a blower that had a bad pulley and a few other issues that the client was unaware of when he said the car was running funny. I would rather Kushan takes his time, I want the same level of scrutiny on my car as that guy got!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

I'll have writeup soon! Yes, that's right.....I'm back bitches

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.