Headers and exhaust or JUST exhaust? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Headers and exhaust or JUST exhaust? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SkullV At this point there is no question in my mind that my Kook's/Magnaflow setup makes more ...
    rangerrob is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2011 Black Diamond CTS-V

Re: Headers and exhaust or JUST exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    At this point there is no question in my mind that my Kook's/Magnaflow setup makes more power then the full B&B setup. It's all in the tune. I prefer the sound of a the Magnaflow cat-back but if you want nascar sound go with B&B. Now if you want to sound like a motorboat with a pissed off outboard motor go with Corsa.
    LMAO! outboard motor, please... magnaflow and b&b have nothing on corsa when it comes to sound... if you want to scare the little kids and piss of the neighbors when you rev it, go with corsa... of course it's personal preference

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

At this point there is no question in my mind that my Kook's/Magnaflow setup makes more power then the full B&B setup. It's all in the tune. I prefer the sound of a the Magnaflow cat-back but if you want nascar sound go with B&B. Now if you want to sound like a motorboat with a pissed off outboard motor go with Corsa.

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    LMAO! outboard motor, please... magnaflow and b&b have nothing on corsa when it comes to sound... if you want to scare the little kids and piss of the neighbors when you rev it, go with corsa... of course it's personal preference

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by crash32 View Post

I have heard that with headers, that a proper tune is a MUST otherwise you will actually loose hp with headers!!!! I'm sure that this is old news on this message board, but that really surprised me.
    I believe you will lose power only at first, until the pcm re-adjusts itself.

You will not get the full benefit of headers without a tune.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i have corsa catback and it is only loud at WOT... now that isnt enuff... when i get the cash i am definitely doing headers!!! and swapping out those tunnel mufflers for an Xpipe!!!

kooks and corsa!!!! no better combo... gives a F1 kinda sound at WOT.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    kooks and corsa!!!! no better combo... gives a F1 kinda sound at WOT.

Yeah, all that is missing is another 14,000 rpm.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by rangerrob View Post
    You kids are funny...

crash32 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Haha, obviously it comes down to personal preferance! MY... and I want to stress... MY personal preference is something that sounds refined. Now when I say "refined", I am in no way referring to volume level. You can have a very refined sound at both low and high volumes.

One of the things that I loved about the Audi S4 (4.2 V8) is that with an exhaust it sounded like "expensive" horsepower. Now no flamming here since this is JUST my personal opinion!!!!

I just much prefer the sound of a F40 Ferrari with Tubi exhaust over a 1970 Chevelle with glasspacks!! Which header/exhaust combo would give me a very clean badass sound? Loud would be great, but it is not my #1 deciding factor. I just want people to turn around and say...what the hell is that thing and not confuse it with an old pickup truck with an exhaust on it.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Yeah, all that is missing is another 14,000 rpm.
    and a prancing horse on the side! lol

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Oh god, the Corsa/Magnaflow argument is starting again....

Cliffs:
    Corsa - racier sounding exhaust, more typical of an F1 style sound.
    Magnaflow - more of an old school hot rod sound
    Flowmaster - sounds like a truck

crash32 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

I have heard that the corsa at idle is a bit quieter than the magnaflows. I would love to be pulling in a parking space or leaving a parking space at slightly above idle rpm and people turn around and say OH GOD.... thats a beast!!!!!! Would corsa or magnaflows accomplish this best??

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

I have heard that the corsa at idle is a bit quieter than the magnaflows. I would love to be pulling in a parking space or leaving a parking space at slightly above idle rpm and people turn around and say OH GOD.... thats a beast!!!!!! Would corsa or magnaflows accomplish this best??
    Magnaflow. Idle is great!

Corsa had a great sound at WOT...i'm not sure if it's louder than Magnaflow, they are two totally different sounds.

Here are several videos of my Kooks and Magnaflow... http://www.youtube.com/user/whisler151

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Haha, obviously it comes down to personal preferance! MY... and I want to stress... MY personal preference is something that sounds refined. Now when I say "refined", I am in no way referring to volume level. You can have a very refined sound at both low and high volumes.

One of the things that I loved about the Audi S4 (4.2 V8) is that with an exhaust it sounded like "expensive" horsepower. Now no flamming here since this is JUST my personal opinion!!!!

I just much prefer the sound of a F40 Ferrari with Tubi exhaust over a 1970 Chevelle with glasspacks!! Which header/exhaust combo would give me a very clean badass sound? Loud would be great, but it is not my #1 deciding factor. I just want people to turn around and say...what the hell is that thing and not confuse it with an old pickup truck with an exhaust on it.
    Based on this description of your preferrences the exhaust you will want is the Corsa.

manciniat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v
    If you want people to say, OH GOD that's a beast. Headers are a must! Refer to my cam,
    Exhaust video. The look on peoples face, is priceless! And at normal speed, I hear tire whine
    Over the exhaust.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

I have the variety pack exhaust on my car and I think its one of the best sounding cars I've ever heard. Of course I may be biased lol I have Kooks 1 7/8" headers, no cats, stock pipes and resonator going into flowmaster mufflers because they were free. Now most would say flowmaster? Give me a break, those are for rednecks in rustangs. Okay I'll give you that one (keep in mind they were free which makes them even better!) but it sounds so good with the factory resonator. When you stand behind the car you just feel this deep rumble in your chest. You can literally feel the concussion its so deep. When you rev it, it never gets raspy or foul sounding like most ls engines. The tone stays deep and I have never had a car that gets so many compliments on the exhaust. I have people ALL THE TIME asking me to rev it up lol Of course my car has a little chop to it with the LG cam so it makes it sound that much better. But for a cheap thrown together exhaust, I'd take on any of you with your overpriced stainless cat back lol

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    I'd take on any of you with your overpriced stainless cat back lol
    Hey, some of us have headers, magnaflows and an xpipe that werent a kit! Stainless in California? Puhlease....

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.