Clutch Questions? Enter.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions? Enter. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Hello all, I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Steve and I am the owner of Monster Clutch Co. ...
    Steve@SNL/Monster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Clutch Questions? Enter.

Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Steve and I am the owner of Monster Clutch Co. and SNL Performance.

I've been hearing that you guys are in some serious need of some answers when it comes to clutches, and, I've read a few threads on here about some issues, so, I'd like to get your questions answered and get to know some guys on this forum before we start campaigning our clutch components and speed shop services.

I'd first like to let you guys know that Monster has a few clutches out in the CTS-V's and they install easily right out of the box. There are no guessing games, no problems, and you buy everything from one place at the same time. We have 6 different standard levels and 6 x.5 levels that will meet all of your needs. All of our clutches are rated at the rear wheels and are for a 4,000 lbs car with aggressive driving in mind. We don't under rate our clutches, we tell you what they will do and how they will act and we match your car and driving style to the clutch that fits, easy as that. All of our units have a 12 month warranty against manufacturers defects, we don't care if you race it or not, it's warrantied.

We are often immitated and have never been duplicated because we have our own proprietary blends of friction materials and contracts with engineering firms that handle our products and no one elses. While things may look like a Monster, be aware that unless it's green and you bought it from us, it's NOT a Monster!

So, now that I've introduced myself I'd like to field some questions and get to know you guys. I will check this forum once a day for the next week before I start selling.

Steve Addison
    SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Claimslngr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' cts-v infrared

Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

Thank you for joining up! I have been stalking the different clutch threads and it will be nice for someone to answer some of the questions. I am going to need a clutch in the next few months and will be paying attention. Thanks again in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Claimslngr View Post
    Thank you for joining up! I have been stalking the different clutch threads and it will be nice for someone to answer some of the questions. I am going to need a clutch in the next few months and will be paying attention. Thanks again in advance.
    Thank you for the warm welcome.

I've had a few members on here tell me about some issues, I also had a couple of my customers direct me here. We'll get you guys educated in the clutch setups in the V's.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Oh man, what great timing!!

Thanks for signing up!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Welcome! Glad to have you on board. I have almost 3000 miles on my level 2.5 and love it! Zero issues.

Guys, I highly recommend Monster. Their products and service is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Oh man, what great timing!!

Thanks for signing up!
    Thanks a ton man!
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

Some things we do at the shop;

Built motors, superchargers, heads/cam packages, custom in house dyno tuning, anything and everything imaginable.

Parts we offer (only the best )

- GForce1320 drivetrain parts (Chris has some great things in store for you guys)

- Monster Clutches (go figure)

- Nitrous Outlet nitrous kits

- Procharger distributors

- Custom ground Comp Cams

- PRC cylinder heads (AFR and Trick Flow also available)

- Built motors (from mild to wild)

- FAST intakes

- Harrop Superchargers

I'm sure that I'm missing some stuff, but, you get the idea. It makes it easier to own both a clutch company and a speed shop. I can build clutches, test them in the lab (through my engineering firms), on the dyno, and on the street.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Welcome, Steve! Don't know if I'll need a clutch anytime soon but with you here Monster may be a nice option...

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Welcome aboard Steve

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Welcome! Glad to have you on board. I have almost 3000 miles on my level 2.5 and love it! Zero issues.

Guys, I highly recommend Monster. Their products and service is awesome.
    Thanks a ton Brandon! We appreciate your business and all of your positive feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Welcome, Steve! Don't know if I'll need a clutch anytime soon but with you here Monster may be a nice option...
    Thank you very much! When you're ready give me a shout.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
    Welcome aboard Steve
    Thank you Chris.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

You prob don't remember but this is Will that had the bmwna email addy from a few wks back.

Ive been thinking about the issue that lolly is having with his setup. I know with the setup you sell you have a spacer to go with the c6 slave in your kit ( your clutches get great reviews by the way). would a ls7 slave be able to do the job without the need of a spacer? Do any other GM vehicles have a slave which would work in a single mass fw application on the v if we wanted to piece together a kit ( for example your clutch but a stock ls2 single mass fw)?

I've been doing alot of reading up on write-ups you have made and things other have said from the f-body crowd, the gto guys and the vette guys. all have been good, I just dont like having to run spacers and what not for drivetrain components.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Howdy Steve, and thanks for signing up!
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Single mass fw is can be an ambigous term, for example: UUC's CTS-V flywheel is single mass with the thickness of a CTS-V dual mass.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Single mass fw is can be an ambigous term, for example: UUC's CTS-V flywheel is single mass with the thickness of a CTS-V dual mass.
    good to know, i was just refering to the single mass he sells and the oem gm single mass

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.