Clutch Questions? Enter. - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions? Enter. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I swear I just posted a response. Now the last 2 posts are gone? Is my iPhone on crack? Maybe ...
    whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

I swear I just posted a response. Now the last 2 posts are gone? Is my iPhone on crack? Maybe a mod can pm me if there are problems?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

I think some posts have been deliberately deleted from this thread. Perhaps your posts got caught up in the "flush."

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I think some posts have been deliberately deleted from this thread. Perhaps your posts got caught up in the "flush."
    Oh well, on with the clutch questions!

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Yes i agree back to the clutch questions!!!!!!

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

any cons to getting aluminum flywheel on the V?

I know the 15lb aluminum will be alittle better for performance. But will it give me alot of chatter and be hard to drive ?

The CTS-v weights ~4000lbs with me in it, I just want to make sure the aluminum flywheel can handle it and be manageable to drive with ..

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    any cons to getting aluminum flywheel on the V?

I know the 15lb aluminum will be alittle better for performance. But will it give me alot of chatter and be hard to drive ?

The CTS-v weights ~4000lbs with me in it, I just want to make sure the aluminum flywheel can handle it and be manageable to drive with ..
    There are many previous threads that cover this because the UUC lightwheel flywheel for these cars has been available for a number of years.

Briefly summarized the lightweight flywheel works in these cars and does not present driveabilty problems. I have one and love it. The fact that these cars weigh 4,000 lbs. is not a problem because: (1) even though their torque curves differ both the LS2 and LS6 motors have ample low end torque; and (2) the transmission is a close-ratio unit such that the drop in rpm from any particular gear change is not dramatic.

Having said this the lightweight flywheel does result in some gear noise if the the engine is "lugged". For example, if you arrive in 6th gear below 35 mph and then try to accelerate you will hear what sounds like "pinging" not from the motor but from the transmission.

Finally, if you spend an hour a day in stop-and-go, 1st and 2nd gear trafffic you may be happier with something a little heavier. The 28 lb. level would have some appeal in that application.

Given the subjective nature of these conclusions you really should search those earlier threads to get a variety of opinions.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

sooo whens the gorup buy ?

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rlj5 View Post
    Steve, Don't really need a clutch right now, But something tells me that if & when I get this thing to hook the spec 3+ is not gonna get it done. So what do you have in my power level ?, understanding that if I can get the traction figured out someday I'll probably put the larger crank pulley on, up the boost to maybe 18 psi & probably be around 1,000 hp at the wheels
    I would be so pumped if I had the ability to make a statement like that. ....but I can't....and more than likely I never ever will

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Finally, if you spend an hour a day in stop-and-go, 1st and 2nd gear trafffic you may be happier with something a little heavier. The 28 lb. level would have some appeal in that application.
    Darn right. That's exactly why I got the ~25lb LS7 flywheel... I'm in 2hrs of stop and go on a bad day..... and I'm happy from a dead start that I have those extra ~10lbs...

and I'm also thankful I can slip the clutch... just my .02

Frans96SS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    You want 90hp out of a cam and headers? Not on RPMs dyno. PM Randy for his guys info
    Not a lot of questions being answered here. But I assume the level 3 would be too "grabby" for a DD.
    I still wanna know why the 2 and 2.5 are described the same, and if I can get just the flywheel as a "bolt-on" kit.

Tony

Are you saying my Dyno reads low or something?

SoJersey05V is offline Banned

/\/\ lol thats what it sounded like to me lol!!!! i gotta get in there for some damn work!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.