Clutch Questions? Enter. - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions? Enter. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; i will have to chat with him a bit when i call to order...i am def leaning towards the 3.5 ...
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

i will have to chat with him a bit when i call to order...i am def leaning towards the 3.5 w/ remote bleeder and 28lb FW

rlj5 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '05 ProCharged cts-V -Silver on Black

Steve, Don't really need a clutch right now, But something tells me that if & when I get this thing to hook the spec 3+ is not gonna get it done. So what do you have in my power level ?, understanding that if I can get the traction figured out someday I'll probably put the larger crank pulley on, up the boost to maybe 18 psi & probably be around 1,000 hp at the wheels

http://www.planetlsx.com/vehicles/Extreme_Luxury/94
    F1-A ProCharged LS2/402 Forged w/AFR 225 heads & Fast 92mm intake |Meth | 1-7/8" kooks w/ Corsa |Stage V Trans by RPM w/ 9" Ford IRS |UUC Shifter |Msd shift lite |custom gauge pod w/dual interceptor scan gauges w/wide band |launch control |Line lock |Hre C-20 wheels |GY gsd3's 255/40/18 front & M/T 305/35/18 DR |Kw Coilovers
    Built & Tuned by EPP---------- 864 rwhp / 812 rwtq
    9" IRS built & installed by---- Madman Racing
    http://s478.photobucket.com/albums/r...view=slideshow

Quote Originally Posted by rlj5 View Post
    Steve, Don't really need a clutch right now, But something tells me that if & when I get this thing to hook the spec 3+ is not gonna get it done. So what do you have in my power level ?, understanding that if I can get the traction figured out someday I'll probably put the larger crank pulley on, up the boost to maybe 18 psi & probably be around 1,000 hp at the wheels

you will need the monster 32.8 clutch lol i'm sure Steve has something at the shop for guys like you!!!!

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by rlj5 View Post

Looks like you need the Level 6... http://www.monsterclutches.com/level6clutch.html

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

you forgot to add a link to your site.

www.monsterclutch.com

Im just window shoping right now, waiting to see what hendrix has to offer with thier kit, also is there any cons to have a flywheel that is to light on a 4000lb car?

With your kit will I need any aditional slave cylinder spacers or anything else to make the kit fit ? Or is it compete realy to go on the car ?

I know theres some issues when you switch from a single mass to a dual mass flywheel..

Quote Originally Posted by maxspeed96ct View Post
    you forgot to add a link to your site.

www.monsterclutch.com

Im just window shoping right now, waiting to see what hendrix has to offer with thier kit, also is there any cons to have a flywheel that is to light on a 4000lb car?

With your kit will I need any aditional slave cylinder spacers or anything else to make the kit fit ? Or is it compete realy to go on the car ?

I know theres some issues when you switch from a single mass to a dual mass flywheel..
    Steve's kits are 100% ready to go...slave and all (I know, I've got the level 2.5). You can go with the lightweight flywheel or the 28lb. I went with 15lb because i like how quickly it revs.
    Have you read my review on the clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Steve's kits are 100% ready to go...slave and all (I know, I've got the level 2.5). You can go with the lightweight flywheel or the 28lb. I went with 15lb because i like how quickly it revs.
    Have you read my review on the clutch?
    No I have not but i will now, what did you do about bleeing the clutch, do i have to buy a remote bleeder or does the kit come with one. Can i do it the old school way with somone just pumping the pedal ?

Im thinking about the 15lb pulley, but not sure if it a good idea on a 4000lb car ?

No I have not but i will now, what did you do about bleeing the clutch, do i have to buy a remote bleeder or does the kit come with one. Can i do it the old school way with somone just pumping the pedal ?

Im thinking about the 15lb pulley, but not sure if it a good idea on a 4000lb car ?
    Here is my review. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-2-5-15lb.html

I had the luxury of having Monster Clutch do the install as I live in TX. As far as a remote bleeder, they have one for $40 I think. As far as the flywheel goes, I love my 15lb. It is damn light though. 1st gear goes by really quickly. I cant wait for the GForce axles so that I can stop this damn hop! If you daily drive your V and are in a lot of traffic you may want the 28lb. I can deal with it and dont mind giving it a few revs before I engage the clutch. The pedal pressure is a bit more than stock, but thats what you get with a heavier duty clutch. There were no issues with the slave, Steve did his homework and made one for us V guys that works!

wow, thats alot of posts, and after reading im think 28lb flywheel.

but I still cant find a exact answer on what the monster kit uses for a slave cylinder, do they use the stock ctsv setup with a spacer ?
    does the kit come with the spacer or a new slave cyl ?

wow, thats alot of posts, and after reading im think 28lb flywheel.

but I still cant find a exact answer on what the monster kit uses for a slave cylinder, do they use the stock ctsv setup with a spacer ?
    does the kit come with the spacer or a new slave cyl ?
    Yes, the kit comes with the slave. We have to order the C6 Premium clutch setup to work with our Vs. Many have asked for the slave specifics, but its proprietary. They have posted that it is a modified C6 slave. They will not sell it separately either.

Monster has competition on this forum. If they told us exactly how they made everything they would not have a competitive advantage. That may be one reason the last guy to try a Hendrix clutch on a V sent it back to them. Monster FTW

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Yes, the kit comes with the slave. We have to order the C6 Premium clutch setup to work with our Vs. Many have asked for the slave specifics, but its proprietary. They have posted that it is a modified C6 slave. They will not sell it separately either.

Monster has competition on this forum. If they told us exactly how they made everything they would not have a competitive advantage. That may be one reason the last guy to try a Hendrix clutch on a V sent it back to them. Monster FTW
    very understandalbe. I will call moster in a few weeks for specific answers when im ready to buy. But i was simply just asking if the kit comes with eveything i need to go into my gargae and bolt it up, dont want to hunt around trying to match up diffrent slaves or spacers. Want a complete kit I can just bolt up, no b.s.

Good info btw in your posts and write up.

very understandalbe. I will call moster in a few weeks for specific answers when im ready to buy. But i was simply just asking if the kit comes with eveything i need to go into my gargae and bolt it up, dont want to hunt around trying to match up diffrent slaves or spacers. Want a complete kit I can just bolt up, no b.s.

Good info btw in your posts and write up.
    I did not do the install so I cannot speak to how easy it is. I know they have sold a lot of clutches to V owners in the last few weeks. Because their clutches come with everything needed I would guess that install will be fairly easy.
    I can tell you that everything you need is in the C6 Premium package. All you need to do is talk to Steve and figure out what level to go with.

from what i have read and am being told this is a complete kit! no guess work needed, no r&d, no B.S.!!!!!! i believe that the 2.0 will hold more power the the H.E. clutch (independent studies) and can also be used with a remote bleeder.

monster FTW!!

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Is there any reason that a single disc would be preferable to a comparable twin-disk set-up?

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    from what i have read and am being told this is a complete kit! no guess work needed, no r&d, no B.S.!!!!!! i believe that the 2.0 will hold more power the the H.E. clutch (independent studies) and can also be used with a remote bleeder.

monster FTW!!
    If Hendrix doesn't even have a complete kit out, how'd you manage to come by such independent studies?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.