Clutch Questions? Enter. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions? Enter. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by whisler151 Did you try Steve or Matt at (817) 750-2000? They usually get back to you fairly ...
    jballer88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 Black Raven CTS-V

Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    Did you try Steve or Matt at (817) 750-2000? They usually get back to you fairly quickly.

I do not believe that the UUC will work. The flywheels that Monster sells are your choice of a 28lb or 15lb. I went with 15lb.
    ya called the number again today, had the shop doing the installs for me call on friday and monday, and left messages, still no answer. also had them email him and I pmed him on here.

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by jballer88 View Post
    ya called the number again today, had the shop doing the installs for me call on friday and monday, and left messages, still no answer. also had them email him and I pmed him on here.
    I hope they call you back soon. Which clutch did you order?

jballer88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 Black Raven CTS-V

I hope they call you back soon. Which clutch did you order?
    didnt get a chance to order yet, told the shop im getting it installed at to order the 2.5, but we havent been able to get ahold of steve yet.

Steve@SNL/Monster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    Aww crud now you tell me! I paid 80 bucks for a LAPD bleeder because I was in a jam after buying another one for a Goat that didn’t fit!... Oh well. live and learn... I also missed out on this by a month or so...

FWIW The GM C6 setup I just put in (which included a C6 slave) did end up needing a Slave Shim for better pedal engagement. So now we know the F-Body setup doesn't work (sorry Lolly) and that the C6 setup will work w/o a spacer but engages better with one... Maybe it's better to leave the guesswork out and get something known to fit well ..... like maybe a monster setup perhaps.....

(I can see why this fitment info and other clutch specs are proprietary.... what a PITA to figure it out yourself)
    It is very expensive to do the R&D, time, parts, and overall cost are incurred with every vehicle we do. I appreciate you throwing that info out there, we modify the slaves so that you don't need a shim. Our packages are shipped to you with no guess work at all, you install them and you enjoy them.

Sorry about the bleeder, there are a ton to choose from, we just offer them at an affordable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Claimslngr View Post
    Monster response!

Appreciate the information it was much needed around here. I would also say your customer service to me so far has been great. I spoke with Matt and he helped me quite a bit. Hopefully when all is figured out we can do some business and I can do a writeup on your product!

And by the way congrats to your partner and their baby! I hope all is well.
    Thanks a ton!

I hate the delayed responses, we're ridiculously busy out here and all the other stuff that is going on is just insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    My brain would asplode putting together a response like that...
    LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    Steve,
    Hi I live in the DFW area, I called Monster awhile back when I thought I needed a clutch.
    I have a 2004 CTSV stock about 350 @ the wheels.
    I plan to keep like this until I decided cam/headers then I want to shoot for 420-430 @ wheels

What's your recommendation for clutch?
    what's your parts and labor costs out the door?
    ....I remember being quoted a "monster" price

BTW, all of from the board know and trust Luke @ Lindsey
    Luke has a good deal with the LS7 clutch kit (clutch+flywheel+slave cylinder) for $625.00

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com
    I won't comment on the LS7 stuff as it is seriously inferior to our product. The plate load, coefficient of friction, and the overall design of that setup is just not performance oriented.

At that power level you have a few options. It really will depend on how you use the clutch versus how much power you make. We will push you toward a Level 3 if you drive aggressively. That is the intro motorsport clutch that can be seriously abused and still be perfect on the street.

Unfortunately for you guys the CTS-V is plagued with a dual mass flywheel setup, so, you must purchase a Premium package for the C6 to make our setup work for you. This means that the clutch packages are not cheap setups, you pay for what you get. All of our clutches are backed by a 12 month warranty against manufacturers defects. We stand behind our product because we know what it will do!

If you were to go with a Level 3 this is what the pricing would look like;
    • Monster Clutch Co. Level 3 Premium CTS-V package w/lightweight flywheel - $974.99
    • Install - $350
    • Tax - $80.44
    • Total - $1405.43

We've since adjusted our install price to better serve our local customers. We called around and the average price for installation of a clutch in a 'V is $500.

[quote=jerrycecco;1984391]
    Their prices are on the website. I believe Matt said it was $300 for install. I'm sure you will be good with a level one or two. That should be around $1100 installed.

I found my notes, a few months ago they quoted me for a level 2.5:
    $960 + $450 labor = $1410

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com
    See above.

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
    Thanks Steve
    I was asking about doing just the flywheel. Will it bolt up with my stock clutch? I assume I'll need to change the slave. Do you sell the parts that will bolt on without any modding? Price?

Tony
    To be brutally honest, your stock pressure plate needs to be thrown in the garbage. Our setups will NOT work with the stock pressure plate or any of the stock components.

Quote Originally Posted by dannboss View Post
    Actually I would like to try it out as I have been considering this. Also want to make sure it can handle a 6k dump.

The offer still stands right?

No, you can't try out my N2O.

Honestly, I believe these clutches are solid. Just need the money, and I will be there.
    If you are looking to do 6k dumps on a consistent basis you need to look at the Level 3. This is why that we say on our website that it is designed primarily for "roll racing" and not intended to be raced for a prolonged period of time. If you want a drag race style clutch you need to move up to the 3.

I did the regular premium. You ordered the Hendrix axles? You should wait for the GForce axels. They will be ready in about 3 weeks.
    Actually you did the C6.

what exactly is the difference between the regular and the c6?

why wait for the geforce axles? Is it going to be one axle like the hendrix econo set? I would feel better just going with both axles, and maybe upgrading to the full 8.8 rear if hendrix makes it down the road for under 5k
    The standard Premium package fits 2004-2006 Pontiac GTO's, 1998-2001 Fbodys, and C5 Corvettes. The C6 Premium fits the C6 Corvette and is the same price for the CTS-V and the SSR trucks.

Wow, just got off the phone with Matt at Monster and these guys are great. Spent plenty of time answering my questions on a lot of topics. Very knowledgeable on their product and many others.

This is just a bump to remind everyone that their sale ends today, $100 off their lightweight flywheel and clutch package and free shipping (worth $50)!

Thanks a bunch gentleman!
    Thank you for the bump!

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    i cant wait to get paid from the recent show i did so i can order a clutch...

Steve... will the 3 be ok on a DD that see's about 300mi a week? i dont want to have to rip it out again in a few months if the 2.5 would be a better option then i will go with that! shortly after the clutch i am looking at cam and headers... then who knows after that... i have no plans of going over 500rwhp but Never say never...lol
    The Level 3 will be perfect, the average (well abused) mileage we get out of the 3's is around the 23k mark.

Quote Originally Posted by 04vman View Post
    Will the Monster clutch accept a UUC flywheel? I've got a light weight flywheel sitting in my garage. At the end of the year i'm going to be replacing my clutch. I would love to go with one of your kits, but I really didn't want to have to deal with selling my UUC flywheel.

How light is your flywheel in the 2 setup?
    The UUC has a completely different stack height and is completely different than the one I use. I would be interested in seeing if my pressure plate will mount to that setup, however, I feel that the overall design of the UUC just isn't up to par for me. I don't like the idea of heli-coiled holes holding together something with enough clamp load to mimic the weight of a car and spinning by your leg at around 6000 rpms, but that's just me...

hey steve, ive been trying to get in contact with you, I would really like to order a clutch but its been impossible to get ahold of you
    I was out Friday and Saturday of last week, I do not see where there was a message left for me... if you can't get a hold of me by phone shoot me an email at steve@monsterclutch.com and I will get it regardless, it goes straight to my phone.

I shot Speed Inc an email back, I never got a message on my machine from Speed Inc. I checked them this morning and my guys verified that there wasn't a message by them on Friday. I did see where they called today when we were on lunch, but again, no message.

Either way, I'll get you taken care of and due to the HUGE mis-communication between us, you, and your installer I'll honor our sale price even though the sale is over.

And as far as the pm, I still cannot send pm's to other members here, I've shot a mod a pm and haven't got a reply yet...

Shoot me an email or give me a call at 817-750-2000.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

thanks for the replies!!!! seems like you get pretty busy during the day and are able to get back to us asap! i like that in a company!!!

now i just need to choose whether 2.5 or 3 is the way for me!

Steve@SNL/Monster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

thanks for the replies!!!! seems like you get pretty busy during the day and are able to get back to us asap! i like that in a company!!!

now i just need to choose whether 2.5 or 3 is the way for me!
    We do get busy, but, you guys are what make us successful, we make time for you!

It's really going to depend on how you drive the V, if you beat on it a lot and take it to the track get the 3, if you roll race and "cruise" get the 2.5.

I will tell you that if you get the 3 and you drive the car hard you WILL find weak spots in the drivetrain, mainly the rear axles, etc.
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster View Post
    We do get busy, but, you guys are what make us successful, we make time for you!

It's really going to depend on how you drive the V, if you beat on it a lot and take it to the track get the 3, if you roll race and "cruise" get the 2.5.

I will tell you that if you get the 3 and you drive the car hard you WILL find weak spots in the drivetrain, mainly the rear axles, etc.

i do alot of cruising, and do drive very hard... i plan on having a few track days next year, and i also plan on upgrading to the gforce axles once they are ready!...

so maybe 3 with 28lb FW and doing minor beating on it for now will be good... when i get the axles... let her loose!!!

or just do the 2.5 and be done with it...

these decisions are hard...

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

i do alot of cruising, and do drive very hard... i plan on having a few track days next year, and i also plan on upgrading to the gforce axles once they are ready!...

so maybe 3 with 28lb FW and doing minor beating on it for now will be good... when i get the axles... let her loose!!!

or just do the 2.5 and be done with it...

these decisions are hard...
    Wouldn't the 3.5 be better for the street than the 3.0?

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Wouldn't the 3.5 be better for the street than the 3.0?
    i didnt even check into that one.... why would that one be better?

i didnt even check into that one.... why would that one be better?
    The 3.5 is better for the street because it is set up to be "chatter free." Otherwise it has the same power holding capacity as the 3.0. If you look the 2.5 is the "chatter free" version of the 2.0. The 3.5 does cost another C-note, but since it is your C-note (as opposed to mine) I figure what the hell...go for it!!!!

The 3.5 is better for the street because it is set up to be "chatter free." Otherwise it has the same power holding capacity as the 3.0. If you look the 2.5 is the "chatter free" version of the 2.0. The 3.5 does cost another C-note, but since it is your C-note (as opposed to mine) I figure what the hell...go for it!!!!
    lol i just went on the site and read it... hmmm so now... i am really thinking the 3.5 is the best... but i will never see 700hp... 550 hopefully someday.. as for the c-notes... i guess i could schwing an extra one... or maybe you split it with me brother?!?!?!?!

lol i just went on the site and read it... hmmm so now... i am really thinking the 3.5 is the best... but i will never see 700hp... 550 hopefully someday.. as for the c-notes... i guess i could schwing an extra one... or maybe you split it with me brother?!?!?!?!
    The check is in the mail. If you do get the 3.5, I suspect you will never want or need another clutch.

maxspeed96ct is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Steve what is the exact weight of your flywheel included in the 975 $ kit ?

Claimslngr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' cts-v infrared

As this was told to me in the 3 series the 3 will chatter to start but will smooth out when breakin is complete. The 3.5 is a solid disc and will lock up instantly without any slip. If the clutch is in a mainly street driven or DD then you want the 3. This allows you to slip the clutch to start. The 3 also gets rid of heat better for road course work. Steve can correct me but, this is how I understood the 3 clutches.

As this was told to me in the 3 series the 3 will chatter to start but will smooth out when breakin is complete. The 3.5 is a solid disc and will lock up instantly without any slip. If the clutch is in a mainly street driven or DD then you want the 3. This allows you to slip the clutch to start. The 3 also gets rid of heat better for road course work. Steve can correct me but, this is how I understood the 3 clutches.
    Fair enough, I was going solely off the written material at Monster's website which clearly suggests that the .5 clutches in each case have smoother operation - guaranteed not to chatter.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.