Clutch Questions? Enter. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions? Enter. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I have a question...say my stock clutch goes out and I want to replace it with something just a bit ...
    AG'S-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Question Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

I have a question...say my stock clutch goes out and I want to replace it with something just a bit beefier but not unnecessary overkill, keeping in mind that I have no other mods on my car and I'm probably going to keep it that way.

What do you have to offer for us stock guys?

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Re: Clutch Questions? Enter.

Quote Originally Posted by AG'S-V View Post
    I have a question...say my stock clutch goes out and I want to replace it with something just a bit beefier but not unnecessary overkill, keeping in mind that I have no other mods on my car and I'm probably going to keep it that way.

I think a level 1 would be what you are looking for. http://www.monsterclutches.com/gm.html

I'll digress to Steve, I dont know much about clutches.

Steve@SNL/Monster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    You prob don't remember but this is Will that had the bmwna email addy from a few wks back.

Ive been thinking about the issue that lolly is having with his setup. I know with the setup you sell you have a spacer to go with the c6 slave in your kit ( your clutches get great reviews by the way). would a ls7 slave be able to do the job without the need of a spacer? Do any other GM vehicles have a slave which would work in a single mass fw application on the v if we wanted to piece together a kit ( for example your clutch but a stock ls2 single mass fw)?

I've been doing alot of reading up on write-ups you have made and things other have said from the f-body crowd, the gto guys and the vette guys. all have been good, I just dont like having to run spacers and what not for drivetrain components.
    I apologize about not remembering you, but, we modify the C6 slave to work, we do not use shims. I'm not sure who told you we use shims, the idea was toyed with, but, we do not use them.

The CTS-V uses a dual mass flywheel, every other GM car (except the LS9) uses a "standard" flywheel so their slave cylinders will not work. If the old fbody slaves would have worked there wouldn't still be an issue with these cars. The GTO, Fbody, and C5 slaves are all the same bases with different hydraulic fittings. We've cut apart all of the stock variants to test this theory and we've proven it, they are the same. The C6 are different monsters all together, and, luckily they share the same basic architecture as the CTS-V's.

FYI - Oh, and I do not and will not sell any of my clutches seperately. You can buy anything we offer with the exception of our discs or pressure plates, those two items will never be sold seperately. Flywheels, bearings, slaves, alignment tools, etc. will be sold individually.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Howdy Steve, and thanks for signing up!
    Hello and thank you for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by AG'S-V View Post

Level 1 or 1.5 will be more than enough for what you're asking, hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by whisler151 View Post
    I think a level 1 would be what you are looking for. http://www.monsterclutches.com/gm.html

I'll digress to Steve, I dont know much about clutches.
    Thanks for chiming in man!
    Steve @ SNL and Monster
    817-750-2000
    steve@monsterclutch.com
    www.snlperformance.com (go fast) / www.monsterclutch.com (get the power to the pavement)

jpoole is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 Cadillac CTS-V

Welcome to the forum! I am looking for a clutch setup and was wondering what the difference is between the 2 and 2.5? Also, I noticed you are kinda local would you offer install?

Thanks.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

so if someone wanted to go with a clutch and single mass flywheel in the c6 style, would your modded slave cylinder work for us across the board or would it only work with your clutch setup.

I was gonna assume it would be the same but so far everything seems more difficult then it should be

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

If we just wanted the flywheel, do you have a "bolt-on" kit for that? Price?
    Also, I may be stupid, but the description for the 2 and 2.5 kits looks the same. What's the difference?
    And by roll racing, do you mean just gunning it while moving? I try to do a few road course track days a year. I'm sure your kits are good for that.
    thanks

Tony
    '05 Platinum l LPE CAI l Magnaflow l V1 (hardwired), w/ custom mount l UUC shifter l UUC Alcantara shift knob l K9 GEAR rear seat cover lHID fogs lHotchkis sways lCG-Lock l Specter Bushings l FG2s l Ground control 550/600 l MAGGIE 439RWHP/414RWTQ (Dynojet) l Heavys fire extinguisher bracket l Interceptor scan-gauge l Billet pedals l Meth l NO HEADERS l Original diff l 90mm upgrade l 2.6" drive pulley l LS7 clutch w/16lb. FW l Alcantara

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

finally some solid answers!!!! i will be jumping on a 2.5 sometime shortly here.... then mite need to get it installed!!! lol

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster View Post
    I apologize about not remembering you, but, we modify the C6 slave to work, we do not use shims. I'm not sure who told you we use shims, the idea was toyed with, but, we do not use them.
    OK I just wanted to make sure. The email response you sent me 2wks ago mentioned having to use a shim. So if a c6 clutch kit is purchased it will come with the modified c6 slave or do we have to mention to you before we order that we would be needing the modification done to it?

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    OK I just wanted to make sure. The email response you sent me 2wks ago mentioned having to use a shim. So if a c6 clutch kit is purchased it will come with the modified c6 slave or do we have to mention to you before we order that we would be needing the modification done to it?
    good question... was thinking the same! or i mite just call in the order!

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Welcome Steve ...Glad to have you on here. I've been talking to Whisler about his clutch you guys set him up with and he seems to have nothing but good things to say about it. When my clutch goes (which it seems it may soon) I will likely use your brand judging by all the positive feedback I've read on here, as well as you becoming a vendor. I will be keeping up to date on this thread. Thanks again.

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Steve, I know that there's alot of proprietary information on vendor's clutch setups (believe me I know from calling around and everyone keeps telling me ask the guy that sold you your clutch) I'm not asking for dimensions or anything (unless you'll give them out ) But would you sell your slave cylinder seperately from one of your packages?

Thanks, we all appreciate all the help we can get.

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Steve, I know that there's alot of proprietary information on vendor's clutch setups (believe me I know from calling around and everyone keeps telling me ask the guy that sold you your clutch) I'm not asking for dimensions or anything (unless you'll give them out ) But would you sell your slave cylinder seperately from one of your packages?

Thanks, we all appreciate all the help we can get.
    guess your install isnt going too smoothly?!?! hmmm.... sorry for your pain bro!!!

Claimslngr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06' cts-v infrared

Steve maybe this is a dumb question but I am trying to do some of my upgrades in steps. If I replace the clutch now with one of your units, will it still work if I need to upgrade my trans. with a Tranzilla or RPM heavier unit.
    Thanks for your service.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

The clutch bolts to the engine ang the bell housing you have to reuse so there should be no reason this clutch wouldn't work with another transmission. The only thing they could change would be the input shaft. I think it tranzilla that has the option for a 31 spline viper input shaft so if you went that route you would need a new disc with more splines but that's it.

CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V

Quote Originally Posted by Steve@SNL/Monster View Post
    Hello all,

I'd like to introduce myself, my name is Steve and I am the owner of Monster Clutch Co. and SNL Performance.

I've been hearing that you guys are in some serious need of some answers when it comes to clutches, and, I've read a few threads on here about some issues, so, I'd like to get your questions answered and get to know some guys on this forum before we start campaigning our clutch components and speed shop services.

I'd first like to let you guys know that Monster has a few clutches out in the CTS-V's and they install easily right out of the box. There are no guessing games, no problems, and you buy everything from one place at the same time. We have 6 different standard levels and 6 x.5 levels that will meet all of your needs. All of our clutches are rated at the rear wheels and are for a 4,000 lbs car with aggressive driving in mind. We don't under rate our clutches, we tell you what they will do and how they will act and we match your car and driving style to the clutch that fits, easy as that. All of our units have a 12 month warranty against manufacturers defects, we don't care if you race it or not, it's warrantied.

We are often immitated and have never been duplicated because we have our own proprietary blends of friction materials and contracts with engineering firms that handle our products and no one elses. While things may look like a Monster, be aware that unless it's green and you bought it from us, it's NOT a Monster!

So, now that I've introduced myself I'd like to field some questions and get to know you guys. I will check this forum once a day for the next week before I start selling.

Steve Addison
    SNL Performance/Monster Clutch Co.

Welcome to the boards sir! Too bad this didn't happen 3-4 days ago, you would have sold me a stage 3.5!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.