How to lower rears even more
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, How to lower rears even more in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I just lowered my V with Eibachs and RC1s spacers. the front sits just as I want, but I think ...
    supergeess is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

How to lower rears even more

I just lowered my V with Eibachs and RC1s spacers. the front sits just as I want, but I think the rear is still a bit high. The rear is lower than stock , but I think another 1/2" or 1" would ber perfect. Any suggestions? I know the answer is probably in this forum somewhere, but I searched and couldn't find the answer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Re: How to lower rears even more

search for MightyMouse

He is a member here and he did a mod that relocates the upper shock mount. That is your ticket.

Thanks

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

IMO MM mod looks pretty ghetto, to me the spacers would make pressure points that over time would weaken the mounting points

I think you need to upgrade to at least the GC setup so you can lower the rear to you likeing. No real cheap solution and the GC setup from what i hear is mod hell depending how lucky you are. With the you have to pay to play

I thinkg MM mod is a pretty good idea. Good to see people thinking of new and creative things. Without R&D, it is hard to tell what will happen over time, but it is still a great idea. I had read a ton of horror stories about GC and was not sure. Plus, I would probably never raise my car once i lowered it to where i want it. Like I said, the front sits perfect, it's just the rear i would like a bit lower. Even with the rears as they are, it looks good.

One question I have with GC: wouldn't you still have the same prblem with the rears, since the shocks want to stay at a certain height. I knoe GC come with a rear schock kit, but to m it seems that the same issue would exist. Even if you lower the springs, won't the shocks want to stay at a certain height? Maybe someone could clarify for me.

As you saw I just recently lowered via Eibach kit. I thought I was going to want the rear to come down more, but I am happy. Maybe after some time the springs will settle a little bit more and might save you the trouble of doing the MM mod. Just a thought, give it a week or two of some driving.

You could always throw some dead hookers in the trunk to break in the springs.

That's what I was thinking. Hopefully the rears will settle a bit more. I'm just a bit anxous cause i want to get an allignment ASAP. But don't want to get it if I will somehow lower the rear more and then have to pay for another allignment.

I think I'll just get the allingment soon and wait to see how they settle.

How long have you had the Eibachs on? Have they settled any lower? Did you the z06 endlinks? What is the purpose for them besides them being obviously stronger and better looking? I'm sure our stocks are strong enough.

I have only had my springs on for a week, but I bought them used from a forum member that put 500 miles on them. I was not able to get the endlinks on due to my inability to drill through the steel sway bar (a new bit should solve that). I purchased the endlinks due to the lowering of the front suspension, the beefier endlinks will do a better job of holding the control arm to the sway bar. Someone on here will have a better technical description, but that is what I have.

Also my alignment isn't off anything noticeable. The wheels don't have any lean and the car tracks straight while not holding the steering wheel. I need new tires badly, so I am holding off on the alignment until I get some fresh meets. I am closing on a house, so all spending is frozen, but will get some fresh rubber after the close. Also soon as I have the new garage to work in, I will be getting those endlinks on finally.

I would hold off a few more days before getting wild and doing the MM mod. If your alignment is off bad, then I would suggest getting an alignment because at the rate our tires run, if you had to get it realigned after doing the MM mod, it would be small change compared to the 1k our tires run.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

the lowest combo to do is Qa1's with eibachs or h&rs, no gc... you will be almost too damn low... there are pics on here some where... think the thread was " my new suspension setup" because he had that and went to gc because he could adjust it...

**i have GC and qa1 and have not had a problem... others complain to much!!!

MIGHTYMOUSE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-v

haha ghetto.

no

any questions i'm happy to answer

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

I cut my eibachs and moded my rear shocks, it's kind of a whldwhl spacer mod taken to the next step. Scroll down 1/2 a page for the how to.
    I did this on my Cts and in my V, never any problems or noise.
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-springs.html
    Here's how my V sits

That's with 3/4 of a coil cut off of the rear Eibachs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.