Hendrix Clutch Assembly
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Clutch Assembly in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Well my Hendrix Clutch finally came in the mail yesterday. Thomas doesn't mess around when it comes to packing...it was ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Hendrix Clutch Assembly

Well my Hendrix Clutch finally came in the mail yesterday. Thomas doesn't mess around when it comes to packing...it was in a wood crate! Nice!

Couple questions: It didn't come with an alignment tool. Does anyone know if I need a special one, or what the spline count is for it? Where do I get one?

Also, should I get this balanced? Or will it not make that much of a difference?

I'm assuming my clutch disc is non-adjustable? I don't see anywhere to make the springs move in/out.

Here's a couple pics.....

Flywheel - I don't have a scale yet, but it is LIGHT!!! I'll weigh it before it goes in, but Thomas said it is only 15 lbs.

Flywheel (other side) - Baby likes it cuz it's shiny

Clutch (Organic Side)

Clutch (Ceramic Side)

Pressure Plate (Front side)

Pressure Plate (back side)

My plan is to take off work friday and start working on it......it all depends on the weather!

EDIT: Sunuva......can a mod fix the Title.....I'm an idiot and didn't spell HeNdrix right. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Re: Hedrix Clutch Assembly

Nice! Aside from the lightened flywheel, what are the specs on it? HP ratings etc.
    Was it reasonably priced compared to other brands? I can't wait to hear a writeup!

Maybe Thomas can get in here and answer those questions......I don't want to say the wrong info.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

nic pics... that one is not adjustable. There are no stepped adjusting ring tension springs or spring stops..

I'm not 100% sure on the alignment tool... let me check my service manual.. I think you need it to line everything up...

PS. make sure your slave has a throwout bearing

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Thomas never stated what his clutches were rated for... something about underpromising and overdelivering.... so I'm sure you'll have to pry it out of him if you want him to commit to some numbers.

My organic/organic is rated at 500HP/TQ so I'm assuming yours with a ceramic side has to be able to beat that HP/TQ number hands down.

PPS. My 26lb flywheel is really smooth.. I didn't lose any OEM feel by losing 20+lbs, hopefully it'll be the same for you. I did manage to lose some driveline clunk from the dual mass POS... and for that I am extremly grateful.... I'm 100% sure you will be as well

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

The time has come it seems.... i might be buying a clutch and axles from him in one shot if the pricing is right

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Service Manual indicates a generic alignment tool.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

It should be 26 spline and you can go to autozone or o'rielly's and get one for a camaro, corvette, gto, with a 6 speed. Any LS1/LT1 tool will work. Yes I said LT1. Going back old school.

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    Thomas never stated what his clutches were rated for... something about underpromising and overdelivering.... so I'm sure you'll have to pry it out of him if you want him to commit to some numbers.

My organic/organic is rated at 500HP/TQ so I'm assuming yours with a ceramic side has to be able to beat that HP/TQ number hands down.

PPS. My 26lb flywheel is really smooth.. I didn't lose any OEM feel by losing 20+lbs, hopefully it'll be the same for you. I did manage to lose some driveline clunk from the dual mass POS... and for that I am extremly grateful.... I'm 100% sure you will be as well
    How much faster are your revs and decels?

Did you have to relearn how to work your clutch? Or just give it more gas when letting it out?

Do you find yourself not using 6th gear like most people have said?

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    It should be 26 spline and you can go to autozone or o'rielly's and get one for a camaro, corvette, gto, with a 6 speed. Any LS1/LT1 tool will work. Yes I said LT1. Going back old school.
    What's a LT1??

Thanks Boss!! I really didn't want to sit there and count em out lol.

I remember Rob saying he used a flywheel tool to hold it while tightening/loosening the bolts.....are those tools easy to find?

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

First things first,there should have been a line up tool ,i fired myself but had to rehire myself to make the post.You can get one from autozone etc,The clutch is already balanced,if you take it somewhere to get balanced depending on how close there machine is to ours is wether they will say its balanced to them,i wouldnt touch it.As far as rating ,thats to subjective most companys besides us rates in a best case ,as in a 3000 lb corvette,not a 4000 lb ctsv.Also how you drive and how good your car hooks up plays a big roll.I have seen other companies rate this system at 775 hp,i will not rate our clutchs,i talk to the owner ask some questions and send him the clutch that will do the job. Like when you order a tq converter.Thanks for the post ,keep us informed

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    The time has come it seems.... i might be buying a clutch and axles from him in one shot if the pricing is right
    When comparing like items were ALWAYS the least expensive

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

looks great! no mod needed to do to anything in the car... just swap it out? what about a remote bleeder? anyway to make one work with this? .. i was thinking ls7 w/ remote but maybe thy this...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    When comparing like items were ALWAYS the least expensive
    When do you think this setup will be ready for sale? Your axles have been solid on here so i think I will go with a clutch you recommend.

54inches is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 V

Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

Nice looking setup.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.