Hendrix Clutch Assembly - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Clutch Assembly in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by liqidvenom i fail to understand how we can have a similar trans, engine and clutch system yet ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    i fail to understand how we can have a similar trans, engine and clutch system yet every other gm vehicle seems to work ok going from clutch to clutch while we are the odd ones out.

How is it that GTO people can run a f body slave yet we supposedly cant. Has anyone even tried using a setup from a f-body or gto yet to test it out?
    Exactly!

I'm not trying to buy every fn slave there is out there just to test this out. I want to know which one I need and be done with it

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

i fail to understand how we can have a similar trans, engine and clutch system yet every other gm vehicle seems to work ok going from clutch to clutch while we are the odd ones out.

How is it that GTO people can run a f body slave yet we supposedly cant. Has anyone even tried using a setup from a f-body or gto yet to test it out?
    I bet you can,on the gto we must take the line off and reuse it on the new f body,other than that it is the same,even has the same part numbeer on it!Heres the kicker f body slave $100 GTO slave $249!!! gm rippin us off priceless.If i had the old ctsv slave to look at the fittings i have a f body here i could get it solved.

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Thumbs up Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

Two questions - Do the other GM cars have the dual-mass flywheel? Do the other GM cars have the same bellhousing in terms of depth?

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Two questions - Do the other GM cars have the dual-mass flywheel? Do the other GM cars have the same bellhousing in terms of depth?
    No, and No

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

I have a stock slave you can compare.

Hey ,loly give me a call please.I would be scared to take it to a SHOP that has me doing the guess work ,they should be pros and know how to install a clutch!I told you from the start i have not put one in the v so i wouldnt tell you what had to be done.I dont want to muck up the monster thread but i dont need any one to test ANYTHING this system has been in cars for 2 years!This has realy turned into a mess,not what i was looking to do.This is a verysimple install for someone who KNOWS what there doing.

pootie is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Hey ,loly give me a call please.I would be scared to take it to a SHOP that has me doing the guess work ,they should be pros and know how to install a clutch!I told you from the start i have not put one in the v so i wouldnt tell you what had to be done.I dont want to muck up the monster thread but i dont need any one to test ANYTHING this system has been in cars for 2 years!This has realy turned into a mess,not what i was looking to do.This is a verysimple install for someone who KNOWS what there doing.
    Isn't Loly doing the guess work for you. From what I've read in these threads, Loly has to figure what has to be done to get the clutch to work in the V's and you will then use that information to supply a complete kit to the community.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    No, and No
    the dual mass is the difference.. which throws off the slave, and the bellhousing...

Hey Darkman... you recall anything or the people that had piced together clutch solutions that failed? I'd be nice to just ask what they had and what they think went wrong... I've heard some whispers of the C6 slave being.... (short lived) Is that what you were referring to? or was it something else?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    the dual mass is the difference.. which throws off the slave, and the bellhousing...

Hey Darkman... you recall anything or the people that had piced together clutch solutions that failed? I'd be nice to just ask what they had and what they think went wrong... I've heard some whispers of the C6 slave being.... (short lived) Is that what you were referring to? or was it something else?
    My recollection is that the failures related to bolting together components that were incompatible in terms of clearances (i.e. the spacer issue) as opposed failure by any particular component. I also believe these events always involved elimination of the dual-mass flywheel.

Quote Originally Posted by pootie View Post
    Isn't Lolly doing the guess work for you. From what I've read in these threads, Lolly has to figure what has to be done to get the clutch to work in the V's and you will then use that information to supply a complete kit to the community.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    My recollection is that the failures related to bolting together components that were incompatible in terms of clearances (i.e. the spacer issue) as opposed failure by any particular component. I also believe these events always involved elimination of the dual-mass flywheel.
    Ya that makes me want to puke just thinking about it. I'm quite surprised that this issue hasn't come up alot sooner than now. Guess everyone's oem clutches had about a 3-5 yr life span.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    dont you think you should have tried to get all of the stuff strait b4 shipping a box of shit to a customer and saying here... see what works... then when he asks you questions you dont answer them, i.e. what slave needs to be used; what flywheel is this?!?!?

a mess is correct same bs that is happening with the Eco axle... and i believe LOLLY is VERY knowledgeable in the mechanics department and with the help from others should be able to figure it out but cant.... that comes back on YOU to give us the know-how (dont you have 2 1000hp gtos or something? or did you not help out with that?)

sorry guys but it's driving me nuts!!!!!! i need a beer!

I guess there is one on every forum

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post

dont you think you should have tried to get all of the stuff strait b4 shipping a box of shit to a customer and saying here... see what works... then when he asks you questions you dont answer them, i.e. what slave needs to be used; what flywheel is this?!?!?

a mess is correct same bs that is happening with the Eco axle... and i believe LOLLY is VERY knowledgeable in the mechanics department and with the help from others should be able to figure it out but cant.... that comes back on YOU to give us the know-how (dont you have 2 1000hp gtos or something? or did you not help out with that?)

sorry guys but it's driving me nuts!!!!!! i need a beer!
    do you have some personal beef with thomas? did he nail your gf or dump your sister? every thread he has you have been negative in.

what has anyone done for the v drive train wise this year on the level that this guy has? i dont see any economy axles from any other vendor that is paying to be on this site. just alot of talk that something is coming out soon. why not take a break and wait to see whats what when the chips fall.

all you are doing is trying to get a vendor to leave the site and i cant understand why.

Heck I feel for lolly as well. I'm an engineer and it baffles me how on earth this car could have been out for so long yet this is just now coming up. but if all the first forums members where as hot tempered as you I can imagine why none made anything for the v. just not worth the investment for the tiny return on it.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

do you have some personal beef with thomas? did he nail your gf or dump your sister? every thread he has you have been negative in.

what has anyone done for the v drive train wise this year on the level that this guy has? i dont see any economy axles from any other vendor that is paying to be on this site. just alot of talk that something is coming out soon. why not take a break and wait to see whats what when the chips fall.

all you are doing is trying to get a vendor to leave the site and i cant understand why.

Heck I feel for lolly as well. I'm an engineer and it baffles me how on earth this car could have been out for so long yet this is just now coming up. but if all the first forums members where as hot tempered as you I can imagine why none made anything for the v. just not worth the investment for the tiny return on it.
    i have no problem at all white H.E.... just pisses me off that i need a clutch and i was definitely hooked on this product then when nothing falls together... and no questions get answered correctly... he back pedals and says oh well guess i should have checked all that out... yes this car is extremely different then all others! thats why we all love it! but when you make promisses and say its the best its the best it holds more then any thing out there... BUT IT DOESNT EVEN GO TOGETHER SAID! and cant give anyanswers why... THAT BAFFLES ME!!!! i dont want anybody to leave this forum... but when people need help... HELP THEM!!! oh just call me i dont know what im doing... w.e i'm done with this b.s. i'm ordering the monster clutch... HE SEEMS TO HAVE DONE HIS RESEARCH!!!!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.