Hendrix Clutch Assembly - Page 4
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 123
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Clutch Assembly in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering Yes,but the manufactors like to rate for best case ,then when you have a problem they ...
  1. #46
    thebigjimsho's Avatar
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    In the barrel of a gun...
    Posts
    49,414

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Yes,but the manufactors like to rate for best case ,then when you have a problem they tell you that your cars to heavy!...If i guy calls me for a clutch and i make a recomendation i stand behind it 100% ,no excuses.
    You and Zuki...

  2. #47
    CTS-Voodoo's Avatar
    CTS-Voodoo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Raven V
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    AutoRepairSEO.com
    Posts
    951

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Another Hendrix clutch/flywheel combo has been sold gentlemen. Ill be taking pics of the install and doing a full writeup as well.

  3. #48
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    ok i mite have to jump on this and my damn motor mounts... something is loose in my clutch assembly... at idle you can hear shit rattling... as soon as you put tiny pressure on clutch pedal it disappears.....

  4. #49
    darkman's Avatar
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    7,041

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    ok i mite have to jump on this and my damn motor mounts... something is loose in my clutch assembly... at idle you can hear shit rattling... as soon as you put tiny pressure on clutch pedal it disappears.....
    The checklist in the service manual for Clutch Rattle, with clutch engaged or disengaged, is as follows:
    1. Idle rattle clutch engaged – replace engine flywheel due to faulty springs.
    2. Clutch is improperly installed.
    3. Clutch disc splines and input shaft splines worn.



    The checklist in the service manual for Clutch Noisy, with clutch engaged or disengaged, is as follows:
    1. Pilot bearing is worn.
    2. Release bearing is damaged or worn.


    These assume, of course, that the issue is not something really simple like loose change in the ashtray, or some loose a heat shield underneath, etc.

  5. #50
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    The checklist in the service manual for Clutch Rattle, with clutch engaged or disengaged, is as follows:
    1. Idle rattle clutch engaged – replace engine flywheel due to faulty springs.
    2. Clutch is improperly installed.
    3. Clutch disc splines and input shaft splines worn.



    The checklist in the service manual for Clutch Noisy, with clutch engaged or disengaged, is as follows:
    1. Pilot bearing is worn.
    2. Release bearing is damaged or worn.


    These assume, of course, that the issue is not something really simple like loose change in the ashtray, or some loose a heat shield underneath, etc.
    YOU ARE THE KING!! thank you so much! i'm sure the noise and vibrations are coming from that!

    how much time/cost is it usually to have a clutch installed?

  6. #51
    darkman's Avatar
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    7,041

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    how much time/cost is it usually to have a clutch installed?
    Standard (flat rat manual) time is 4 hours. My dealer charged me 6 hours when I changed mine out. As you know, labor rates vary a lot. Local shops here start at around $60 per hour; my dealer gets $110 per hour.

  7. #52
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    571

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    Another Hendrix clutch/flywheel combo has been sold gentlemen. Ill be taking pics of the install and doing a full writeup as well.
    THANKS We look foward to it!

  8. #53
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    i want to get some reviews on this b4 i jump in.... if not i will just do ls7....

    but i do want to comment... h.e. you wont rate it, but you say it will hold more then the ls9 clutch?!?! ok.

  9. #54
    darkman's Avatar
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Spring, Texas
    Posts
    7,041

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Actually, I don't know of any evidence that an LS7 clutch is either equal to, or better than, the stock CTS-V clutch.

    Many have always assumed this because the LS7 motor has a higher horsepower rating, but for all I know the GM engineers that designed/specified the CTS-V clutch knew it was going into a 4,000 pound sedan and not a 3,000 pound Corvette and made it stronger than the LS7 unit.

    There are, of course, instances where the engineering specifications are overidden by the financial/marketing types (e.g. the 1.25 inch half shafts in 2004/05) - but I haven't encountered any evidence that such is the case with the clutch.

  10. #55
    ctsv154's Avatar
    ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Age
    29
    Posts
    4,158

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    The stock clutch is really good for a stock clutch. I think most go to the LS7 just to go single mass and because it did come on a car with 505hp, it has to stick at least as good as the V's. What I would be interested in is a PP that will bolt to an LS7 flywheel without breaking the bank.

  11. #56
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Actually, I don't know of any evidence that an LS7 clutch is either equal to, or better than, the stock CTS-V clutch.

    Many have always assumed this because the LS7 motor has a higher horsepower rating, but for all I know the GM engineers that designed/specified the CTS-V clutch knew it was going into a 4,000 pound sedan and not a 3,000 pound Corvette and made it stronger than the LS7 unit.

    There are, of course, instances where the engineering specifications are overidden by the financial/marketing types (e.g. the 1.25 inch half shafts in 2004/05) - but I haven't encountered any evidence that such is the case with the clutch.
    hmmm.... this is true... now kinda leaning towards the H.E. clutch.... only thing is... is the 15lb flywheel too lite for the v?

  12. #57
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    571

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    hmmm.... this is true... now kinda leaning towards the H.E. clutch.... only thing is... is the 15lb flywheel too lite for the v?
    I would recomend the clutch to anyone with 600 hp or less,after that i would like to get a feel for there driving habits,we might need to step up clamp load and disc material,which we have readily avalible.FYI we also have a servicable 25 lb flywheel as well.Thanks for the consederation.

  13. #58
    Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    571

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Also keep in mine i never sold the axles saying they would eliminate wheel hop either,i think they work pretty well

  14. #59
    SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    889

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    i drive hard! i only have acorsa for now put future plans are to heads cam intake manifold tb headers, and if you were to beef up the one you have now and also with the 25lb flywheel... how much are we talking?

  15. #60
    V-Love's Avatar
    V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    North Cuba
    Posts
    1,547

    Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

    Quote Originally Posted by CTS-Voodoo View Post
    Another Hendrix clutch/flywheel combo has been sold gentlemen. Ill be taking pics of the install and doing a full writeup as well.
    Nice! Good addition to the library.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting