Hendrix Clutch Assembly - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix Clutch Assembly in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SoJersey05V looks great! no mod needed to do to anything in the car... just swap it out? ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix Clutch Assembly

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    looks great! no mod needed to do to anything in the car... just swap it out? what about a remote bleeder? anyway to make one work with this? .. i was thinking ls7 w/ remote but maybe thy this...
    I haven't taken measurements of the Hendrix setup just yet...but I will. I'll match them up with Nmaier measurements (thanks Boss) and make sure everything is the same as his stock LS7 setup. I'll be the guinea pig and make sure there aren't any discrepencies. Hendrix told me it's the same as an LS7 setup, so you'll need a LS7 slave (which is longer than LS6 slave and shouldn't need a spacer)

I have the LAPD remote bleeder that I plan on installing while I have the trans out.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    I haven't taken measurements of the Hendrix setup just yet...but I will. I'll match them up with Nmaier measurements (thanks Boss) and make sure everything is the same as his stock LS7 setup. I'll be the guinea pig and make sure there aren't any discrepencies. Hendrix told me it's the same as an LS7 setup, so you'll need a LS7 slave (which is longer than LS6 slave and shouldn't need a spacer)

I have the LAPD remote bleeder that I plan on installing while I have the trans out.
    sounds good brother!!! whats the price of that clutch?

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    sounds good brother!!! whats the price of that clutch?
    That's a great question for Thomas!

Also, are you guys all subscribers of the "500 miles stop and go" break-in period for clutches? Or what do you think?

Also, are you guys all subscribers of the "500 miles stop and go" break-in period for clutches? Or what do you think?
    thanks man... and i always heard the 500mi deal... no down shifts for 500... lol that was on my boys STI with spec stage 3

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Get some feedback when you can. I hit 60k miles the other night and am still on my original clutch with a number of track days. It's only a matter of time...

I'm thinking of tearing into it this weekend man, so I'll see what snafu's pop up in the meantime.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

I will say this, when cars are built they normally get driven quite hard on a dyno and some even get flogged out onto open road ( depending ont he type of vehicle it is). I know the cars here at work show up with 1-3miles on it and people drive them like the stole it..... never heard any issues about them having to baby them.

But i would do what you feel most comfortable doing.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I will say this, when cars are built they normally get driven quite hard on a dyno and some even get flogged out onto open road ( depending ont he type of vehicle it is). I know the cars here at work show up with 1-3miles on it and people drive them like the stole it..... never heard any issues about them having to baby them.

But i would do what you feel most comfortable doing.
    Ive never know a highly regaurded shop to beat on a car with a new aftermarket clutch EVER.A stock clutch uses a different type of material and is ready to go out of the box,but will not hold much power.You want to get numorous heat cycles,with stop and go driving ,the full disc you have will not take as much breaking in as a puc style.Its hard to give MILES you need in town driving ,i would say 300 or so miles you should be ready to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Ive never know a highly regaurded shop to beat on a car with a new aftermarket clutch EVER.A stock clutch uses a different type of material and is ready to go out of the box,but will not hold much power.You want to get numorous heat cycles,with stop and go driving ,the full disc you have will not take as much breaking in as a puc style.Its hard to give MILES you need in town driving ,i would say 300 or so miles you should be ready to go.
    The man has spoken! Thanks Thomas!

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Hedrix Clutch Assembly

How much faster are your revs and decels?

Did you have to relearn how to work your clutch? Or just give it more gas when letting it out?

Do you find yourself not using 6th gear like most people have said?

ROFL giving the fact that they didn't bleed it and it's got boiled fluid in it... I have only driven my sweet upgraded V for a weekend... the clutch engagement was slightly different... I think because of the thinner flywheel and longer slave... but no biggie there... engine revs and decels MUCH faster... very much more "peppy" (if that's even a word)

The feel is fantastic and almost like the OEM boat anchor..

I can tell you drivelink clunk went down a TON so getting rid of that dual mass flywheel was worth it... you sir are going to love it.

price?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Yeah I was just speaking on the side of an OEM company.... i have no idea the process that goes into breaking in an aftermarket clutch.

i just know we build cars and they begin to get beaten like red headed step children.

rand49er is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I'm thinking of tearing into it this weekend ...
    No you're not! You're coming here to the WDC on Saturday!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    No you're not! You're coming here to the WDC on Saturday!
    I'm seriously contemplating it!

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

I'm seriously contemplating it!
    If your are taking Friday off to install. A drive to Michigan should give you those precious 300 mile break in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.