Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from MotorMounts Full Review
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from MotorMounts Full Review in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Alright everyone, I said I would write a review of these motor mounts after I had them in for a ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from MotorMounts Full Review

Alright everyone, I said I would write a review of these motor mounts after I had them in for a few days and had driven hard on them so here it is:

1) Idle Quality:
    These mounts have greatly increased the idle quality over the stock rubber/liquid mounts. I can no longer feel any kind of rough idle whatsoever. I do however feel an increased vibration coming through the gas pedal and the driver's side seat of the car. The amount of vibration is not a problem to me, but I would say there is an increased 15%-20% vibration over the stock mounts. Once again, it is not something that is really bothersome to me, but for those who wish to retain a 100% stock plush Cadillac feel these may not be the mounts for you.
    2) Normal Start From a Red Light:
    In this aspect there is not much diffence from stock. I will say that it has become easier to shift into 1st from a stop maybe due to the engine being held into place better and not putting so much strain on the cluth/flywheel/pressure plate. As with the idle quality there is an increased vibration when you first get the car going up to about 4mph. I would rate this vibration increase in the 20%-25% increase over stock. Again, if you are looking for that 100% plush Cadillac feel these may not be the mounts for you.

3) Hard Launch from a Red Light:
    This is where you can really feel these mounts beginning to make a difference. There is no longer any hesitation while letting the clutch out for the motor to "shift" around with the softer mounts. You instantly get your torque/power through the drive line. Due to the hard start you do not notice any additional vibration and the car pulls through first MUCH harder then with the stock rubber/liquid mounts.
    4) Cruising at any Speed
    There is little to no difference in feel between the stock and poly mounts when just cruising. There is 0% increased vibration felt by the driver when cruising.

4) WOT From a Roll at any Speed
    Just as with the hard launch you can really feel these mounts making a difference here. Throttle response is improved due to the torque/power being transmitted to the transmission and not being used to turn the motor itself. I tore the stock motor mount with my first 125hp shot of nitrous on the car and never knew how amazing the nitrous really felt until now. The power truly is instant! This is my personal favorite thing that the mounts changed about the performance of the vehicle. It is definitely noticeable and literally put an ear to ear grin on my face when I first felt it. Just as with cruising there is 0% increased vibration felt by the driver.
    5) Increased HP/TQ:
    While I have not tested this yet, I will be back on the dyno within the next 2 weeks to see if there is any difference in the low end HP/TQ due to the motor not shifting around when you initially go to WOT. I will keep you all posted.
    Overall I think Max (MotorMounts) at Ultra Mounts did a fantastic job with these mounts. They look great, the work great, and they really did improve the feel of the vehicle 10x over! He has been talking about making a slightly softer poly mount too for you guys that want something that feels stock but will last "forever". I can't wait until his trans mount comes out and hopefully I'll get to be a tester this time around *cough cough*. Either way the Ultra Mounts trans mount will be going in my car!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Ultra Mounts Poly Motor Mounts from MotorMounts Full Review

Nice write up. Thanks.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Thanks Ted! These will be my next mod.

jnrandall is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Hey SkullV, I may have to re-dyno also. I thought I was crazy to think there were some lost horses or torque found. I tried to ignore it but it bugged me for a couple of days. Sat evening I was out with some friends. My buddy, who has been in the car several times, both a passenger and a driver, and at illegal speeds was in the car. He asked me what I did to the car. I said what do you mean. He said its pulling a lot harder than before. I told him I only changed the mounts. I then pulled 1st and 2nd gear again. Now mind you, all 3 of us are about 260lbs each. He said the car is definately pulling harder, despite the weight. He thought I got a 75 shot or something added. Again I told him nope, only the motor mounts.

I may not be crazy at all!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

nice write up, how was the install?

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Stock clutch, diff bushing, and exhaust manifolds? I think you had Corsa.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    nice write up, how was the install?
    Dealer installed them under warranty. They covered the labor I covered the parts.

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Stock clutch, diff bushing, and exhaust manifolds? I think you had Corsa.

Norm
    Huh?

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

my next also... just got back from hot august nites in RENO, NV and my buddy picked me up in my car... needless to say i have not missed the horrible feeling of shot MM's!

NICE WRITE UP... but a quick question... the spacers... are they needed? if so do they go between frame and MM or between MM and Motor...? thanks

No spacers necessary. Those shims were sent with the "tester" mounts to get the motor height correct with the poly mounts. The production mounts that you will get include no shims.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

All those mods make noise. Just curious what your collection of noise makers were? Clutch, intake, headers...

Norm

CAI, Headers, High Flow Cats, Magnaflow Cat-Back and the KARS diff brace will be on with the rest of the KARS III once my new diff is in.

tommy compton is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V

Just installed one ultra mount(passenger side) didn't have time for the other tonight. My stock mounts are shot, weren't leaking oil until I removed it. I took it for a rip with one ultra mount and one OEM, man what a difference, no more clunk shifting from 1st to 2nd( was sounding like my engine was hitting my strut brace and slamming back down) So smooooth. Car now goes into first gear nice and easy, it's almost like driving a different car. Can't wait to put the other one in.
    Wasn't too bad for the install, never removed the manifold or the starter, figured the passenger side would be worse so did that side first. It was harder getting the old one out rather than putting the new one in. Just because I tried taking the oem out in one piece with the brackets, now I know better.
    If you plan on taking them out without removing the starter, disconect the battery or you may get a spark show(I also know better now)

I put my shim on the top(I had one of the last sets of prototypes)

I don't know if it has increased vibration or noise and don't notice anything and I really don't care LOL.

I will be adding a UUC transmission mount to the mix until Max gets me one of the prototype transmission mounts. I'll let you know how that combo is soon.

Bump for Max! These mounts are great guys! 2 auto-x and a bunch of miles and they are still going great. I will have a similar review of the trans mount Saturday.

8's on a drag radial is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

how much and how can you order them?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.