Maggie spins but I have no boost!!!! - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie spins but I have no boost!!!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Damn security tokens! I had this big long thing typed out and...................... yeah. Short version, money sent, blower goes out ...
    ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Re: Maggie spins but I have no boost!!!!

Damn security tokens! I had this big long thing typed out and...................... yeah.

Short version, money sent, blower goes out in the morning, its getting ported (I dont care), the snout rebuilt, new coupler, and new pins. Total for everything $380. I'll let you all know when I get it back!

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

I was going to ask what you decided to do. I'm curious to see how it works out. I got mixed reviews so not sure I want to be the guinea pig with you lol.

Yeah I've had several tell me no dont port and then the guys that say they have no clue what they are talking about. I guess I'll find out. If all else fails I can convert to a 122! Its a win win if you think about lol If it works, I have more power. If it doesn't, 122 here I come!

I want that 122 also but i just dont have the extra coin right now and im itchin to get this damn thing on!

I cant afford right now either. That is the only possible way I can justify buying the 122 lol

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by ctsv154 View Post
    ... If all else fails I can convert to a 122! Its a win win if you think about lol If it works, I have more power. If it doesn't, 122 here I come!
    I like this thinking.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Black Majick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    You know, when I talked to him (Hendrix) today, he just said that it is NOT recommended and he would never do it if he had a MP112. Then we changed the subject. Maybe he can shed some more light on why.

I did a bit of research and found a guy named Joe who works at Magnuson and he had the following to say when someone asked him if it was OK to port a MP112 Maggie:
    I may be way off here but I think there's a misunderstanding here as to the meaning of porting the supercharger. Back when I owned a supercharged Grand Prix, it was common practice to port the supercharger, which entailed smoothing out, re-contouring and somewhat enlarging the inlet and outlet ports from the supercharger housing, hence the term "Porting". Just like in cylinder head porting, this greatly improves air flow into and out of the blower and does not touch the mating surfaces of the rotors nor the housing.

This would be in contrast to "Boring" out the housing wherein one would oversize the housing where the rotors reside in an effort to increase the displacement of the blower. In this case, Joe from Magnuson would be correct in his statement since you would need larger diameter rotors to go along with the oversized housing in order to create a "seal" between them. However this would also necessitate adjusted rotor spacing depending on the size of the overbore, but I'm getting off topic.

If this is indeed the case, you can see where the porting could potentially provide improved supercharger efficiency, translating into more engine power.

This is what Nate told me via eMail (Nate is the guy porting ctsv154's right now).

Hi Dave,
    The port-work involves metal removal throughout the entire inlet and outlet passageways inside the blower's main housing/case.

Black Majick is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 White Diamond Slade, 05 Black CTS-V, 94 White Diamond STS

Exactly. ctsv154, you should have no worries with this kind of modification as long as they know what they're doing. It's a common mod thats been performed successfully for many years to roots type blowers.

Thats what I think! I should be getting it back before long. I'll let you guys know how it turned out!

zinner is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V / 2010 SRX 2.8T

I think those plastic bits are in there to be a cheap weakest link. So if something obscures the rotors instead of something hard and expensive breaking something cheap and plastic breaks.

Only problem was the plstic didn't break, the steel pins did!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.