Help me decide.....!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Help me decide.....!! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Alright, so I can't decide in which order to start my next mods. Quick rundown on what I currently have: ...
    Roidz24 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

Help me decide.....!!

Alright, so I can't decide in which order to start my next mods. Quick rundown on what I currently have: I started with B&B exhaust with x-pipe, but that wasn't loud enough so I had a local muffler shop cut out the mufflers. So now it sounds perfect, VERY loud, but perfect for me. I also have a LPE intake. But anyway, now I am thinking about a cam (don't know which one, still have to research them since I don't know much about them) and also headers (either Kooks or B&B; suggestions?) with high flow cats. I want the car to stay just as loud or louder (hard to imagine any louder) but with more power. Which is the best way to go? Start with a cam then get headers or vice versa? Then a tune? How will either change the sound of my car? Sorry for the long and confusing post, but thanks for the help.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Re: Help me decide.....!!

Get the B&B's!

You can also order the cat bypass so you can run catless.

With no mufflers and an X pipe that ought to be loud enough to provide enough " probable cause" to get you stopped and ticketed (don't ask me how I know).

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Get the B&B's!

You can also order the cat bypass so you can run catless.

With no mufflers and an X pipe that ought to be loud enough to provide enough " probable cause" to get you stopped and ticketed (don't ask me how I know).
    Thanks. So catless=less restriction= even louder? And was it just a fix-it ticket you got for it?

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

B&B headers with no cats will deffintaly increase the volume..+ they are designed to mate up with the cat back so no extra labor on that..

i think oldroadawg is still selling his headers+frontpipes+ all the installation hardware for $1700

heavymetals is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 05 maggied CTS-V, 03 maggied Z06

Catless = LOUD & STINKY

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    B&B headers with no cats will deffintaly increase the volume..+ they are designed to mate up with the cat back so no extra labor on that..

i think oldroadawg is still selling his headers+frontpipes+ all the installation hardware for $1700
    thats a good buy!

i would go headers with cats and bypasses if u can. That way you can be a little quiet if needed. do the headers and tune. then go get the cam. or better yet do it all at once. you'll see more gains with a cam of course but it sounds like u want sound more than anything

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

When Officer Friendly pulls you over for the noise, also ask him politely to check your window tint,,, don't ask.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    thats a good buy!

i would go headers with cats and bypasses if u can. That way you can be a little quiet if needed. do the headers and tune. then go get the cam. or better yet do it all at once. you'll see more gains with a cam of course but it sounds like u want sound more than anything
    Thanks for the info everyone. I might have to just go with headers and a cam at the same time, then get it tuned. Any suggestions on a certain cam with this specific set up?

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    When Officer Friendly pulls you over for the noise, also ask him politely to check your window tint,,, don't ask.
    huh?

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

My order would be:

#1 Short Shifter (if you don't already have one). It makes all the difference

#2 New brake pads. Cheap, and get so SLOW with that GOOOOO. Think about this. A couple hundred bucks. You are braking as much as you are accellerating. Get some hawk HP+'s and have some fun. This mod is SOOOOO underrated....

#3 Headers for sure. Since you already have B&B, I'd get some B&B's, so you can be 3" the whole way. You think it's loud now. Just wait. Especially if you go catless. I hope you saved the old mufflers.

Stop there for a bit, and enjoy. You can do the cam next spring, after the newness has worn off

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    My order would be:

#1 Short Shifter (if you don't already have one). It makes all the difference

#2 New brake pads. Cheap, and get so SLOW with that GOOOOO. Think about this. A couple hundred bucks. You are braking as much as you are accellerating. Get some hawk HP+'s and have some fun. This mod is SOOOOO underrated....

#3 Headers for sure. Since you already have B&B, I'd get some B&B's, so you can be 3" the whole way. You think it's loud now. Just wait. Especially if you go catless. I hope you saved the old mufflers.

Stop there for a bit, and enjoy. You can do the cam next spring, after the newness has worn off

-Chris
    That might be a good idea to wait till next spring to add the cam cause I'm sure the itch to modify will come next spring especially after having the V stored for the winter. And no short shifter, might have to look into that as well. Thanks for the advice.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Definitely do the shifter first.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz24 View Post
    huh?
    Just giving you advance notice, as 'if' you ever get pulled over due to the high decibels, expect the cop to further bust your ballz over things like window tint, as I recently went through such an episode.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

UUC shifter AND bushings. Do something to the suspension. If you think it handles well now just wait. Trust me.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.