Got the K dubs installed today
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got the K dubs installed today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Yesterday I dropped the V off to have KW coilovers put in. I went to the Met game last night, ...
    ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Got the K dubs installed today

Yesterday I dropped the V off to have KW coilovers put in. I went to the Met game last night, and it wasn't ready before I left, so I picked it up before work this morning.

First impressons... much better then before, but I didn't really know what to expect. Steering feel is amazing, but I feel the bumps in my ass and legs through the seat. I'm sure it's just me being anal, and it will go away with time, I just have to get used to the sensitivity. On the highway the car feels like butter. Pavement to bridge transitions are non existant, and it's really smooth versus what I expereinced at low speeds.

I was able to take a jug handle that I am very familiar with, and was surprized at how little to no body roll there is.

The car's stance has been lowered 1"

There was a problem though. When going to do the alignment, the rear toe adjusters were frozen. They were able to heat the right and get it moved, but the left is done. Luke if you are reading, I need two... So the car's not 100% right and I didn't want to totally push it.

One thing, or question I have is about the end links. They said when they were going to put on the links, they are too short??!! I know the are much shorter then stock, but I figured lowering the car would make the difference. Maybe the sway bar is upside down. They explained it to me that attatching it would put the bar at a wierd angle. Is that right? Expert opinons welcome.

I was only able to snap this pic with the camera phone for now, but here's what the kit looks like... I bout it from a local VW/Audi tuning place that was on the KW website as an authorized dealer (peace of mind).

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jweymar is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 05 Eforce LS3 V

Re: Got the K dubs installed today

nice are those shocks adjustable on the KWs? Do you know the spring rate?

pimpcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum/Ebony

Congratulations. Since my car has set #1 from KW, it is always cool to hear experiences from other owners. Do you have plans to purchase their Suspension Techniques matching sway bars?

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

You have Hotchkis sways? Do these fit with the aftermarket sways installed? (not the end links the actual coilover bodies and the sway bars).

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

mike, the looks 10x's better then stock with this setup.. congrats ... whats next on the mod list

DisposableHero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V

so you say the ride quality is better than stock?

Do you have plans to purchase their Suspension Techniques matching sway bars?
    No, I have....

You have Hotchkis sways? Do these fit with the aftermarket sways installed? (not the end links the actual coilover bodies and the sway bars).
    When I was looking at it while on the lift, it appeared to have lots of room between the shock bodies and the sway bar. The stock set up looked like it was very close, now there is room. The guy said if I did the endlinks, it would pull the bar much closer to the shocks.

so you say the ride quality is better than stock?
    Yes definately. Without really pushing it, I can tell a big difference already.

nice are those shocks adjustable on the KWs? Do you know the spring rate?
    The shocks are two way adjustable with adjustable ride height. I don't recall the spring rate, but I remember reading its over 500 front and back. One other thing is that they are lighter. Lifting the box with the KWs in it is much much more manageable then then box with the old stock one's in there.

whats next on the mod list
    really would of liked ORD's BB exhaust.... got a few things in mind, but need to recoup the mod budget after this

I forgot in the original post, big shout to Beardog for tips and setting adjustment advice where to put the settings out of the box.

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Nicely done Mike. The car looks great, and I'm sure it drives even better!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I had them for V day. It's really Jrandall's fault. Watching his car in the rearview, and rolling down the highway was the end all for me.

Luke, what's the tentative date for Vday fall edition?

pveomett is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    Thanks for the compliments guys. I wish I had them for V day. It's really Jrandall's fault. Watching his car in the rearview, and rolling down the highway was the end all for me.

Luke, what's the tentative date for Vday fall edition?
    MVP track time has an event on Halloween at Watkins Glen... You should get a few fellow NJers to caravan up my way for the day.

BUT, I am down for V-day 3.5 this fall Fo Show!

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Spring rates are 10kg/mm (~570#/in) front and 9kg/mm (~514#/in) rear.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Mike the car looked great yesterday, I really see myself picking up a set of these.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

nice. I was thinking about it... but decided on getting wheels as I don't see hard cornering all that much.... and if it's just for stance I could get a cheaper option but then again... might as well do it right

looks great.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Spring rates are 10kg/mm (~570#/in) front and 9kg/mm (~514#/in) rear.
    Interesting. When I was tracking my V at NHMS last week, I was getting a bit of throttle-off oversteer entering Turn 1. Maybe a bit too much. I'm running 650F/700R springs with QA1s(matched at 9 clicks front to back) but I do have 275/40 18 tires in back as opposed to 245/45 18s up front(PS2s).

As for the KWs, how difficult is it to change springs? It looks like they use 2 springs per shock up front, presumably for a progressive rate effect. I've seen that setup before so getting both types of springs must be possible. Does KW offer different spring rates?

Quote Originally Posted by pveomett View Post
    MVP track time has an event on Halloween at Watkins Glen... You should get a few fellow NJers to caravan up my way for the day.

BUT, I am down for V-day 3.5 this fall Fo Show!
    Another enabler, too many on this board. That sounds great, I'll have to talk to the boss and see if I can get off. Always wanted to go there as my parents used to camp out and go to the F1 races back in the day.

nice. I was thinking about it... but decided on getting wheels as I don't see hard cornering all that much.... and if it's just for stance I could get a cheaper option but then again... might as well do it right
    Thank you. I wanted all the options. I liked the ability to adjust them to whatever ride quality I felt like, then lowering was another option I wanted to be able to adjust. The cheaper option, I figured for just a little more $$, no worries, it's done right 100%. I figure I spent 50 on the car new 4.5 years ago, why skimp? If it was a $20,000 VW it would be excessive....

Does KW offer different spring rates?
    From what I understand yes. Beardog might be able to answer your question better, but contacting them never hurt. Unless they have the springs in the US, you may have to special order from Germany.

And... I can't find my f'ing camera. I coulda swore I took it out of the house to go to the meet yesterday...... Couldn't find it last night or today

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.