Got the K dubs installed today - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got the K dubs installed today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; wow.. how do the tires look.. any uneven tread wear?...
    shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Re: Got the K dubs installed today

wow.. how do the tires look.. any uneven tread wear?

Alan F is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    I'm going to Lindsay to see Bill on Tuesday. If I don't need the endlinks we can work out a price. I have them new unused.
    forgot to tell you thanks for the offer, but the new ones are in UPS land somewhere ordered from Luke.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    wow.. how do the tires look.. any uneven tread wear?
    No problems. Alignment is off just ever so slightly.

I'm going to install the endlinks this spring when it gets warmer. I finally solved the banging in the suspension... bad sway bar bushings, again.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by pimpcaddy View Post
    Congratulations. Since my car has set #1 from KW, it is always cool to hear experiences from other owners. Do you have plans to purchase their Suspension Techniques matching sway bars?
    PimpCaddy and other Bay Area V owners who have coilovers:
    I'm finally flying into Bay Area thus July to visit with family.

Love to feel the V with coilovers could not find any in Texas :-(

PimpCaddy I sent you a PM tonite

any others Bay Area V owners, post here OR email directly at
    jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

Someone please give this guy a ride in a lowered V.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Someone please give this guy a ride in a lowered V.
    I've been in a lower Eibach V, what I want is a COILOVER V
    ....as passenger is just fine....

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

how do V's handle with just eibachs? im thinking of doing QA1's with ground control

Anytime I'm in a mod hell foray in the driveway lilg comes over and adds the extra hands at the precise moment needed. He also beat me off the line on Monday so he deserves it.

I saw someone poast on the forum not too long ago their ride height after lower their car. I decided to go see where mine was. (I never checked after they were installed assuming everything was fine) All four corners are different. I figure no big deal, they settled differently. Well it is a big deal, to me atleast. With no lift, I have to constantly jack the car up and down, take wheels off and remeasure all the time.

For instance fronts were 25.5" on the left and 26.25 on the right. I figure no prob, just lower the right 3/4 an inch. That's not that easy and takes up alot of threads moving the spring. So I finally move it about the desired amount measuring with the wheel off the 3/4 of an inch on the threads of the shock. Now the left is lower then before. So I attempt to move it up the desired amount. Well same story with the two rear sides, but they were like an inch off. I try to move the one side up and the other down. All it really seems to do is change how the fronts are height wise now also.

WTF am I doing wrong? It's taken me a few hours, wheels on, off, car up, down, lug nuts.... It's getting annoying and I want to button this up already. Thanks.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I saw someone poast on the forum not too long ago their ride height after lower their car. I decided to go see where mine was. (I never checked after they were installed assuming everything was fine) All four corners are different.

For instance fronts were 25.5" on the left and 26.25 on the right. I figure no prob, just lower the right 3/4 an inch. That's not that easy and takes up alot of threads moving the spring. So I finally move it about the desired amount measuring with the wheel off the 3/4 of an inch on the threads of the shock. Now the left is lower then before. So I attempt to move it up the desired amount. Well same story with the two rear sides, but they were like an inch off. I try to move the one side up and the other down. All it really seems to do is change how the fronts are height wise now also.
    I'm a bit late to the party, but have a few comments.

First, measure ride height from the center of the wheel up the fender lip. That way it doesn't matter what wheels/tires you have on the car - the reference measurement is still the same. If you're tires are running a little low on air (or maybe you just got off the highway after an hour and they're a little high on air) it will affect the ride heights a little if you measure all the way to the ground.

When you are adjusting ride heights, keep in mind that you're moving weight around the 4 corners of the car. That's particularly true if you're making big height adjustments (like 3/4 - 1"). If you're just fine tuning a 1/4" or so, you probably wouldn't be seeing the ride heights changing at each corner.

Last but not least, keep in mind the suspension needs to settle a bit each time you jack it up and then put it back down. Open the door, stand on the door sill, and pump your body up and down (you know, like you used to do as a kid standing on the bumper of the car to drive your parents or your siblings nuts ) to get the suspension to move a bit up and down. That should help.

Thank you. So I'm not really messing it up, it's just natural? I wanted to mess with this again a little tomorrow, but I'm thinking of just bringing it to the guy who put it together. Now it pulls way to the right too. I thought it would be easy / simple, but obvi not.

tony tone is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

also consider your surroundings as far as pavement. it's almost impossible to have an even amount of pavement where you show an even ride height all the way around. get it on a lift, make your adjustments, count the threads on the sleeve from the bottom up and assure the counts are even for your fronts and rears, and call it a day.

don't ask me how i know.

and wow, last time i measured my car from the middle of the fender to the ground it was a hair over 23". bring those KWs doooown. :P

Thank you. So I'm not really messing it up, it's just natural? I wanted to mess with this again a little tomorrow, but I'm thinking of just bringing it to the guy who put it together. Now it pulls way to the right too. I thought it would be easy / simple, but obvi not.
    You've changed the ride heights enough that you've almost certainly thrown the alignment off, which could be why it's pulling.

Quote Originally Posted by tony tone View Post
    also consider your surroundings as far as pavement. it's almost impossible to have an even amount of pavement where you show an even ride height all the way around.
    When I want to get a (reasonably) accurate height measurement and don't have a (reasonably) level garage handy, I go to a gas station. The concrete pads around the pumps are pretty level, better than just going to a random section of parking lot or a typical driveway at a house.

get it on a lift, make your adjustments, count the threads on the sleeve from the bottom up and assure the counts are even for your fronts and rears, and call it a day.
    I wouldn't expect to have even spring perch heights on each side of one end of the car, and I certainly won't have even spring perch heights front and rear. The corner weights are substantially different, which means each spring is holding up a different amount of weight and will compress a different amount.

Keep in mind the KW coil-overs don't have the double height adjustability that I think you're playing with on your coil-overs. The rear KWs aren't even coil-overs, they're just 60mm diameter springs in the stock location with adapters.

and wow, last time i measured my car from the middle of the fender to the ground it was a hair over 23". bring those KWs doooown. :P
    Only if he wants to ruin them by bottoming them out. And for those of us who truly drive our cars , going that low would be impossible. After a couple of track days, this is what the tops of my fender liners look like:

That passenger side one is actually worse now after 2 days at the Shenandoah Circuit running the Karussell. I'll have to replace that one soon, as it's about to fall apart.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I ran lowered at NHMS last summer and ripped my driver's front inner fender well plastic right out and left it on the straight...

I was wondering why one side I can measure say 2 3/8" from the spring perch to the bottom of the threads and the other side 3+ inches. I think I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow before I hand it over. I'll definitely need to measure from from the center of the hubs. I have a gas station right near my house and will do that there. What are you running at, from your hub to fender AI?

23" dayum. At 25.5 or lower I rub the fender and get a high pitched screetch when I go up curb cuts faster then a crawl.

My car is at Lindsay right now, so I don't have access to measure it, and any notes I have on ride height settings are in the glovebox. I'm within KW's recommended bands per the install instructions - which are 13.4 - 14.6" at both ends of the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.