Got the K dubs installed today - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got the K dubs installed today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; You have a pm too!...
    MAPerformance is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Re: Got the K dubs installed today

You have a pm too!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

do you mind sending me a pm on what the group buy costs would be. i would also be possibly be down for a set.

icucmeuc is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm interested as well. Was looking at a couple more months before buying but the credit card can get some use if it's a good deal now... what the hell : )

Haha, you guys have pm's!

And it won't let me reply due to some kinda restrictions cuz I haven't posted enough here... argh...

If I call your number listed on your website, who do I ask for? And how long is the price good for? need to square away with ye olde credit carde company for a 0% for 6 month promo rate on next purchase : )

Haha, give me a call at the shop.

763-545-3800 ask for Adam. I'll get you taken care of.

I can do that rate for a short time, I would like to get some of them moving at this price then bring the price back up. I want to get more of these coilovers in peoples hands to show the forum that these are the bee's knees!

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

interested too.. Adam send me a Pm when you get a chance

Alan F is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V

7 pages and nobody answered the question about where to get or how much or what the part number is on the Z06 Endlinks...or did I miss it? I've seen it before but can't find it...and there's 2 different Z06s these days...man I'm getting old.

CadiBlk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Silver '05 V

Luke at Lindsay for some z06 endlinks. I think they were $25, don't quote me, ask Luke.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Alan F View Post
    7 pages and nobody answered the question about where to get or how much or what the part number is on the Z06 Endlinks...or did I miss it? I've seen it before but can't find it...and there's 2 different Z06s these days...man I'm getting old.
    I'm going to Lindsay to see Bill on Tuesday. If I don't need the endlinks we can work out a price. I have them new unused.

I ordered some of these on Friday (thanks Adam) and looking to install them this weekend.

I've always worked on my own car but I've never done anything with suspension.

I've read the write up here on how to install them and I was wondering for those of you that have done this yourself, are there any special tools I will need or pitfalls I should watch out for? I have access to a spacious shop and air tools but no lift. If they come before Friday I'll be taking the day off then so I have extra pairs of hands to help out... or else I'll be going at this one alone on Saturday.

Spring compressors ... the $50 things you can get at Autozone, seem like the only thing I will have to buy unless I am missing something.

Also, the car will require an alignment after install I am assuming? Will it be ok to drive without an alignment back home (50 miles)?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Be sure and remove the rear seat to access the upper shock mount hardware before you jackup the car.

No special tools (other than the spring compressor you mentioned) that I recall from doing shock changes as long as you have a full set of metrics.

I think you can drive 50 miles, but do get a full four-wheel alignment.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I think you should be able to rent the spring compressors from Autozone or Pep Boys or whoever rather than actually buying them. That way it basically costs you nothing - you bring them back in un-broken condition and they give you the rental fee back.

I think my original write-up is pretty thorough, so there shouldn't be much else to say. As darkman said, you'll be fine to drive 50+mi on them, just get an alignment as soon as you can. Unless you slam the car (which KWs are not designed to do) your alignment won't be so out of whack that it would be unsafe to drive.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Yup, you can rent the compressors. FYI, I bought a set of spring compressors from Harbor Freight for $9.99! They worked great for me and for $10 bucks its nice to not have to drive back and forth.

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

I haven't had my car aligned yet since doing this. My rear toe rods are frozen in place and need to be replaced.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.