Got the K dubs installed today - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got the K dubs installed today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by AAIIIC Nothing like waiting for the last minute to prep for a track day - I've got ...
    thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: Got the K dubs installed today

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post

Nothing like waiting for the last minute to prep for a track day - I've got the endlinks being delivered tomorrow, some Hawk DTC-60s coming tomorrow, some titanium front shims coming tomorrow, and a pair of spare front brake rotors to pick up at Autozone tomorrow. Gotta get all that stuff in hand, then drive down to Portland tomorrow afternoon/evening, then install the rotors and pads, bleed the brakes, and find somewhere to go bed in the pads.
    That usually doesn't work out for me...

Beardog is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Very nice write up on the install and the KW feel. I am interested in seeing your thoughts after track day. Mr. KW himself is here in town for a couple weeks and I will be seeing him. I will show him your posts as this will make him happy to see them.

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

WOW... is all i have to say after getting a ride in mikes V, i didnt believe that these coil overs would make that big of a difference . mike just took me on a ride that i wont forget the car handles unbelievably well compared to my stock V it would blow mine away on the track it was a legit NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE .

Got the T2s on the rear tonight. They are firm, for sure. But they are nice and quiet...

shadybx7 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Platinum CTS V-Headers+3in pipes

Pat, Rota's look great with a drop.. thanks for the pics of the install.

-will

mike, i need a ride i a Kdubed , hook a brother up

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey

Wednesday, the 26th. Wycoff dmv.

I also took lilg on a silly ride through a real twisty road I know real well, and can enjoy what the car can do. I can't wait for the next track day. It might be dangerous.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ahahnu View Post
    A) you are crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    That usually doesn't work out for me...
    This is pretty typical of my track day preps. It doesn't help that, as with previous events, I was originally planning to take one of my other cars, and once that plan fell through I'm into extremis with getting car #2 ready.

B) if you can/will please take a picture of the endlinks attatched to the sway bar. I want to see the angle it is at.... I know everyone is doing them, but is seems like it will be pulling the bar down at a wierd angle. I dunno. Thanks, and good luck this weekend!
    Actually, from my somewhat limited view, they look pretty good. I might be able to get the car on a lift tomorrow - I'm curious to see how level the swaybars are - but they look pretty damn good.

Front:

And rear:

Quote Originally Posted by Beardog View Post
    Very nice write up on the install and the KW feel. I am interested in seeing your thoughts after track day. Mr. KW himself is here in town for a couple weeks and I will be seeing him. I will show him your posts as this will make him happy to see them.
    Please ask Mr. KW if there's some reason the rear adjustable spring perch can't be made with the same type of thread and perch to allow for height adjustment on the car. The front spring perches have a little set screw you tighten down to help lock the perch in place; the rears don't have that, which leads me to believe it's a different style of thread entirely. (I remember years ago reading about coil-overs for one of my other cars, and that there are threads that don't need the perch to have a locking device of some sort because the threads themselves are effectively locked in place once they're loaded by the weight of the car on the springs.)

As I've already pointed out, the directions tell you to actually remove the height adjuster from the vehicle to change the height in the rear, which is horribly inconvenient. It would be just about impossible to corner weight the car, which is one of the primary reasons to have adjustable spring perches at all 4 corners. With every other aspect of the KW kit being so well engineered it just seems really strange to me that they would design the rear height adjustment this way.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Please ask Mr. KW if there's some reason the rear adjustable spring perch can't be made with the same type of thread and perch to allow for height adjustment on the car. The front spring perches have a little set screw you tighten down to help lock the perch in place; the rears don't have that, which leads me to believe it's a different style of thread entirely. (I remember years ago reading about coil-overs for one of my other cars, and that there are threads that don't need the perch to have a locking device of some sort because the threads themselves are effectively locked in place once they're loaded by the weight of the car on the springs.)

As I've already pointed out, the directions tell you to actually remove the height adjuster from the vehicle to change the height in the rear, which is horribly inconvenient. It would be just about impossible to corner weight the car, which is one of the primary reasons to have adjustable spring perches at all 4 corners. With every other aspect of the KW kit being so well engineered it just seems really strange to me that they would design the rear height adjustment this way.
    Yeah, that really is a big deal - seems like a glaringly huge oversight to have made the rears not adjustable while installed. Probably the most important thing you could have pointed out.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Question, Can you adjust the shock firmness easily? do you need to lift the car to do that?

any track comments yet?
    how's turn in ability in the corners?

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

The bottoms aren't too bad. The top you have to remove the rear seat. It all depends on how you like it, the settings I used are a similar to stock setup, but can always make it stiffer. After install you'd want to go for a ride with the back seat still out to see if you need to make any adjustments.

jerrycecco is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The bottoms aren't too bad. The top you have to remove the rear seat. It all depends on how you like it, the settings I used are a similar to stock setup, but can always make it stiffer. After install you'd want to go for a ride with the back seat still out to see if you need to make any adjustments.
    Do you use a long screw-driver type tool to adjust?
    Q: Will a small hole on the top of the plastic trunk housing work to access the adjustment?

I'd like to have if FG2 firm on the street, then rock hard at the track...

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com

That was the best thing about the QA1s. Install with the knobs facing inward and they were easy to reach lying on the ground(and the V grounded) and reaching for the knob. Seconds for each corner...

Quote Originally Posted by jerrycecco View Post
    Do you use a long screw-driver type tool to adjust?
    Q: Will a small hole on the top of the plastic trunk housing work to access the adjustment?

I'd like to have if FG2 firm on the street, then rock hard at the track...

jerrycecco@tx.rr.com
    The kit comes with little tools to adjust. I think one is an allen wrench for the top, and the other is a little thingy (great vocab word) that you insert into a hole on the bottom and adjust. AAIIIC took pictures of the tools and where they go earlier in this thread.

Yes, post 39 on page 3

...and the other is a little thingy that you insert into a hole on the bottom and adjust.
    Yeah. hmm...

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

..and the other is a little thingy....a.k.a the shock spanner wrench.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.