Got the K dubs installed today - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Like Tree5Likes
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Got the K dubs installed today in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by AAIIIC Back from the dead, just to get this out of the archives. KWV3, KWV3s, Variant3, Variant, ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Got the K dubs installed today

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Back from the dead, just to get this out of the archives.

KWV3, KWV3s, Variant3, Variant, KWs, Variant3s.
    Aren't you are supposed to post gibberish when resurrecting old threads?
    AAIIIC and AAIIIC like this.

Manofmetal01 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS-V Kooks 1 7/8, Corsa, KW Var 3, Hotchkis sways

4hrs later, front coilovers and sway bar are in. Time for a beer, some shisha and ufc fights! Finish er up tomorrow...front end looks pretty slick!

Mmm sexy. Let it settle, readjust, align and then wot! Just need some rubber to wrap the f14s and ill be satisfied for a bit..
    Attached Images

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Looks Good!

If your looking to upgrade your sway bar end links this is what I used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G37...item3f238de16b I cranked them down to minimum adjustment. It has THK end links with 10mm threads. Cheaper than Powegrids just not sure if they're exactly the same.
    They are around 1/2" shorter than stock and keeps the sway bar from binding.

I Used Blox (adjustable heim-joint end-links) in the back. I'll let everybody know how long it takes before they start getting sloppy noisy.

While simulating suspension travel I found that the sway bar will bind sooner with stock links (at the upper end of travel) with a lowered car.

I picked Blox because they are shorter than stock and better align to the sway bar.

I chose a high fender setting for the K Dubs because it's a DD and rather not have to worry about bottoming out while driving around town. The fender measurement is now 14" in front and 14 1/4" in back.

mackey and mackey like this.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    Looks Good!

If your looking to upgrade your sway bar end links this is what I used. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Infiniti-G37...item3f238de16b I cranked them down to minimum adjustment. It has THK end links with 10mm threads. Cheaper than Powegrids just not sure if they're exactly the same.

They are around 1/2" shorter than stock and looks to put the bar in a good position. My wheel center to fender measurement is 13 3/4".

I'm sure the CTS handles very well now. Unfortunately, not the same can be said about your fashion sense...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    I'm sure the CTS handles very well now. Unfortunately, not the same can be said about your fashion sense...
    Thanks alot I think? I bought this car new (24,000 miles on it now) and I liked it then. I decided on not changing the stock look which includes the wheels that came with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd
    Looks Good!"
    Thank you sir. I will be doing the end links eventually but for right now they will suffice. Next time I have to touch them they will need to be changed...or use an easy-out as I stripped two of the allen key holes haha...followed quickly with much profanity.
    I believe I measured 13 1/4 or 13 1/2 on the front when I did them on Saturday...I may have measured to the edge of the center cap though...can't remember. You have too much gap for my liking, I want to have the edge of tire tread just past the inside of the finder. To me that's perfect.

Test drive was interesting and exciting...and I need to re learn the feel right before she loses traction...just about spun her in a roundabout at speed haha, that was the closest thing to a "windy" road in my neighborhood! She has a very planted feel now, very planted. I still have the rear seat out, I like hearing the exhaust better inside like that but too much other noise.

Oh, if anyone noticed...yes that is snow in the picture. It fell during my install both days...heavily at times although the picture doesn't show. Lovely April weather here in Alberta.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Iceman_jd View Post
    Thanks alot I think? I bought this car new (24,000 miles on it now) and I liked it then. So I decided on not changing the stock look which includes the wheels that came with the car. Performance is another story though.
    No, I was referring to the bright red sway bars clashing with the bright yellow and bright purple coilovers...

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    No, I was referring to the bright red sway bars clashing with the bright yellow and bright purple coilovers...

I see your point. For a second I thought it was because a non V owner actually had the nerve to post on the V forum... Never mind.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Manofmetal01 View Post
    Thank you sir. I will be doing the end links eventually but for right now they will suffice. Next time I have to touch them they will need to be changed...or use an easy-out as I stripped two of the allen key holes haha...followed quickly with much profanity.
    I believe I measured 13 1/4 or 13 1/2 on the front when I did them on Saturday...I may have measured to the edge of the center cap though...can't remember. You have too much gap for my liking, I want to have the edge of tire tread just past the inside of the finder. To me that's perfect.

Test drive was interesting and exciting...and I need to re learn the feel right before she loses traction...just about spun her in a roundabout at speed haha, that was the closest thing to a "windy" road in my neighborhood! She has a very planted feel now, very planted. I still have the rear seat out, I like hearing the exhaust better inside like that but too much other noise.

Oh, if anyone noticed...yes that is snow in the picture. It fell during my install both days...heavily at times although the picture doesn't show. Lovely April weather here in Alberta.
    Your welcome! Don't try chasing ride height like I did. wait at least 2 weeks to let them settle. I found that even with the end links off trying to corner balance the car the spring height would change day to day front to back and side to side.

Yeah I like my ride height a little higher. 1/4" higher in the back for the raked look and for road trips when I pack the trunk full of crap.

BUT! You referenced your wheels...meaning you already think about it in the back of your head...you know what to do!

I just took a little spin. It was driving straifht after the instal, now pulls to the left on accel and to the right on braking. Measured (on my slightly sloped driveway) and the front right has dropped quite a bit already...from lip to edge of the center cap is 11 9/16 while the driver side front is about 12 1/4. I didnt pre set the fronts, I was excited and over looked the settings while also played around with one when I picked them up. Most likely that low one.
    The rears I installed as shipped and both are sitting at 12 3/4. Again, this is to the edge of the center cap as its easier to find that than center of the cadillac emblem. So I figure 12.25 is perfect for the front and 12.375 will be perfect for the rear.

You would not believe how much the alignment changes when you lower the car. After lowering mine the front camber went from -1 to over -2.2 and the rear was worse over -2.5 degrees. And when camber changes toe goes with it. While adjusting the camber back to specs I'd adjust the toe, which would change the camber a few tenths of a degree. then back to toe... Lots of fun. And yes I do my own alignments.

If your side to side caster was off to begin with that would make a pull even worse now.

No I really don't hate my wheels.

You might have to start over on your install or at least make sure the struts and rear springs were at least adjusted the same (In pairs) and are within the manufacturers specs.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.