I give up. - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, I give up. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Jim, Not sure if it would be worth it or not for one track weekend, however I have a set ...
    trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: I give up.

Jim,

Not sure if it would be worth it or not for one track weekend, however I have a set of Sach T2's sitting at home, that I could send up to you.

I'm not planning on installing them anytime soon. You could 'borrow' them for as long as you like (withing reason )

I lost your # with my last POS phone. PM me, or give me a call (number is the same), if you want to work something out.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Thanks Chris. I'm still not thrilled of the damping on the QA1s. I'm thinking of going back to FG2s...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

So, final story:

Rebuilt QA1s are fine on their own, but you need to use the stock dustshields. The reason being the dustshield mounts up against the pillowmount and keeps everything sandwiched together and solid. When I used a large washer under the pillowmount, it wasn't as wide as the dustshield and would poke through the rubber pillowmount leading to the oscillation affect. If I used the dustshield properly, there would have been no issues.

T2 shocks are what was on teh V for a week before my accident. The shocks have their own top mount. You do not reuse anything from stock. No GC spacers, no Feffman "fix" washers, no custom bumpstops or dustshields. There is just a hardened rubber mount all nicely bolted together. Just bolt in the top mount and bolt in the bottom and have fun. Even though they are much stiffer than FG2s, they are dead silent.

Amsome!!!

Now I've just got to get my V roadworthy again...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.