I give up. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, I give up. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; That's one of the reasons I didn't go with the GC setup, it looked a little too finicky for me. ...
    CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Re: I give up.

That's one of the reasons I didn't go with the GC setup, it looked a little too finicky for me. Hang in there Jim, you'll get it.

Tony, mod hell is an interesting place but if you plan your mods you can avoid many of the pit falls. I have had a couple of mods that I was generally not too happy with but for the most part I am very happy with the mods to my car.

I love my mods (and no I'm not talking about you or Jimmy) and wouldn't go back to stock.

Going to give Ernie a call tonight and see what he's up to. That Mallet V must really be pissing him off. Well after he is done the only thing left that will be mallet on the car is the label. He will be a ble to Hammer a mallet V after he gets that thing running though.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Whatever happened to StealthV's maggie? Is it in mod heaven?

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Just Quit Big Jim!!!!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKvOSm5FcE"]YouTube - For whenever you feel like quitting[/ame]

Now that's sarcasm

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Whatever happened to StealthV's maggie? Is it in mod heaven?
    It's somewhere worse than mod hell- under a pile of dust and cobwebs in Rob's garage.

Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

At least I have a V

Negative on the dust it's actually in pieces, started the work on it agian and had to take it apart because a screw made it into the upper plenum between the intercooler and the super charger. I have it apart and I found one of the gaskets was flattened out and had to order it from Magneson. After I got them I found out they were Buna-N and that's not great for the intake. Problem is Buna-N is designed to take about 200 degrees F and my engine runs right at about that temp. I decided to order some Viton rope and o-rings and I am waiting for those now.

Cool part about the SC from Stealth...
    60 lb injectors
    90mm throuttle body (I just had it port matched to the adapter)
    Boost sensor already installed
    Better fuel rail block
    28 mm pulley
    Volant box

the list goes on.

Just finished installing the Extra bungs on the Header and I will be testing my WBO2 with EFILive very soon.

I am still alittle way out from installing the super charger but at least I am making progress.

Oh yeah, the KARS III I bought from doug didn't fit so I had to cut it apart and it will be going on this week and I will ltake it down and get it welded again. Found an awesome shop for this kind of work and I am going to be talking with them about retrofitting the V with a C3 diff.

I wonder when the stock flywheel is going to give up...

Den_93 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS V

I got a set of Brand new FG2 in the classifieds $900 shipped.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post

At least I have a V
    Harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    It's somewhere worse than mod hell- under a pile of dust and cobwebs in Rob's garage.

And that wasn't?

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

No. That was ... true.

Well if you look at it that way they both are... true

ahahnu is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 LS6 Stealth Grey

retrofitting the V with a C3 diff.
    Been done before........

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

And that wasn't?
    Your maggie sitting there is because you're a lazy ass. Tony has no V because he's a responsible husband who doesn't want his family on a street corner pandering for money...

Well, maybe he's not that badly off...he is a successful salesman for a Cadillac dealer that is NOT on the list of closures...

That's one of the reasons I didn't go with the GC setup, it looked a little too finicky for me. Hang in there Jim, you'll get it.

Tony, mod hell is an interesting place but if you plan your mods you can avoid many of the pit falls. I have had a couple of mods that I was generally not too happy with but for the most part I am very happy with the mods to my car.

I love my mods (and no I'm not talking about you or Jimmy) and wouldn't go back to stock.

Going to give Ernie a call tonight and see what he's up to. That Mallet V must really be pissing him off. Well after he is done the only thing left that will be mallet on the car is the label. He will be a ble to Hammer a mallet V after he gets that thing running though.
    No, actually, minus the little squeaking I first got with the driver's side bumpstop when new, my GC has been perfect. I LOVED the FG2 with 500/550 setup. To me, it was the best compromise of handling and comfort, much better than stock, IMO. But when I blew out an FG2 shock, that was it.

Although now I'm thinking of buying new FG2s if they are indeed warrantied...

Oh, just of note if you didn't catch that. I'm running without a bumpstop in the back. So far so good as far as shock travel goes...

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Is there something special you need for the bump stops? They're not too hard to find and not that expensive, either.

How much bump travel do you have, and is not having the bumpstops a serious limitation? With the spring rates you're running I wouldn't think that bottoming out the strut was really going to be a problem.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.