I give up. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, I give up. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by The Tony Show Don't go down Mod Hell road- my enjoyment level decreased every time I modded ...
    CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Re: I give up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show

Don't go down Mod Hell road- my enjoyment level decreased every time I modded the car. With each mod comes new, strange noises, things going wrong, things not working with each other, etc, etc. After the initial joy of the mod wears off (3-5 days), you're left with a louder, stiffer, "rattley-er" car that feels more like an F-body than a Cadillac.

Switch the cans, put a UUC shifter in it, then leave it the hell alone and drive it.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Tony you almost have to join MOD HELL if you want a decent track car.

Mine is stock and I leave the track pumped every time....complete with ear to ear smile. I feel like they made this car for the track(minus diff). It takes out many a car. Although, lately, I been thinkin' about a little something just to hold em' off on the straights.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by LUVMY04V View Post
    BTW what does that dairy farmer thing from under yo name is that a Broc Lezner reference? LOL
    The comments (and my avatar) are from the old PC game "Secret of Monkey Island". They just re-released it with new graphics on XBLA, and playing it again reminded me of how much I enjoyed it as a kid.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

That's why it's not called "Mod Heaven."

But, to express another side to doing mods, if you blaze the trail, then chances of something going wrong are much higher. As for me, I'm a follower. We all owe a lot to those guyz who were the first on all this stuff. Even with those experiences from those pioneers, there is still risk being the tenth or twelth guy doing something. I've been luckier than most, I think, but then except for V-Day I, I don't track, and that may be part of the reason.

Sorry for your woes, bigjim. You'll be back on the track soon enough.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    The comments (and my avatar) are from the old PC game "Secret of Monkey Island". They just re-released it with new graphics on XBLA, and playing it again reminded me of how much I enjoyed it as a kid.
    Guybrush Threepwood!!! I totally forgot about that game but I had and played the first 2, 3 or 4 of them that they made, I forget how many there were. I loved those games as a kid!

LUVMY04V is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 04 cadillac cts v

Ah i see .... funny that a dairy farmer is now one of the scariest guys on the planet

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

I remember having a demo for that game......

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    On an FE4 rear shock the rod measures 0.392 inch in diameter. This necks down to 0.350 inch diameter for the last 1.450 inch of rod length for the threads and tip.
    Thank you. I also saw you post that on the other thread.

Quote Originally Posted by smashn808 View Post
    Wow, the guy who has an answer for everything can't figure it out?! I'm shocked!
    You see, some people actually figure out that teh intrawebz isn't the real world. I have my fun here from time to time, but when meeting in person I've had a lot of good conversation with a lot of members here. And I get the feeling that most like me.

Hopefully, you sir, are the same. Because, right now, you seem like a little, stinky twat...

Quote Originally Posted by heavymetals View Post
    Ask Ernie how many track days he has missed waiting for his Mallet to get done.

He is pushing close to a year.
    You mean lunarx? Where has he been lately?

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    That's why it's not called "Mod Heaven."

But, to express another side to doing mods, if you blaze the trail, then chances of something going wrong are much higher. As for me, I'm a follower. We all owe a lot to those guyz who were the first on all this stuff. Even with those experiences from those pioneers, there is still risk being the tenth or twelth guy doing something. I've been luckier than most, I think, but then except for V-Day I, I don't track, and that may be part of the reason.

Sorry for your woes, bigjim. You'll be back on the track soon enough.
    I typically follow and still thought I was with the QA1s. But these were not properly spec'd for my car and came without bumpstops on the back. Tell you what, though. I can disassemble and reassemble my suspension without thinking about it anymore.

I just don't want to ever do it again...

smashn808 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 Radiant Silver CTS-V, 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    You see, some people actually figure out that teh intrawebz isn't the real world. I have my fun here from time to time, but when meeting in person I've had a lot of good conversation with a lot of members here. And I get the feeling that most like me.

Hopefully, you sir, are the same. Because, right now, you seem like a little, stinky twat...
    Settle down cowboy, i was just having some fun too. Did you start your menstrual cycle today?

Seriously though, i hope you figure out your suspension issues.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i have a set of foam GC bump stops if you have any use for them... let me know jimbo!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by smashn808 View Post
    Settle down cowboy, i was just having some fun too. Did you start your menstrual cycle today?

Seriously though, i hope you figure out your suspension issues.
    internet sarcasm, FTW!

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    i have a set of foam GC bump stops if you have any use for them... let me know jimbo!!!!!!!!!!
    I may...let you know soon...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.