Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by SoJersey05V hey if these ones cost $600 or up and they break under basically stock app.. then ...
    darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Re: Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed!

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    hey if these ones cost $600 or up and they break under basically stock app.. then he will have to fix the problem and send out some replacements.... easy enuff...
    I somehow doubt that the Hendrix-Engineering business model is based on this scenaro.

945liter is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Lol YOUR an everyday driver with CAI and catback making 340rwhp. MY car is my only CAR my daily it sees rain storms dirt i work in the port for god sakes i go thru shit roads off roading almost and i have 77k miles on my car 400+rwhp daily

I need those axles! you see me rolling out like a baby for hop still went trapped 110+ with no tune and bolt ons wanna go back from 12s@116+ cammed.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHZizUKRFcQ"]YouTube - vinny ctsv run 13 2 110[/ame]

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

UPDATE!..Bars at the heat treaters,should have them ready to go friday.Not bad 1 week to desighn ,make ,and asemble a new piece!

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    UPDATE!..Bars at the heat treaters,should have them ready to go friday.Not bad 1 week to desighn ,make ,and asemble a new piece!
    Pricing?

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Pricing?
    Not yet,we want to make sure it is a fix first.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Pricing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Not yet,we want to make sure it is a fix first.

Keep us updated

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Just in case anyone wonders if the "pro-axles" work, I now have proof courtesy of the Dallas PD. Exhibition of acceleration and failure to signal! To be honest I don't think he saw a thing, just heard it. Damn cutouts! lol

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Kmajecki View Post
    Just in case anyone wonders if the "pro-axles" work, I now have proof courtesy of the Dallas PD. Exhibition of acceleration and failure to signal! To be honest I don't think he saw a thing, just heard it. Damn cutouts! lol
    How were you supposed to signal your exhibition of acceleration?

BacDoc is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    Smoke signal?

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    lol I turned right at the next light and didn't signal...

Exhibition of acceleration: $293
    Improper Turn: $190

Im just glad it was in Dallas. Last ticket i had in Dallas i was still on deferred from a prior ticket. So i scheduled for a court date which was after my deferrment ended thanks to how busy they are, then when i went to court they just called my name and said it was dismissed. Gotta love big cities, too busy spending time on the big fish to deal with someone fighting a minor traffic offense. Schedule another court date, get the officer to appear, gather the data etc.. all to get $300 bucks outta me? Seems like it'd cost more than it's worth. Hopefully that'll happen again

He asked about my cutouts, which i was truthful about, he seemed to not be as concerned since they were after the cats. Then he got on me about how the engine sounds great but my brakes are crap, then i said well they're 4 piston Brembos on 14.1" rotors, then his partner "they arent crossed drill or slotted!"... I was ready to discuss how some actually feel the drilling can weaken the rotor and cause minor cracks etc.. but just figured it was best to get a lesson on CTS-V brakes instead. Did you guys know gases build up under heavy braking and can push the pad from the rotor? If they are drilled the gases escape... etc... Geeez maybe i should have fired up the nitrous the purge valve when he wasnt ready and laughed my ass off!! hahah Makes me happy to think about it but of course i'd never do it.

**Edit:Man that thought of laughing in his face when he jumped is really cracking me up and it didnt even happen!

I was polite and considering i had the cutouts open, was speeding (although not clocked), no front plate, front tires are prob bad, and had the nitrous bottle on.... I'd say i got off fairly easily

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

... i had the cutouts open, was speeding (although not clocked), no front plate, front tires are prob bad, and had the nitrous bottle on ...
    For $483, I'd be .
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

http://tdcaa.infopop.net/2/OpenTopic...65&m=192100503

Just a quick search, might be time to pony up for a lawyer, it will still cost you the same $$, but probably will get it all off of your record.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Exibition of acceleration? That's a new one to me, never heard of it.

So if I go from 0-45mph in 3 seconds on a road with a 45 mph speed limit, I can be ticketed for getting to the speed limit too fast?

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

....but just figured it was best to get a lesson on CTS-V brakes instead. Did you guys know gases build up under heavy braking and can push the pad from the rotor? If they are drilled the gases escape... etc....

Pretty funny story ....when you get into a conversation with a cop about cars you usually get off the hook. Or so it has seemed with my luck

odla is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Exibition of acceleration? That's a new one to me, never heard of it.

So if I go from 0-45mph in 3 seconds on a road with a 45 mph speed limit, I can be ticketed for getting to the speed limit too fast?

Yes you can.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.