Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSV_510 It sounds good but will it stop wheelhop? Worked for me for a while. Check out ...
    Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe
    Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    It sounds good but will it stop wheelhop?
    Worked for me for a while. Check out the video: www.YouTube.com/555ctsv
    But like I said, for a while. Not sure about long results. Dakman makes a good point about the hollow axles, especially the stock 04/05 sets

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

Re: Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed!

Someone said earlier something around 600 bhp on these "econoversion" of the axles. Is that right? Because I want to do a maggie down the road as well

malfeas99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

To answer the questions of a couple folks here, I've got an LS2 V with a wait4me tune and magnaflow exhaust. I've got headers and a K&N intake on the table ready for my next bonus to drop in soon.

I think this is a good opportunity for those of us who are fairly casual drivers; people that use the V as a daily driver and maybe do a track day or autocross event every once in a while, but get most of their spirited driving out of the way with a foot down off a stoplight or around a corner occasionally.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by c4ss View Post
    Someone said earlier something around 600 bhp on these "econoversion" of the axles. Is that right? Because I want to do a maggie down the road as well
    600 is with a cage replacement which is not being done yet,we need to see what the stock iners will take to decide wether to spend thousands of dollars for a one off piece.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

just pm me when all of this is ready! lol

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by malfeas99 View Post
    To answer the questions of a couple folks here, I've got an LS2 V with a wait4me tune and magnaflow exhaust. I've got headers and a K&N intake on the table ready for my next bonus to drop in soon.

I think this is a good opportunity for those of us who are fairly casual drivers; people that use the V as a daily driver and maybe do a track day or autocross event every once in a while, but get most of their spirited driving out of the way with a foot down off a stoplight or around a corner occasionally.
    No offense..but that's kind of weak to be the test bed for these axles. If you are the tester how will we know what these can actually handle? I'm not saying that it should be me...but I am saying that the testor should be making 400+ hp at the wheels whether it be NA, FI, or Nitrous...

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    600 is with a cage replacement which is not being done yet,we need to see what the stock iners will take to decide wether to spend thousands of dollars for a one off piece.
    This seems like a stat that will not be attainable with the test vehicle that you have chosen.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    No offense..but that's kind of weak to be the test bed for these axles. If you are the tester how will we know what these can actually handle? I'm not saying that it should be me...but I am saying that the testor should be making 400+ hp at the wheels whether it be NA, FI, or Nitrous...
    no, because all the other axles he sold are being used by people who drive their cars only when its sunny and hasnt rained for 2wks.

when you buy axles you hit a strip and try and see how deep you can get into a fast time at the track. not so you can do burnouts on youtube... that doesnt prove anything at all. its like 15-20 cars with no wheel hop and lots of power that have done nothing with it.

if this guy gets these axles and goes to a track and pulls a 1.8 60' i'll say thta he has done more for us axle wise then anyone else.

c4ss is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, Black

In aggreeance to SkullV:

Nothing against the guy who caught this first, because God knows I wish it was me , but I think a maggied test mule would make more sense as well.

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

a maggie test mule that isnt going to hit the strip is as useless for a tester as if you gave it to a v6 cts.

launching and putting stress on the drive train components is how you test something like this out...not just burnout which break them loose.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

I think some of you are missing the point,this test is to prove that it stops the wheelhop PERIOD .If i gave it to a guy with 500 hp someone would say i dont have 500 can you make something for 400 hp,lol cant seem to please every one.The bar i will be using will hold 600-700 np,thats something i already know.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I think some of you are missing the point,this test is to prove that it stops the wheelhop PERIOD .

malfeas99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_510 View Post
    Precisely. Glad I didn't have to say it.

Believe it or not there was a pretty long phone conversation and consultation about what was going on, why it was going on, how it was going to go on, and what would be the general aim and goal of this entire exercise. If I hadn't been a good candidate for this then I'm sure I would have been passed up.

Believe me, I was just as surprised as anyone to be the first to get on this; seems like on the internet someone has -always- been there before you.

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

I can certainly appreciate this guy being the test mule. When or if the stock cv can't handle the power, who knows what else will be damaged, I would think a flailing axle could tear up some important underbody components.

I already bought the other axles and bought them for one thing, to stop wheelhop. I wanted wheel hop cured for fun occasional burnouts and to hopefully prolong my diff life. I didn't buy them to be #1 on the strip. So far the axles have delivered exactly what they were advertised to do and I am sure the econo version will as well.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

hey if these ones cost $600 or up and they break under basically stock app.. then he will have to fix the problem and send out some replacements.... easy enuff...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.