Cadillac Owners Forum banner
22K views 280 replies 45 participants last post by  JimmyH 
#1 ·
Looking for some one to test a new version of our antihop axles.You we need to install the axle and give us some feed back.The first one to call me will recieve the axle free of charge in exchange for giving us a review of how great it is:) We are looking to provide a solotion for the guys that dont track there cars every week with a 1000 hp .This will be avalible for everyone once we get threw the testing phase.Please call for the details

#194 ·
not really because the building my dad rents out to these guys have 6,7,8,9, and 1000 hp civics that they have role out of there and they do NOT pay that much for half shafts , im most likely just gunna have them make me some half shafts because hendrix arent reasonably priced its just to much. unless somebody comes out with cheaper half shafts

#195 ·
Good. I'm sure you can get them done at a reasonable price by those guys.

Of course, after the design and manufacturing of the first set, which may or not stop wheelhop, the "reasonable price" will have factored into it that they will be custom one-off half shafts for a car they don't see or work on and has very limited future sale potential compared to the number of civics out there.

Do it and report back here ASAP.

#199 ·
Guys i hope the tester gives me the thumbs up this week and we can start rolling these out.Im shooting for a price of $399! with us doing the labor ,which wil include cleaning,inspectine your parts,replaceing the bar,boots,clamps and assembling with highend grease.For the guys that what to do it there self i will provide the axle,boots,clamps and grease for $299!!!

#200 ·
I'm sure that after I get my Maggie on, I'll be NEEDING some of these axles. I would have already got some but the misses (maggie) comes first :D

#201 ·
Now thats what I like to hear.

#205 ·
Hey all, got the axle in over the weekend. Sure is a handsome piece of kit!

Should be able to get this installed shortly, I'll keep in contact with Hendrix Engineering and work through any issues if they come up, otherwise giving a stellar review and thumbs-up after some shakedown testing.

Cheers!

#215 ·
I don't want to be the killjoy on these shafts but...

They do indeed work. But not 100%. If you load up the axles with torque (i.e. a hard launch) yes they work well. Lots of spin, no hop.

But for moderate street starts, you can still get a little bit of hop. Though it is nothing like stock.

#219 ·
I don't want to be the killjoy on these shafts but...

They do indeed work. But not 100%. If you load up the axles with torque (i.e. a hard launch) yes they work well. Lots of spin, no hop.

But for moderate street starts, you can still get a little bit of hop. Though it is nothing like stock.
You just described my specter bushings. Hope your wrong though.

#226 ·
I do have the Hendrix axles (the full package) and I did not say they don't work. They do. They just are not the miracle fix everyone was hoping for. For that matter, I fully doubt there is a 100% fix to be had (unless you install a live axle).

I was just hoping they would cure the hop on light take-offs. They don't. But if it is a burnout you desire, these axles do deliver. My rudimentary engineering knowledge tells me that for the unequal diameters to have an effect, there has to be sufficient load on the axles. Without sufficient load, these axles really do not do anything different than the stock axles do. And why would they? Aside from the 1/8" diameter difference, they are pretty much identical.

Having said all that, I don't really regret installing them. One situation where I am fully satisfied is throttle oversteer. I know some of you guys didn't have an axle tramp issue during oversteer, but my car, for whatever reason did. These axles have cured that problem.

As for evidence of a successful, tramp-free burnout, I offer this:

disclaimer: I neither admit to, nor do I condone this behavior :D

#227 ·
Oh, and as of yet, I have not had a launch opportunity on concrete. And I doubt I will anytime soon. Around Chicagoland, you don't find a lot of concrete, except on densely traveled main roads and expressways.

Desolate backroads and such (pretty much the only places I am comfortable experimenting) are all asphalt.

#229 ·
I will only respond too say there is NOTHING in a proline axle that be compared as like stock,someone could also have contributing factors,wore out ruber couplers,u joints,outer bearings etc that could contribute to hop after the axles are installed,something to consder:;)

#230 ·
I will concede that point. And I am considering specter bushings as my next upgrade.

However, my car has 16000 miles, so I doubt worn out anything is contributing to my situation. I do think the tires I had installed at the same time might have been part of the problem. I bought them used, they were sitting so long the surface of the tires was like a hockey puck. They are well scuffed up now though, and it seems, it seems, like the hop is getting even more diminutive now.

My only concern is that once the hop starts, it continues all the way to redline if I don't back off. But it is not like the hop I had before I got the axles. It is more of a chatter. But the bottom line is that it is still present in some situations.

#232 ·
There is another issue at work here. How does my definition of wheel hop compare to anyone else's here?

I never thought it was that bad to begin with. And I have contended with wheel hop on several other cars I have owned.

The deciding factor that prompted me to get these axles was the hop I was getting on oversteer. The fact that these axles have gotten rid of that satisfies me. I am only bringing it up because I don't want some noob coming in here who just bought a V to think these axles are the fix-all cure for wheelhop.

I still contend (and plenty of others agree with me) that the miracle cure does not, nor will ever, exist.

#233 ·
just want to add my .02 ive got a thousand miles on mine with no hop, on all driving conditions. hard launch, half launch, normal driving, and burnouts. some times i do get tire churp, lets not confuse tire churp with the cradle slamming the bottom of the car, or at least, thats what my wheel hop sounded like! which ive had nothing close to since my axles were installed.
thanks

#234 ·
Good for you. That is good to hear. Truly. And I am sure there are plenty more guys out there who will install these axles and not get any hop. Like the guy from Hendrix said, there are a lot of contributing factors to wheel hop. It just so happens that in my case, I am still getting a little hop. And there will likely be more like me.

I just want to note what my thesis is here: I am not telling anyone not to buy these. I am just stating for the record that no one should come into this forum believing there is a 100% guaranteed fix for wheel hop to be found. I doubt there ever will since I don't think anyone, GM included, knows for 100% sure all the factors that combine to create wheelhop.

One other thing. I havent experienced full blown wheelhop since I took the F1s off the back. The RSA seriously diminished it; and I think it was diminished somewhat when I first got the car since I have FG2. So my recollection of "major" wheelhop is somewhat hazy; and maybe that wasnt even as bad as some guys got.

And I will say this also; when I was running F1s on my Maxima, I had wheelhop that was twice as bad as any hop I got on the V with the RSAs.

So like I said in the previous post; what I am calling wheelhop (that I am still getting) may not even be what you guys consider wheelhop. I said it was more of a chatter. There is certainly no "slamming" I can tell you that for certain. But it is not the pure spinning that (I guarantee you) someone who eventually will come along is going to expect.

#236 ·
even a little fishtailling :D
Do you condone this? :sneaky:
Unless I hear something really bad, I'm sure I'll be getting this axle. But I'm glad I don't have the funds to get it right away. It's not like I'm a repo man like Randy :canttalk:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.