Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by vseries Just because we have Cadillacs doesnt mean we should be bending over and taking it in ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed!

Quote Originally Posted by vseries View Post
    Just because we have Cadillacs doesnt mean we should be bending over and taking it in the @ss. Your making it sound like your doing us a favor when in fact your looking into this because of COMPETITION . If you werent so greedy in the first place others may not be looking at the other alternative.
    how is he greedy? our axles cost as much or less then other vehicles they produce them for. the fact he is even making stuff for us and our tiny non performance based market speaks volumes of him.

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

And who cares....as long as we get parts to choose from. Let the vendors battle it out.

Don't F it up for the rest of us by calling vendors greedy.

V-Eight is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1991 Sedan Deville

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Just for the record guys,we are the ONLY drivetrain company that offer axles for the ctsv that has never had one single failure NONE period.We have been selling axles for years and are in all the record setting gtos with NO failures.We heard your cry for a cheaper solition but keep in mind you are going to be using your stock parts that were built for a V6!.I know several will never get to the level to NEED our pro axles but you can do it one time and be done.The reason will we offer this other solition is becase i know we can do it with the right parts to offer some piece of mind.There is a difference with Hendrix-Engineering parts ,buy the best Hendrix-Engineering
    Does the V have the same axle as a regular CTS?

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Hendrix has provided a great product to us already and is trying to make things more affordable. Competition is part of business and if you want to keep making money you have to keep up or stay ahead of the competition. Anyone owning their own business has a right to be greedy. Competition also brings us V owners diversity and price drops. I see nothing wrong with it.

Now a question for Hendrix...what kind of HP will these be rated for? or will we have to wait to get this info when they get tested??

Guinea Pig......get them axles in and give us some feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    how is he greedy? our axles cost as much or less then other vehicles they produce them for. the fact he is even making stuff for us and our tiny non performance based market speaks volumes of him.
    I agree. The Hendrix-Engineering high-grade axles are competively priced as compared with others in that general performance range. Now a lower grade is being developed for those with more modest performance needs/wants.

vseries is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

I appreciate vendors coming forth making products for our cars as well ,But what I dont appreciate is being taken advantage of because we have Caddy's , I've seen it happen all too often . An axle is a piece of machined metal with splines on it , Come on people yes its worth it to some to rid a problem but it is what it is. NOW all of a sudden there will be an ECONOMY version for us cheapos!! LOL. Just my 2 cents maybe I should not have posted this here so therefore I wont take up any more thread space here.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by stuckey View Post
    Hendrix has provided a great product to us already and is trying to make things more affordable. Competition is part of business and if you want to keep making money you have to keep up or stay ahead of the competition. Anyone owning their own business has a right to be greedy. Competition also brings us V owners diversity and price drops. I see nothing wrong with it.

Now a question for Hendrix...what kind of HP will these be rated for? or will we have to wait to get this info when they get tested??

Guinea Pig......get them axles in and give us some feedback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Its tuff to say,with using stock pieces you dont reley know what it will hold till it breaks,thats the problem.Ive always been the type to do it once,do it right.I have thought alot about this as one failure could posibly take out your rear,then with the expence of the rear and this cheaper axle you could have just bought the pro level axles and been on the road and never have a worry of breaking an axles or a rear breaking becase of an axle failure.At the end of the day i decided to let you guys decide.I am looking at replaceing the cages,the next part that will fail with the stock pieces but it is a costly investment,with cages it would probaly be good to 600 hp.

Quote Originally Posted by vseries View Post
    I appreciate vendors coming forth making products for our cars as well ,But what I dont appreciate is being taken advantage of because we have Caddy's , I've seen it happen all too often . An axle is a piece of machined metal with splines on it , Come on people yes its worth it to some to rid a problem but it is what it is. NOW all of a sudden there will be an ECONOMY version for us cheapos!! LOL. Just my 2 cents maybe I should not have posted this here so therefore I wont take up any more thread space here.
    Thank you

Kmajecki is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe

Anyone remember the old days when madman had the only fix for like $8k? Then everyone was saying man if i could get it fixed for like $3k i'd be all in. Then Hendrix comes out with a fix for about $1600 and a few jump in and then people start saying, man if i could get it for $800 i'd be all in.... Whats next? $400 and i'll be happy???

Just kinda funny if you've been here for a while to see that. I know theres a big jump between $800 and $1600 but keep it in perspective. Yes axles are axles, but if you're only going to sell 10-20 sets, you have to charge a lot to make back your money. Like others have said in the past, if it's so easy come out with your own solution for less. There is a much higher volume of GTO's mustangs, and vettes which is why many of their parts cost less. You wanted exclusivity and uniqueness when you bought your V, this is part of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Its tuff to say,with using stock pieces you dont reley know what it will hold till it breaks,thats the problem.Ive always been the type to do it once,do it right.I have thought alot about this as one failure could posibly take out your rear,then with the expence of the rear and this cheaper axle you could have just bought the pro level axles and been on the road and never have a worry of breaking an axles or a rear breaking becase of an axle failure.At the end of the day i decided to let you guys decide.I am looking at replaceing the cages,the next part that will fail with the stock pieces but it is a costly investment,with cages it would probaly be good to 600 hp.
    Do you make entire rear ends?

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Do you make entire rear ends?
    I would develope a bolt in kit for the v if its needed,using a 8.8 or the 9 inch like we have for the gto.

Yeah, so what is it exactly that goes wrong with these car. Is it the wheel hop caused by a bad axle that caused the diff to explode? Therefore if you replace the axle you get rid of wheelhop and pretty well eliminate the risk of ruining the diff?

Quote Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
    Yeah, so what is it exactly that goes wrong with these car. Is it the wheel hop caused by a bad axle that caused the diff to explode? Therefore if you replace the axle you get rid of wheelhop and pretty well eliminate the risk of ruining the diff?
    Yes,up to the point that the rear cant take x amount of power,we just havnt found what x is yet.

Ok cool, because I'm probably gonna buy one of these cars in a few years, so I hope all is well by then

malfeas99 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

I'm looking forward to helping out with the R&D and doing a writeup and review. We'll keep everyone updated, no worries.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.