Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by shadybx7 understandable concerns about assploding diffs... we need some fearless guys who are made of money to ...
    liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Re: Hendrix-Engineering econo axle tester needed!

Quote Originally Posted by shadybx7 View Post
    understandable concerns about assploding diffs... we need some fearless guys who are made of money to go to the strip and throw down some runs
    lets look at some things here..

we have heard that the race cts-v and many other cts-v that undergo serious abuse use the stock diffs.

we know that wheel hop leads to us having diff issues

so if the wheel hop is gone it should give our diff a good level of reliabilty that we havent seen before.

I would imagine if our cars stock came with these axles we would only hear about diff failures with serious hp or et times

but what do i kno.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

so what are the 60ft times for s with the hardcore 1000hp axles?? 1/4mile times?
    Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    Get the axles, and let us know!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I agree!
    understandable concerns about assploding diffs... we need some fearless guys who are made of money to go to the strip and throw down some runs
    Jeeze guys! Someone let me borrow a set of these 1000hp axles for a weekend and I'll have 1/4 mile times NA and Nitrous...I can't believe all you guys got these ridiculously expensive axles to take some videos to post in a forum!

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    I can't believe all you guys got these ridiculously expensive axles to take some videos to post in a forum!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Jeeze guys! Someone let me borrow a set of these 1000hp axles for a weekend and I'll have 1/4 mile times NA and Nitrous...I can't believe all you guys got these ridiculously expensive axles to take some videos to post in a forum!
    this...

Well...I PMd to get Hendrix to send me a set of axles for free with a guaranteed 1/4 run both NA and nitrous.......

...and he said no. SOMEONE please put these axles to the test. I'm glad GTO's work well with them at the strip but a GTO and a CTS-V are NOT the same car.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Well...I PMd to get Hendrix to send me a set of axles for free with a guaranteed 1/4 run both NA and nitrous.......

...and he said no. SOMEONE please put these axles to the test. I'm glad GTO's work well with them at the strip but a GTO and a CTS-V are NOT the same car.
    Actually i offered you a GREAT deal,which has now expired.Lets see the gto is 3800lbs,ls2 motor ,tremec six speed and irs rear,sound familure?I think alot of guys bought these axles to have a hopfree ride to the store and back ,not to beat there cars at the dragstrip,that is why you dont see any time slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Actually i offered you a GREAT deal,which has now expired.Lets see the gto is 3800lbs,ls2 motor ,tremec six speed and irs rear,sound familure?I think alot of guys bought these axles to have a hopfree ride to the store and back ,not to beat there cars at the dragstrip,that is why you dont see any time slips.
    Dude I wasn't trying to attack you in any way. I was simply trying to light a fire under these guys asses to go out and hit the strip/track and get some results that don't involve the street. I appreciated your offer but there was still no way I can afford the axles! MAYBE the econo axles if I'm lucky! I knew you weren't going to give me the axles for free I was just hoping you would try and get these guys going too!

manciniat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts-v

thats it! i dont know why everyone thinks because there are no drag times with these, they dont work. the hop stops, instantly! ive got about a thousand miles on mine. hard driving, i dont baby the car when im in it. the axles perform very well light to light, believe me.

Quote Originally Posted by manciniat View Post
    thats it! i dont know why everyone thinks because there are no drag times with these, they dont work. the hop stops, instantly! ive got about a thousand miles on mine. hard driving, i dont baby the car when im in it. the axles perform very well light to light, believe me.
    Maaan you guys are missing the point. I completely believe that the axles work. That is not what is in question. The question is how will the performance (launch capability) of the car change with the axles. Like I said before, the GTO is a great comparison and a great example, but it is not a CTS-V. Once again I am not trying to attack Hendrix in any way, I know they make a great product, and have excellent customer service, and when I can I will purchase a set of their axles. The fact that there are no drag times will in no way deter me from buying the axles. I WILL buy them. I along with many others just want to see on paper how the axles perform at the track!

i would be glad to run down the track a few. we dont have a quarter mile around here, just an eighth. ive never been, always wanted to. it would be great to all get together for a track day, somewhere around between il and in. we could run each other for braggin rights

Deal, when you get your V back form EPP let me know when and we can go to US41 in Morocco, IN. It is a decent 1/4 strip. Plus I just want to see a V in person with a cam!

sounds great, im hoping friday. i didnt notice any difference from before the axles to after. just that the hop is gone. before i found this site, i didnt know about the diff issues. i guess i just got lucky. i leave at the green light now just like i always have.

They are completely worth the money as far as I am concerned. I just don't have the money! I just want to see some results!

lilgCTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 06CTS-V BOLT-ON,06JEEP TJ BUILT, 91 350SDL turbo(daily)

not really because the building my dad rents out to these guys have 6,7,8,9, and 1000 hp civics that they have role out of there and they do NOT pay that much for half shafts , im most likely just gunna have them make me some half shafts because hendrix arent reasonably priced its just to much. unless somebody comes out with cheaper half shafts

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by lilgCTS-V View Post
    not really because the building my dad rents out to these guys have 6,7,8,9, and 1000 hp civics that they have role out of there and they do NOT pay that much for half shafts , im most likely just gunna have them make me some half shafts because hendrix arent reasonably priced its just to much. unless somebody comes out with cheaper half shafts
    Good. I'm sure you can get them done at a reasonable price by those guys.

Of course, after the design and manufacturing of the first set, which may or not stop wheelhop, the "reasonable price" will have factored into it that they will be custom one-off half shafts for a car they don't see or work on and has very limited future sale potential compared to the number of civics out there.

Do it and report back here ASAP.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.