Gforce Engineering half shafts - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gforce Engineering half shafts in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; I better get this stuff dead on the first time, LOL You guys mean business!...
    GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Gforce Engineering half shafts

I better get this stuff dead on the first time, LOL
    You guys mean business!

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

no man we will give you a few chances!!! lol got trust in you!

So what would a fair price be for a stub to stub kit with the large staggered axles be? I might be able to come up with something that will make everyone happy.

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
    I dont have solid pricing yet but yea, it wont be that much. Especialy if you swap the axles out yourself.
    going by that post... i'd say anything you came up with would be good... what kind of HP rating are we looking at? and this is axles for both sides too...

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    going by that post... i'd say anything you came up with would be good... what kind of HP rating are we looking at? and this is axles for both sides too...
    Yeah, no one (ok, maybe 2 or 3) here is putting down enough power to question the integrity of our stock axles (half shafts). We are just looking for a fix to the annoying wheel hop. And apparently the different sized axles (half shafts) fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    Yea, I'll make axles for both sides. Unless everyone just wants the one large diameter.
    The axle itself will hold alot, 800-1000 hp, who really knows as I've never had one of our axles broken.
    The weak parts will be the OEM inner and outer joints and the diff.
    It's not so much that the OEM parts are junk, it's the fact these cars are not light weight drag cars, they are heavy luxury cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
    Yea, I'll make axles for both sides. Unless everyone just wants the one large diameter.
    The axle itself will hold alot, 800-1000 hp, who really knows as I've never had one of our axles broken.
    The weak parts will be the OEM inner and outer joints and the diff.
    It's not so much that the OEM parts are junk, it's the fact these cars are not light weight drag cars, they are heavy luxury cars.
    ok so lets say a 500-600hp upgrade... one side is bigger the other is stock diameter but stronger material (or however you think it would work) and a better set of joints... not "overly hp rated" i'll say (although that buffer might be nice to have, it is not nessesary)

I've got an idea, let me research it a bit for costs and I'll let you all know.

sounds good to me!!!

richdash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

I tell you what, if you can come in around what people have been asking for which seems to be a 300-600 solution for wheel hop or at least to eliminate most of it to let us have more fun, then I would bet you sold a whole lots of those kits. I mean hell we watched a couple people jump on almost $1800 axles and even a few opt for a $200 grease option... The rest of us sit here waiting on a solution. I will be honest with you though. Without mentioning names of course other brands seem to not do so well in the bang for the buck area. I don’t ask for cheap just a fair price and my wallet is open when that becomes a reality. I do like hearing that it would be more upgrades then a single piece of bar stock that another brand might be indicating as their $300 possible solution.

As mentioned before, I am still patiently waiting and keeping an eye on this thread!

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by richdash View Post
    I tell you what, if you can come in around what people have been asking for which seems to be a 300-600 solution for wheel hop or at least to eliminate most of it to let us have more fun, then I would bet you sold a whole lots of those kits. I mean hell we watched a couple people jump on almost $1800 axles and even a few opt for a $200 grease option... The rest of us sit here waiting on a solution. I will be honest with you though. Without mentioning names of course other brands seem to not do so well in the bang for the buck area. I don’t ask for cheap just a fair price and my wallet is open when that becomes a reality. I do like hearing that it would be more upgrades then a single piece of bar stock that another brand might be indicating as their $300 possible solution.

As mentioned before, I am still patiently waiting and keeping an eye on this thread!
    I thought you were gonna have a set custom made for cheap by a honda shop?

stuckey is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post

richdash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    I think you have the wrong person, your post dumping is lame though even if i was to have a cheap set made by a rice tuner. I however never mentioned anything like that before or thought about it at all. Keep your little smart ass comments to yourself and watch who you make them to or at least make them to the correct people.

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Quote Originally Posted by richdash View Post
    I think you have the wrong person, your post dumping is lame though even if i was to have a cheap set made by a rice tuner. I however never mentioned anything like that before or thought about it at all. Keep your little smart ass comments to yourself and watch who you make them to or at least make them to the correct people.
    oh snap!

lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

oh snap! x2

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.