Gforce Engineering half shafts - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Gforce Engineering half shafts in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Subscribing and interested in axles at a reasonable price too!!!...
    vseries is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2013 ATS Turbo

Re: Gforce Engineering half shafts

Subscribing and interested in axles at a reasonable price too!!!

the dumontster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

interested in a 1 piece drive shaft!

perfect is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS-V Platinum

count me in for the "interested in axles at a cheap and reasonable price"

GFORCE1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    In addition to the driveshaft I do also have a complete rear cradle... shocks, springs, diff, hubs, trailing arms.....everything. I think we should talk
    Give me a call, 316-650-4270 if you dont mind.

Thanks
    Chris

richdash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

there could be lots of money in a wheel hop solution at a price point near your other vehicles solutions...

So if I was to design and make just the axle shafts that you could swap out yourselves (the kit would only be the axle shafts and not the inner or outer stubs and cv joints) could I base them off of 04 half shafts ? Are they all the same as far as axle spline diameter and spline count?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
    So if I was to design and make just the axle shafts that you could swap out yourselves (the kit would only be the axle shafts and not the inner or outer stubs and cv joints) could I base them off of 04 half shafts ? Are they all the same as far as axle spline diameter and spline count?
    The 04-05 half-shaft assemblies (inclusive of inter and outer stubs and CV jonts) are interchangeable with the 06-07 half-shaft assemblies.

The 04-05 shafts are 1.25 inches in diameter (hollow) and the 06-07 shafts are 1.5 inches in diameter (also hollow). So some sub-component must be different.

I have a set of each (05s & 07s). (I now run the Hendrix-Engineering axles).

So your saying the inner and outer stubs are all the same?
    Hollow huh? Well, mine wont be hollow. They will be solid 300m, the strongest steel you can use to make axles with.

rjoffe is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

One of the solutions used in the 09 V's is to have different torsional spring rates on the different half shafts. This seems to reduce wheel hop. Do you have plans to use different materials, sizes, heat treatments,etc to achieve different spring rates on the half shafts ?

So your saying the inner and outer stubs are all the same?
    Hollow huh? Well, mine wont be hollow. They will be solid 300m, the strongest steel you can use to make axles with.
    I think the inner and outer stubs must be the same, but I am drawing that conclusion simply from the fact that my 05 CTS-V came with (obviously) the 05 assemblies, which were replaced with the 07 assemblies with no other changes in associated hardware or parts. This means that the inners fit into the same differential and the outers work with the same knuckles. The shafts themselves, however, were two different diameters (1.25" vs. 1.50") which means there must be a different interface between each inner stub and each outer stub, right? (I have never disassembled any of these).

Quote Originally Posted by rjoffe View Post
    One of the solutions used in the 09 V's is to have different torsional spring rates on the different half shafts. This seems to reduce wheel hop. Do you have plans to use different materials, sizes, heat treatments,etc to achieve different spring rates on the half shafts ?
    Yes, I will more then likely offer a 30mm (1.18-1.20) drivers side axle and a 36mm (1.42-1.45) axle on the passenger side.
    That is what I am coming out with for the new Camaro and G8.
    Very similar to what GM has done on the new Camaro.

Quote Originally Posted by darkman View Post
    I think the inner and outer stubs must be the same, but I am drawing that conclusion simply from the fact that my 05 CTS-V came with (obviously) the 05 assemblies, which were replaced with the 07 assemblies with no other changes in associated hardware or parts. This means that the inners fit into the same differential and the outers work with the same knuckles. The shafts themselves, however, were two different diameters (1.25" vs. 1.50") which means there must be a different interface between each inner stub and each outer stub, right? (I have never disassembled any of these).
    I'm sure the splined are of the axles are the same where they go into the stubs. They probably just bump up the diameter between the cv's.

I'm sure the splined are of the axles are the same where they go into the stubs. They probably just bump up the diameter between the cv's.
    If you say so. I have already told you more than I know on this subject.

dannboss is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 BMW M5 | 2007 Cadillac Escalade ESV

So....again, in theory, when will they be ready? Trying to budget for the future!

richdash is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Doubt he can really put a time on it... He will need to do R&D, lets give the kind man some time here!!! We all want to eliminate wheel hop for under 2 grand.... My money says that these wont need a $200 grease option. I cant wait to see what happens!!!

Twitch is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '00 SLS, 98 SLS, 89 Eldo, '80 Eldo

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    Good God...what motor(s) are you guys planning on running? Are you talking crank or wheel HP?

Holy smokes...I would have been happy with a diff that would handle 500 rwhp, to say nothing about 600 or more.

Also, I'd start raising an eyebrow at the transmission at those power levels, for they far exceed the rated specs.

All I can say is, I want a ride in your cars...
    Haha, your funny
    Actually, I think 500rwhp would be my limit (if I ever get that far). I'm much more interested in the low end grunt . But I would like that 100hp buffer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.