Clutch Questions...Help! - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Clutch Questions...Help! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob Have you started the install yet? No Sir.....Hendrix said he will probably get the flywheel(s) in ...
    lollygagger8 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Platinum 2004 CTS-V

Re: Clutch Questions...Help!

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV_Rob View Post
    Have you started the install yet?
    No Sir.....Hendrix said he will probably get the flywheel(s) in Tuesday. I probably won't get around to installing it for a week or two.

Randy, why are you getting a new slave? Just for the remote bleeder? How much was your slave, and where did you get it? I'm guessing you got a LS6 slave, right? Which remote bleeder did you get, and how much? (you can PM if you want) thank you Sir!

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Im doing some checking as well,i much rather use the $100 f body style than a $230 ls7,if it needs a shim i will have a lazer shop make me some and put it in with the kitts,ive just been gettin to many diffeent stories.Mann im just going to buy one of these ctsvs!..How bout a group buy on 1000 sets of axles...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    Im doing some checking as well,i much rather use the $100 f body style than a $230 ls7,if it needs a shim i will have a lazer shop make me some and put it in with the kitts,ive just been gettin to many diffeent stories.Mann im just going to buy one of these ctsvs!..How bout a group buy on 1000 sets of axles...LOL
    What's the part # of the F body slaves Thomas? Do you have any laying around that you could snap a pic of and give dimensions? Man I wonder if those would work?

Where's the cheapest anyone has found a LS6 slave? I'm ok with getting a spacer made.

Hendrix-Engineering is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): escalade

Quote Originally Posted by lollygagger8 View Post
    What's the part # of the F body slaves Thomas? Do you have any laying around that you could snap a pic of and give dimensions? Man I wonder if those would work?

Where's the cheapest anyone has found a LS6 slave? I'm ok with getting a spacer made.
    I have one here ill sendit with your clutch and you can compare.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrix-Engineering View Post
    I have one here ill sendit with your clutch and you can compare.
    I think I should point something out, here. As much as Thomas wanders around in the back of his shop and handles parts and works on stuff, I'll bet his computer keyboard is one nasty sight!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Ok just talked to Thomas, he's shipping out the fw/clutch and all that today.

1) So, should I drain the fluid out of the trans before removal, or can I get away with leaving it in?

2) How do you get the fw not to turn when loosening/tightening the bolts? Does the crank just hold it in place, or is there a special tool needed?

3) Are there any tricks to unhooking the master cylinder line? I haven't even looked at the connection yet.

4) Is the only difference between the LS7 slave and the LS6 slave, the length? (like LS6 slave is going to be shorter due to the dual mass fw, and LS7 picks up the slack - and no spacer needed) <- correct?

5) Anybody have the torque settings for all the bolts? ?

darkman is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Transmission Fluid = Weight - your call.

See Attached:

Thanks for the torque values Darkman!! That's funny.....not sure why you would need to remove the shifter bracket, but ok.

#1....as long as it doesn't spill out all over is what I'm concerned about. Weight.....ehhh

#5 is answered then .....

anybody else got anything?

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

yeah what did you decide on the remote bleeder? I just got my LS7 from luke so natrurally I'm itching for a write-up....

Let me know if you need a hand... maybe I'll drive down next weekend I think I have free....

Quote Originally Posted by nmaier2201 View Post
    yeah what did you decide on the remote bleeder? I just got my LS7 from luke so natrurally I'm itching for a write-up....

Let me know if you need a hand... maybe I'll drive down next weekend I think I have free....

I'm calling LAPD and ordering their bleeder. Randy got his from there are said they are pretty cool guys.

Did you get the whole setup then? (LS7 fw/p.plate/clutch/slave)
    Did you get a LS7 slave then?

Once I get everything I need, that would be cool if you came down if you have time. We can mess mine up, so your install goes smoothly lol. I don't know if I'll have anything by next weekend though?

I guess I need to get my LS7 slave ordered. Since Hendrix said it's a LS7 type clutch, I don't know if the LS7 slave will work perfect length or not.....I don't know how big the spacer should be, or if there should even be one. I did find this (for measurement purposes) but it's a little confusing to me still

That looks perfectly simple to me! Just kidding. I don't see how you could get those measurements w/o taking the trans on and off a couple times... that sounds horrid.

Yeah I got the whole LS7 setup. flywheel, clutch, and slave. I still need to get the bleeder... jury is still out on that one... I was going to get it after the fact and just hook it up, but Luke said with the LS7 you do need to notch it slightly or bend the tube on the LS7 slave (boo to that option) or get a bleeder... so it sounds like getting the remote bleeder during install is highly suggested.

Yeah I'd be 90% confident that your LS7 type clutch needs the LS7 slave for spacing... and that he spacing should be fine with it. I'd order it... it's not overly expensive and getting a spacer made for your used worn down slave doesn't make a ton of sense.

I'm slightly concerned on your diagram there about shim spacing... I didn't get any shims... becuase I was pretty sure I didn't need them.

I'm pretty sure I'm free last weekend in July, if you are going to do it later I'll check to see if I'm free. I heard it's a two man job and since I'm going to be doing it myself (or paying someone) I might as well see what I'm getting myself into... and it would be fun.

I'm going to replace the slave regardless.....and install the remote bleeder while it's out. After bleeding it and seeing the $hit that came out of it, I'll be bleeding it every couple months!

You shouldn't need shims since your slave is made for that distance clutch.

What I DO need, is the measurement of your flywheel/p.plate/clutch assy. (the height) Could you get that for me man? That would help me big time, so I have that to compare with the Hendrix stuff. If they are the same, I won't need a spacer!

Ya if you help me on mine, I could always come help you on yours. My Grandma lives in Countryside (couple miles from the UPS hub off 297) so I could stay with her at night and we work on yours during the day.

I guess since we are the only two interested in this, there will be no need to take pics cuz we'll be pros by the end of it all!

no problem. i'll let you know

LAPD remote bleeder ordered

LS7 slave ordered from Luke

.......just waiting for Hendrix Clutch/FW

CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Don't forget the pics LG8.

Some of us want to see what you went through. I changed out my flywheel on jack stands but I don't see this happening again PITA. I may need a new clutch soon and if so I would like to hear how this install went and if the LS7 slave worked for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.