Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2004-2007 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2004 - 2007; Just thought I'd share. I know somebody's looking for one. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...#ht_500wt_1492...
    ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal

Just thought I'd share. I know somebody's looking for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Super...#ht_500wt_1492

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cobra29svt is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: Maggie on ebay = seemingly good deal

Yeah, someone please buy it before I do. Spent the last few hours trying to talk myself out of it.

deedubb is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): E85 Powered - Maggie'd V

I assume the LS2 kit only works on the LS2? Any reasonable way to get it to work on the LS6 application?

ctsv154 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V with a little hp persuasion device

It will work. You may have to move some sensors around but you have to do that anyway to install the maggie. The heads are the same so that wont be a problem. You will need a TB harness for the 90 but thats no big deal. I just installed the 90 on my LS6 no problem. You will need to buy an LS6 valley pan because the LS6 nock sensors are in there were the LS2's aren't. Thats the only major thing I can think of. Still, for that price, thats a steal.

Any idea at how much I'm looking extra to make it work for the LS6? I'm just curious if its going to be more effective to just buy a new one...I doubt the extras will cost 2G's + though. Seems like a great deal to me too.

Hmmmmmm

Doctornick is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

add 2k and I'll sell ya my polished LS6 maggie with all new hardware NIB! (Although, it looks like sometime next week I am gonna throw it on)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctornick View Post
    add 2k and I'll sell ya my polished LS6 maggie with all new hardware NIB! (Although, it looks like sometime next week I am gonna throw it on)
    Dang, is polishing that much more expensive?

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

This is one of those purchases that could either be a helluva deal or a one-way ticket to missing pieces and mod hell.

CTSV_510 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '06 Z06, '05 CTS-V 453rwhp/434rwtq (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    Dang, is polishing that much more expensive?
    They retail for $1000 more than a standard silver.

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

polishing is done by an external company and adds like 1k to the price (if my failing memory serves me correctly)

EDIT: AWWW YOU BEAT ME TO IT CTSV510!!!

nmaier2201 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Hey wait isn't that "bigbadcj"'s maggie? He was trying to sell it and his LS2 in the classifieds here for 7500 bucks for a LSX project.

I really wanted that LS2/Maggie combo.. but I wanted it for like 6k...ish... and I didn't even want to offer that price to him... too low to entertain

So how could one tell if this is complete or not? I'm hovering above the trigger here! I guess if a few parts are missing, they could be purchased from Magnuesson directly, right?

For a comparison question, how far would $3000 get me in going with an NA buildup ie: larger cam/ported heads/springs/lifters and headers? I'm not sure how much that stuff costs other than headers (around 1200 which is 1/3 of the 3000 already)

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by deedubb View Post
    So how could one tell if this is complete or not? I'm hovering above the trigger here! I guess if a few parts are missing, they could be purchased from Magnuesson directly, right?

For a comparison question, how far would $3000 get me in going with an NA buildup ie: larger cam/ported heads/springs/lifters and headers? I'm not sure how much that stuff costs other than headers (around 1200 which is 1/3 of the 3000 already)
    Perhaps I'm conservative, but I'd automatically add, say, $500 to the purchase price and send it directly to Magnason for their review. Then, once they have completed their review and replaced all parts that need to be included, have them ship it directly to you. Ask for Dave and he'll take care of you.

Piece of mind is worth it to me.

A 2.8" pulley and a tune should land you in the neighborhood of 450 rwhp/410 rwtq. I don't think you'll be able to get that much NA without spending much more. And installing/removing the maggie is much easier as well.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

I bought used from a very well-known guy on this forum. Said I'd have to get $50 more stuff to make it complete. Five hundred bucks later, and he was "right." Fortunately, I did not send it back to Magnuson and have had zero issues with it.

$500 would be the most you'd spend, IMHO. You're gonna need a tune anyway, so figure that in. Kmajecki has a MS Excel file with all the parts listed that are suppose to come in the kit. I used that and just started identifying each part with what I had and what I needed and got it done. It's not rocket science, just takes a little time.

For 3 Gs and from I know now, I'd be all over this kit.
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

I really want this....waiting to hear back from the seller and the guy who owns the car here on CF for answers to a few of my questions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.